IGNORED

dtac tourist sim how can I renew to keep my number in the states untill I one back.

Expediter

Hello I had the tourist sim unlimited for 15 days added to that twice since I was in pats. I would like to keep this number and si. I dint care about adding money to this to keep it active but how can i do so in the states? Thank you for the help

You should be able to go online and top it up. There is a link on PA to a site that allows you to do this. Start looking

Tu.

You should be able to go online and top it up. There is a link on PA to a site that allows you to do this. Start looking

Search back in this section of the forum. Multiple previous threads discussing how to 'top up' Thai phone numbers from Farangland.   :Think1:

If you know somebody who is in Thailand at the moment, you might have your sim extended for one year.  I have the tourist sim and went to the dtac counter in Big C on Klang.  For a little over 100 baht they extended the validity of my sim for one year.  When I left Thailand in the end of January, I had about 200 baht on my phone, valid until the beginning of 2016.

Similar to the post above but I did it at the DTAC desk at BKK on the way home. First they said cannot but it transpired that they change to a different package,. 2 Bt per minute calls. Cost 100 Bt but included 50 credit. Good for one year 

I recharge directly from the DTAC web page, https://store.dtac.co.th/en/irefill , using the Visa card payment option. A payment confirmation is sent to your email address.

Put the DTAC SIM into a phone, enable international roaming and you receive an SMS with the updated expiry date for the DTAC SIM. 

If you have Dtac prepaid and have already activated international roaming then you can actually extend the expiration date of your sim for up to 1 year. Just hit call and press : *113*[number of days 30/90/180]*9# and then call to extend it up to 180 days increments and a max of 365 days. It should only cost a few bahts drained even while overseas. You can also just top up the sim card by buying loads online via ebay as another option to extended the validity

I've had my same sim card # for over 7 years now and there was a period where I didn't go to Thailand for over 4 years. The sim card still worked when I came back after 4 years and it even had the original credit I put in 4 years ago minus a few Baht because of the extensions. Loved the fact that I can just keep a Dtac sim # for as long as I want and can just call and text somebody with it as soon as I land in Thailand even after a long hiatus.

Also make sure that the sim is registered just in case as I keep hearing they will disconnect all unregistered Thai sims by july. I did it at the Dtac center in Central and it was easy as pie, though they did need my original passport and took a pic of it so not sure if you are comfortable with that. I guess you can ask a thai bargirl to do that for you if you don't want them to have that information about you on file.

If you have Dtac prepaid and have already activated international roaming then you can actually extend the expiration date of your sim for up to 1 year. Just hit call and press : *113*[number of days 30/90/180]*9# and then call to extend it up to 180 days increments and a max of 365 days. It should only cost a few bahts drained even while overseas. You can also just top up the sim card by buying loads online via ebay as another option to extended the validity

I've had my same sim card # for over 7 years now and there was a period where I didn't go to Thailand for over 4 years. The sim card still worked when I came back after 4 years and it even had the original credit I put in 4 years ago minus a few Baht because of the extensions. Loved the fact that I can just keep a Dtac sim # for as long as I want and can just call and text somebody with it as soon as I land in Thailand even after a long hiatus.

Also make sure that the sim is registered just in case as I keep hearing they will disconnect all unregistered Thai sims by july. I did it at the Dtac center in Central and it was easy as pie, though they did need my original passport and took a pic of it so not sure if you are comfortable with that. I guess you can ask a thai bargirl to do that for you if you don't want them to have that information about you on file.

Thanks for the info. I have been recharging to keep the sim from expiring.  

Just ask anyone to go in a 7/11 and top up 50 Baht via entering the number in the Reader ??

Just ask anyone to go in a 7/11 and top up 50 Baht via entering the number in the Reader ??

answering myself I've had True for around 6 years and any extended time out of country (3 months maybe) I just message one of My girls and they do for me

I recharge directly from the DTAC web page, https://store.dtac.co.th/en/irefill , using the Visa card payment option. A payment confirmation is sent to your email address.

Put the DTAC SIM into a phone, enable international roaming and you receive an SMS with the updated expiry date for the DTAC SIM. 

TU but they give me an error message stating only Thai cards accepted. 

I've been topping up our DTAC sims for years using my Kasikorn account with internet banking. Our DTAC pre-paid sims are on the simple plan at 2 baht a minute and 1 year validity with each topup.

We have been using DTAC for 14 years now and have had no issues at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been topping up our DTAC sims for years using my Kasikorn account with internet banking. Our DTAC pre-paid sims are on the simple plan at 2 baht a minute and 1 year validity with each topup.

We have been using DTAC for 14 years now and have had no issues at all.

That's what I've been doing after each top up I get a message showing amount of credit and how long it lasts, on a separate point the phone I have now takes a micro SIM as opposed to the standard SIM I have been using, does anyone know if I can transfer my number at one of the shops to a new micro SIM once I return to Thailand?

Archived