IGNORED

VT6 View Taley 6 - all condos fully guest friendly? hidden costs? viewtalay6.com

Feverdogg

Hi,

So after endless looking at hotels for my first ever visit (as a couple), I have now discovered VT6

Location seems perfect....and from what I can gather, but wanting to check...I should have no problems with guests.

Can anyone confirm these are always guest friendly for bringing back a 3rd person?

Do they have to drop in ID at the checkin and all that jazz just like in hotels?

One of the places I've seen (so far) is

http://www.viewtalay6.com/

Has anyone used these before?  They have good prices from around 1400 per night

I've never been to Thailand before, nor have I ever booked a non-hotel before....so are there other hidden costs I need to be aware of when I go down this route?

Thanks

I have not stayed there yet but as far as i know the only extra would be to have your room cleaned. and as your renting the condo you can take as many girls back as you like. im sure someone that has stayed there before can give you more advice

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Hi,

So after endless looking at hotels for my first ever visit (as a couple), I have now discovered VT6

Location seems perfect....and from what I can gather, but wanting to check...I should have no problems with guests.

Can anyone confirm these are always guest friendly for bringing back a 3rd person?

Do they have to drop in ID at the checkin and all that jazz just like in hotels?

One of the places I've seen (so far) is

Has anyone used these before?  They have good prices from around 1400 per night

I've never been to Thailand before, nor have I ever booked a non-hotel before....so are there other hidden costs I need to be aware of when I go down this route?

Thanks

Yes VT6 is girl friendly and guards will take ladies' ID, give them pass that they will return when they leave.

Some Condos can be rented for low as 990 baht...

No hidden costs but will require deposit when you book and pay rest of balance when you check in.

P.A.A.G. Hunter

thanks.

Does anyone have any experience on the particular site 

There's a nice apartment I like the looks of on there (the orange one - which is around 1400 most nights I'm looking at)

I've seen a couple other sites...that do quote very cheap though the price seems to jump up a lot when you go through the process (with the other fees)

What do the cleaning services cost?  I presume that's a compulsory thing.....especially for the last day?

vt6 is a condo and not a hotel so things are a bit different.   Each rental agency has their own policies so check out the particulars of the place you want to use.    You may have to pay for electricity and water usage (although that's mainly for long-stay contracts).   You may have to pay for internet.  There is no building WiFi.    The room will likely have an ADSL modem with WiFi connected to a private phone line.   

There are guards at the elevator in the evening who will take guest IDs if you ask them to.    It's not a hotel so you aren't required to register your guests.   You can have as many guests as will fit in your room.

vt6 has a bunch of shops on the lowest floor (floor 3) where you can buy snacks and various other small things for your room.   There restaurants and massage places as well.    The ground floor

of the Central shopping center next door has a grocery store.. so you can buy food there to cook in your room if you want (but there is no shortage of restaurants nearby).

thanks - very helpful - I'll have to check closely for the water/elec and the wifi etc - internet access is a must....  I'm currently looking at http://honeyscoffeehouse.com/ which have a couple of ok looking budget places there.  Not sure on the wifi yet there mind - but my google chrome has about 80 pages (literally) about a quarter thai holiday related some and my head is busting keeping on track of it all now lol

Hard to get my head around not treating it like a hotel....though I guess the difference in reality to the end user is very little

Hard to get my head around not treating it like a hotel....though I guess the difference in reality to the end user is very little

I'd say the differences are

1. sheets and towels not cleaned every day.    Some rental agencies will do that but many will only clean a few times a week (but if you pay they will do more)   It typically costs around 300 baht to get a room cleaned.

2.  all rooms are different.  like fingerprints.    You're renting a room some person bought and furnished.

3.  cooking facilities.  

4. real competition from the shops downstairs -- it's not like a hotel where teh hotel controls the restaurant prices and make them higher since they've got a captive audience.

5. you feel more in control of your space and not that you're just a guest of the hotel

Try going to Dancewatchers.com they have excellent service and you can view the rooms online. They are highly recommended. Beachroadlover

thanks - I'd been looking at that, and honeyscoffeehouse.  Honeys don't show very good pics, but the price is made clear.  Dancewatchers is a bit of a mess layout wise lol.  As I'm going end of May and beginning of June I guess I just need to add up the individual day fee that it lands on.

Does anyone know if Dancewatchers is inclusive of those additional 'hotel taxes' that the other sites seem to add once you put your days on?

thanks.

Does anyone have any experience on the particular site 

I used them a few weeks back. Here is my experience.

After I booked an apartment (and paid in full) I received an email stating that the one I had chosen was fully booked and they offered me an alternative. Bizarrely they expected me to choose the alternative without seeing any photos.

I requested photos, received them and agreed to the change.

When I arrived at their office I was advised that there was a problem with the alternative apartment and that they had allocated me another one. It was on the 27th floor, great view but it was shit. I stayed there a few days and they eventually moved me to the one I originally booked.

I found their email communications to be slow and cumbersome.

The rate advertised on their site includes two cleans a week (plus a departure clean) and they asked for a 3k BHT cash deposit on check in.

I doubt if I would book through them again.

You may also like to look at Airbnb.com for your chosen dates. You'll find a number of apartments at VT6 which cant be found elsewhere.

You may also like to look at Airbnb.com for your chosen dates. You'll find a number of apartments at VT6 which cant be found elsewhere.

How does this AirBnb work for VT6 condos? Are there agents or owners renting the condos?

How does this AirBnb work for VT6 condos? Are there agents or user renting the condos?

They fall into 3 categories:

Actual owners advertising specific apartments (https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/1568495?checkin=08-08-2015&checkout=15-08-2015&s=rGPK)

Agents advertising specific apartments (https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/4396822?checkin=08-08-2015&checkout=15-08-2015&s=rGPK)

Agents advertising a group of apartments but you don’t know which one you will stay in.(https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/5544677?checkin=08-08-2015&checkout=15-08-2015&s=rGPK)

I would avoid the third category.

thanks useful info.  About to finally book the flights, then worry about the accomodation straight after :)  I'll avoid viewtalay6.com I think

Pats home design has a office on the ground floor has a number of nice apartments , I have used her many times , always pleased with her service

No need to worry about electricity water charges if staying for two weeks that only kicks in if staying a month or more here's her email

[email protected]

Dancewatchers will give u good service and u will get the room u book. There are add-on costs though of around 1000 to get the room ready after u leave. Also a PayPal fee of 300 I think for your deposit. Cleaning is 1000 per week which doesn't include weekends. I do it myself.

It all works well though and is a fabulous place to stay IMO.

Honey is also a good operator and is onsite at the coffee shop if u have any problems.

Thanks.  We'll be staying a week (well 7 nights) so I wonder how that works out cleaning wise (as the standard service only change towels/bedding weekly).  Well the same I guess.....ie the single charge for the "after you leave" price - being the maid clean

Do you know if there's anywhere for leaving bags etc for the last day?  Our flight isn't going to be until about 2am the next morning in BKK so plan to spend most of the day in Pattaya before heading up.  Not sure if they allow late checkout options or somewhere to hold belongings safely for that last trip before leave

"as a couple"

Why bring sand to the beach suga?

Vincent Law

Do you know if there's anywhere for leaving bags etc for the last day?  Our flight isn't going to be until about 2am the next morning in BKK so plan to spend most of the day in Pattaya before heading up.  Not sure if they allow late checkout options or somewhere to hold belongings safely for that last trip before leave

If you book with one of the offices at VT6, you most probably can leave it at there Office, with Dancewatcher (they have no Office at VT6) you can just hand it to the Security near the Lifts. They will put it behind the Desk and watch it for you, dont forget to give them a tip. Late check out is sometimes possible, just ask. 

cos she likes the sand on the beach too :)

Nice.

Vincent Law

well....i've just booked the flights so committed now :)  Time to concentrate on this part now :)

You may want to consider: http://www.viewtalaycondo6.com/condo-for-rent/

According to their website there is no late checkout charges.

Archived