IGNORED

Udon Thani to Vang Vieng

joel1699

Hi there

I'll be looking for either a VIP bus or taxi service from Udon Thani airport to Vang Vieng, Laos.  Going up to chill for a few days and I cannot find any other information, apart from a bus service which goes in the morning.

this is no good for me as I arrive in Udon Thani at 17:30, therefore I wonder if any of you chaps would know of an alternative bus service or even a taxi driver willing to do the journey for a flat fee?

I done this a few months ago, but I arranged next day mini van pickup with my hotel in vientiane.

From udon airport there is a mini van service to the border, it was 200 baht.

When I crossed the border there were countless taxi drivers looking to take us to our hotel in vientiane. I am sure ou could negotiate a fee with them. Or catch the border bus to the bus station in vientiane , from there, countless taxi drivers and mini van drivers to take you to vang vieng.

By the way, I loved VV. and will be spending more time there in the future.

I done this a few months ago, but I arranged next day mini van pickup with my hotel in vientiane.

From udon airport there is a mini van service to the border, it was 200 baht.

When I crossed the border there were countless taxi drivers looking to take us to our hotel in vientiane. I am sure ou could negotiate a fee with them. Or catch the border bus to the bus station in vientiane , from there, countless taxi drivers and mini van drivers to take you to vang vieng.

By the way, I loved VV. and will be spending more time there in the future.

Hey Weblo, thanks for that

I loved it too.  I didn't go tubing or go to the river but I did chill out and have a nice drink; as well as have a smoke and relax a bit.  I got a good deal on the riverside boutique hotel, so I will be taking a book with me!

• 8 months later...

Im spending a few days in Udon when im over next month,was wondering if anyone on here knew Roughly how far vientiane is form Udon.......cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Im spending a few days in Udon when im over next month,was wondering if anyone on here knew Roughly how far vientiane is form Udon.......cheers

Traveling time is less than two hours but you have to add on the time taken to get through immigration etc at Nong Khai.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived