Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Current Situation re: Extending 30 Day Visa Exempt Status

likethaigirls

Hi,

I'm on a Canadian passport, coming to Thailand from another Southeast Asian country in a couple of weeks by air.

I expect to be stamped in for 30 days, visa-exempt.

I read on the Bangkok Addicts site 2 days ago that, with my situation described above, I can, for 1,900 Baht, extend my stay for another 30 days. News to me!

Has anyone done this at Jomtien Immigration? Or else, if you have gone to Jomtien Immigration to extend your 30 day visa exempt status, what was the result?

In fact, I wonder if there is a set policy in effect now about this, or Is it up to the official you talk to?

Thank You

Yes, you can go to the Chon Buri immigration office in Jomtien, and pay 1900 baht for a 30 day extension... But as always it is up to the immigration officer if you get the extension or not.

Don't worry about it though, you will get the extension without problems. They have cleaned up the immigration office in Jomtien, and latest reports indicate that you only pay 1900 baht, no hidden extra fees for breakfast, college fund or whatever. I extended 2 weeks ago, no problem.

just remember to take your return confirmation of your flight back or they may give you less than 30days

any holes a goal

And do not be fooled into paying extra - there are offices outside that will tell you to pay extra for 30 days and the standard is 7 days - even some of the Immigration officers try to fob you off with 7 days

However let the people outside complete the paperwork for you - around 100 baht including photos

Get there early - and usually plenty of Russian girls around

• 1 month later...

I got a 1 month extension, no problem. Went to Jomtien Immigration at 1 p.m., I was out quick. I filled out the TM7 form, 1 visa photo, passport photocopies (available just outside)- that's it.

I had my air ticket out, they didn't ask to see it- this time!

Hope this helps...

And do not be fooled into paying extra - there are offices outside that will tell you to pay extra for 30 days and the standard is 7 days - even some of the Immigration officers try to fob you off with 7 days

However let the people outside complete the paperwork for you - around 100 baht including photos

Get there early - and usually plenty of Russian girls around

Nice advice about letting others complete for you. No messing no cock ups

Re: paperwork, I only had to fill out one form, the TM7. Not too difficult, really. I was asked for my phone number BTW.

• 2 weeks later...

Extended yesterday for 30 days, got there 15.20, out by 15.32, including the time it took to go next door and get the paperwork and photo done. Spent more time waiting for my ice coffee from Anny's Coffee stand out the front than I did in immigration. 

When you go get your photo, they will take the form off you and fill it out. I asked how much for the service, she said "up to you", I gave 60 baht. You also get your passport photo done, that costs 50 baht. 

Wasn't asked for plane ticket, only address and phone number. 30 day extension 1,900 baht. 

Did it last week . Printed out the form already at home , copies of the passport , photo's . 

Showed the stuff to the girls at reception and 2 minutes later i was on the desk handing 

in the forms . Another 2 minutes later without even leaving the desk the lady handed

me my passport with extension . 

Never done it that quick , love low season . 

Archived