IGNORED

Wanted: Best Condo I can find. On bus line, 7-15k. Jun 16 for 1-3 months

Old Scratch

Starting Jun 16, I need a place for at least 1 month.  After 3 months, I will have to decide if I want to stay permanently or keep travelling.

Budget is quite flexible but it's all about bang for the buck, as long as my must haves are filled in.  So the place I end up might be 7k with no amenities or 15k for a really comfortable place with everything on the "Nice to have" list.  My fallback plan is a low end VT6 studio at 16kish but I would like to see if I can do better than that.  I can go over 15k if elec is included (I use a -lot- of aircon).

Must haves:

- On the baht bus lines.  I don't plan to get a bike soon.  Need to be able to get to the usual places Soi 6, Ibar, WS, LK without a ton of walking.  Near the start of WS, behind TukCom, around Soi 6, Bukhao, etc. all good.  Further out on third road, I think, would put me in a bad spot.

- Stable wifi

- Area to work on a laptop.  Desk/table and a comfortable chair or office chair.  Something I can sit in for hours so patio chairs and the like won't work.  This one has ruled out some of the cheaper places like Honeypot, I think, but I am optimistic that the forum can help.

Nice to have:

- Street vendors right outside the door

- Decent gym with at least a good treadmill/elliptical.  Failing that, being close to a gym is the next best thing.

Bonus points:

- Elec included (I love me some aircon)

- Near supermarket

- Near a cheap laundry place

- Cleaning included

Don't need:

View

Big place

Pool

Parking

Thanks, in advance.  I might have written more than anyone wants to read but I thought it would be good to put in everything I can think of and save people some time.  And feel free to PM me if you are in town and want to grab a beer.

try here about 12-15k a month with elec and cleaning etc and you can use the gym at the hotel they own on soi bukow 

Nice to have:

- Street vendors right outside the door

u got the market at the end of the soi great for picking up strays lol 

It looks really nice.  Correct me if I am wrong but I would need a bike for this location?  Not on an easy bus route to get to the usual places?

It looks really nice.  Correct me if I am wrong but I would need a bike for this location?  Not on an easy bus route to get to the usual places?

About a 4 min walk to the bus route.

Some nice refurbed condo's mark with a red cross for around 10K a month.

post-82617-0-02379800-1431867547_thumb.png

Ask BM Jerry , he might have one ...

Take a look at Nirun, cheap and cheerful with most all you require at about 5k per month plus utilities.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Any contact info for those 10k condos? Perfect area for me!

Thanks for any info.

Beautiful Brown Babes, Beaches, Bitches, Buriram, Beer chang, Bell/Baht Bus, Beach road, Bar Beer, BBBjcim, Backdoor......555

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!!

Looks like a winner for my next trip, thanks

Beautiful Brown Babes, Beaches, Bitches, Buriram, Beer chang, Bell/Baht Bus, Beach road, Bar Beer, BBBjcim, Backdoor......555

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!!

I think they have a typo in the translation....at least I hope this is not an accurate statement:  "Built in the bathroom in a nearby mall"  5555555

All joking aside, looks like a nice big room.

To the OP, I don't live in LOS or travel there for more than 8-11 days at a time, but, my guess is that, if the place doesn't have one that you like, you can probably buy a better desk chair fairly reasonably and just leave it behind when you head back.

lots of 20 something sq meter dogboxs about

Gotcha.  That doesn't sound too bad.  They list the rooms you mentioned as 6500-10500.  Are those different rooms or different time frame commitments?

To the OP, I don't live in LOS or travel there for more than 8-11 days at a time, but, my guess is that, if the place doesn't have one that you like, you can probably buy a better desk chair fairly reasonably and just leave it behind when you head back.

True, that's always an option!  Just something I have to figure into the price.  Something to keep in mind, for sure.

This looks like a fairly decent place from the pics.  But why do many of these types of rooms not have a barrier to keep the shower from drenching the rest of the bathroom?  It's a pain with wet toilet seat, wet feet, wet toilet paper and having to take your pants completely off to take a shit.  Is it just lack of space or a cultural thing?  Cost would be minimal to add a shower curtain and a raised barrier.

Any similar places and location with western style bathroom/shower?

dirkdeee, I couldn't agree with you more!  Glad to hear that I'm not alone on that!

Honestly, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Archived