Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tourist SIM Packages - May 2015

Sick Water Buffalo

Easier to understand is just adding a 30 day 'unlimited' plan from TRUEmove [H] for $699 and being done with it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm only here for 14 days and the miser in me won't let me buy that [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Well on this trip I've purchased the True Move H prepaid sim for 49 Baht and topped up with 100 to get a bonus 10 and 1GB to use from 10pm to 6am. Of the 100, 79 buys me 1.2GB for 7 days. I could have just topped up with 79 but I couldn't resist a good offer.

After 3 days I'd used up my 1.2GB a call to customer service revealed to me that the plan stays in force for the full 7 days preventing me from buying another even though I've exhausted the data. Also the free 1GB in the evening won't be applied until the current plan expires - go figure.

Went to 7-11 to top up the sim with the intention of adding a daily data plan, rang cs to find that the balance was short of a Baht because they charge 3 each time I call them!

Topped up again and this time was suggested that I buy a speed boost which is 1GB for 7 days that can be applied to existing plans.

I can't imagine what AIS and DTAC are like. Hope they're easier to understand.

AIS is very easy.

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/en/package.aspx?id=4&type=mobile_package

Top-up 711. Pick your package. Text the number.

I'm only here for 14 days and the miser in me won't let me buy that [emoji16]

Your call - the opportunity cost of the hassle of dealing with other solutions is usually not worth it the $10 in differences.

Yeah maybe. My total outlay is 228 for almost 2 weeks use.

$15 difference. Hassle free operation is worth that, particularly considering that you (or I) probably spend that much on some other non-sense.

• 2 weeks later...

you guys got any idea what the best package is for someone who just wants to be able to text/call other thai mobile numbers ( my buddies) really dont want internet, its one of the nice things about being away not having to check facebook, send emails, facetime etc. im there for 3 weeks

you guys got any idea what the best package is for someone who just wants to be able to text/call other thai mobile numbers ( my buddies) really dont want internet, its one of the nice things about being away not having to check facebook, send emails, facetime etc. im there for 3 weeks

Then just purchase the SIM without any data package: 49 baht, comes with 15 baht worth of call credit (8 minutes worth of talk); add however much call credit you believe you will use (or top up when it gets low).  :Dunno:

Surely they all charge different prices?

Surely they all charge different prices?

The basic SIMs from each of the big three providers are 49 (DTAC, True) or 50 (AIS) baht.

It's not rocket surgery, when you arrive in Pattaya just go to the nearest 7-11 or Family Mart and buy the basic plain SIM for whichever provider you feel like, since you're only using voice/text without data.   :Think1:

I'll be doing it at the airport not waiting till I get to patts. nothing to do with like it will be whoever has the cheapest calls, every baht saved on a phone call is  a baht available for something else.

I'm guessing from the comments there is virtually no difference in the cost of calls

Good luck dealing without data. ;-)

I'm looking forward to it, seriously considering dumping the smart phone at home as well and just going back to a brick. the things are a fucking menace!!!!

I'm looking forward to it, seriously considering dumping the smart phone at home as well and just going back to a brick. the things are a fucking menace!!!!

Unless you already have a modern day non-smart phone you would have to buy one. Older phones are probably 2G. I don't know if Thailand still supports that.

Excellent. Makes it easier for the rest of living beyond the 20th century, in dealing with the girls.

Excellent. Makes it easier for the rest of living beyond the 20th century, in dealing with the girls.

How does a smart phone assist with dealing with the girls? i meet them in a bar not online, once ive done what i need i don't generally see them again and certainly don't want them contacting me. If i want them I know where to find them!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi is dtac is doing the 30day unlimited internet at the airport?

Can't seem to find any information on their website.

Vincent Law

I am not aware of any truly unlimited plan; AFAIK they are all capped. Usually once you reach your data limit speed gets reduced to 128-384 kbps.

You can buy DTAC prepaid sim card (Happy brand) and then activate data plan from below link.

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/happy-unlimited-internet-package.html

Hi is dtac is doing the 30day unlimited internet at the airport?

Can't seem to find any information on their website.

Yes the Happy Tourist sim card (or something like that) offers unlimited data for 7 days for around 300baht. Longer stays can be bought too but I can't remember the details.

Yes the Happy Tourist sim card (or something like that) offers unlimited data for 7 days for around 300baht. Longer stays can be bought too but I can't remember the details.

If only the very top post in this thread detailed the different Tourist SIM offers.   :Whistle:

Archived