IGNORED

Help! How can I access my Brokerage account in the U.S.

Exiled

Patients fellas not very computer literate.

For years I never had any problems here in Pattaya where I'm living accessing any of my Bank or Stock accounts in the U.S.

Recently the place I'm living change the ISP provider to Sophon.  It didn't seem a problem until I try to log on to my brokerage account with Vanguard.  The message I got when I try to log on was my account information was not available. After several days I decided to call Vanguard, the representative was somewhat evasive but told me that Thailand might be one of the countries that they have listed as having lots of fraud?  Whether Thailand was actually on the list he was not allow to say.  But I do know recently  Vanguard website was down due to scheduled maintenance and upgrades?

He also mentioned that it might be the ISP provider that was available to me where I'm staying was the problem why I couldn't log on to Vanguard in the States.  So I decided to go to a Internet shop and a friends house who subscribes to 3BBB, give a try and both denied me access like before.

A friend through a friend said there might be a way to accessing my account with Vanguard by going backdoor?  Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can help me with a step by step method of accessing my Vanguard accounts?

Thank you in advance.

Get a VPN. You connect to a server back in the US that your internet traffic goes through. Connect to it before you go to your brokerage site, then disconnect afterward. The IP address will look like it's coming from the US.

I've used ExpressVPN in the past.

Using VPN is the correct answer. Make sure to get a VPN that's hosted in USA. It's not expensive, around $5 to $20 per month and there are many to choose from.

I live in Pattaya and I'm from the US and I also have a Vanguard account. When I use my VPN, I log in normally onto my Vanguard account.

When I'm not using my VPN, the Vanguard site asks me a secondary security question before it allows me access, but it never denies access.

I am using PURE VPN and I pay $50/year. I know there are free VPN's out there but I'm not that computer literate and Pure is easy to install and use. When you log into your VPN, you can choose servers from all over the world, with many, many in the US, so websites will see your IP address coming from the US.

Good luck

Dont need to pay anything. Use Chrome Browser and use Chrome add on VPN Zenmate. Switch is to USA and you're sorted....

Dont need to pay anything. Use Chrome Browser and use Chrome add on VPN Zenmate. Switch is to USA and you're sorted....

Thanks everyone for the information.  Since I was having a problem with one account Vanguard, I opted for the free VPN  Zenmate and as indicated quick to download.  Log on and provided my security question and I was in!

Thanks,   :GoldenSmile1:

Archived