IGNORED

Suggestions for first timer Guest House around Soi LK?

LMNOP

Hi All

My Friend is needing a place to stay for his first trip to Thailand.

Up to 1000 THB per night what options around Soi LK are currently recommended?

Trip will be early July.

Thanks

LMNOP

Have a look at a few BM run places on soi honey,chaiyapoon and lengkee, and buakhao it`s self .I .rovers Boomerang etc.

There are many good ones mate - my second favorite is the excellent China Garden. However, my fave guest house is the up-market La Cerise, it's rooms are like a 3/4 star hotel, spotlessly clean, well managed by a falang lady and very classy. Both guest houses are in soi Lenkee (right next to LK). Prices are 800-1,000THB (depending on room and season).

We are stumbling distance from LK Metro. BM friendly and Aussie sports as well. Pics and BM reviews in the thread. 600-700b a night.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/235890-rooms-at-the-hunny-pot-soi-honey/

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

Irovers is reasonably priced and good rooms too

I stayed there on my first trip. And rhe only reason i havent again is because i prefer to stay closer to Soi 6

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Facebook: Damo Damo

Thai Phone: 09 4332 9734

First Report (not first trip)

Next Trip - SONGKRAN 2015

Pattaya Pattaya......... Poo ying love you mak mak

China Garden, no doubt. Probably the most price worthy accomodation I've ever had.

haiyapoon just around the corner from LK Metro

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I keep saying I will not promote my guesthouse choice because it is getting harder to get the room of choice on the dates I want but I have to endorse www.boomerangguesthouse.com . A great place to stay, great rates, great rooms, great management and for me a great location. B-gg-r I've done it again, please don't book here!

a) La Cerise guesthouse (800-1000 baht)

or

b) Rooms above Chow soy restaurant (700 baht)

Is La Cerise still open ? It was possible to book a room by Agoda , but not now . Someone reported that they're going to sell the business . . .

Restaurang closed but guesthose still open. Been for sale long time now.Stayed 2012 great room very good bed.

First time I went to Pattaya I stayed at Canterbury Tales,have stayed there every trip since then and have a room booked there for next July.  It is in Soi Chaiyapon, only a stones throw from LK Metro.  If your friend wants to hang out with other Ozzies, The Hunny Pot in Soi Honey also rents out rooms, I haven't stayed there myself, only going there for beer and the lovely ladies. I have chatted with people staying there and they seem to be very happy.  Both establishments are run by great guys who really go out of their way to help their guests.  

Is La Cerise still open ? It was possible to book a room by Agoda , but not now . Someone reported that they're going to sell the business . . .

Yes still open. As another BM has pointed out, the cafe is closed (not much call for classy french cuisine in Patts). This IMHO is the classiest guest house in Patts (that I have stayed in). Don't book breakfast as the Blue Heeler or Devonshire in the same soi do better. La Cerise gets a thumbs up from me. 

La Cerise Guest House - Agoda.com‎

Always looking for alternatives and La Cerise looks great. Not many guest houses that provide a gym let alone a pool.

Their web site, http://www.lacerisepattaya.com/rooms.htm, states 'Maximum of 2 persons per room'

Does anyone who whether this means: 

- an extra charge for additional girl(s) 

- two or more girls not allowed

Means they with charge for a third girl/other guest ^^^^

Always looking for alternatives and La Cerise looks great. Not many guest houses that provide a gym let alone a pool.

Their web site, http://www.lacerisepattaya.com/rooms.htm, states 'Maximum of 2 persons per room'

AFAIK, the pool/gym are in an adjoining hotel, but La Cerise guests get to use it for free.

I have never brought more than one 'guest' home at a time. Its a laid back place, I doubt you would have any trouble bringing a couple of girls back...could always email to check.

AFAIK, the pool/gym are in an adjoining hotel, but La Cerise guests get to use it for free.

I have never brought more than one 'guest' home at a time. Its a laid back place, I doubt you would have any trouble bringing a couple of girls back...could always email to check.

Rooms in the quality guest house in this area are often booked out well in advance.  Nice to have alternatives if my regular place is unavailable.  Have no problem with paying for an extra guest or two and will confirm cost prior to making any booking.

Hi LMNOP....my place is less than 5 minutes stroll from LK, have a look at my rooms and rates at the link below.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Hi LMNOP....my place is less than 5 minutes stroll from LK, have a look at my rooms and rates at the link below.

Cheers

Alan.

Never stayed at the English Rose, but guys I know who have say it is a good guesthouse with a friendly owner. I will check it out for myself sometime.

Plenty of great pools available around the area for 100b or less. BM owned and friendly GuestHouses like our own tend to be a bit more accommodating with extra guests, towels etc.

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

Archived