Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Newsfeeds on PA

eXplosief

To me some of the newsfeeds are rather annoying. Now this is not a big deal, but I thought I'd start a thread on it and see how others think about it. Maybe we can come up with some suggestions to make PA even better.

Pattaya One

To me the most (only?) annoying one is Pattaya One. This newsfeed often posts topics twice or triple. Many times there is no more content than "Breaking news", and when following the link to their website there is no more content other than the same single line. This just fills the list of new posts with useless threads.

Many of these threads are about world news. The ones that actually have some content are mostly local news.

If it was up to me and technically possible I would only use their local news and fix the double postings.

news bandit

Global and Thailand news. Posts a reasonable amount of content. I find myself often reading these posts. No real specific complaints about this one.

Philippines / Bangkok addicts

I find them useful and often the topics are interesting on a mongers forum. That the topics are locked however makes them a little less useful.

Also with the Philippines Addicts threads they lead to threads that can not be viewed when not logged in. To me this makes them useless. Newsfeeds should lead to public viewable information.

General

I have my doubts about how useful local foreign news is. I think most people will follow the news of their home country reading their own local newspapers. So posting all local news from around the world does not really add something to PA for me.

For really global news stories it is different of course. But that would also be posted by a BM.

Think this is a good start for a discussion and looking forward to the input from others.

To me some of the newsfeeds are rather annoying. Now this is not a big deal, but I thought I'd start a thread on it and see how others think about it. Maybe we can come up with some suggestions to make PA even better.

Pattaya One

To me the most (only?) annoying one is Pattaya One. This newsfeed often posts topics twice or triple. Many times there is no more content than "Breaking news", and when following the link to their website there is no more content other than the same single line. This just fills the list of new posts with useless threads.

Many of these threads are about world news. The ones that actually have some content are mostly local news.

If it was up to me and technically possible I would only use their local news and fix the double postings.

news bandit

Global and Thailand news. Posts a reasonable amount of content. I find myself often reading these posts. No real specific complaints about this one.

Philippines / Bangkok addicts

I find them useful and often the topics are interesting on a mongers forum. That the topics are locked however makes them a little less useful.

Also with the Philippines Addicts threads they lead to threads that can not be viewed when not logged in. To me this makes them useless. Newsfeeds should lead to public viewable information.

General

I have my doubts about how useful local foreign news is. I think most people will follow the news of their home country reading their own local newspapers. So posting all local news from around the world does not really add something to PA for me.

For really global news stories it is different of course. But that would also be posted by a BM.

Think this is a good start for a discussion and looking forward to the input from others.

Pattaya One have changed how theirs works. It now just posts mostly shit not related to Thailand. I had the feed on my personal home page but have removed it as it is useless. It used to only post stories from Pattaya which is exactly want I wanted.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If that was still the case then it would be a good addition to the forum.

I thought there would be a lot more input and opinions of other BMs. Guess I was wrong.

You missed out Quotaman.     :WhoSaw1:

Looks like Quotaman is still lost.

• 1 month later...

I thought there would be a lot more input and opinions of other BMs. Guess I was wrong.

PA needs to generate some income to cover running costs I'm fairly sure they buy the space, maybe????

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Looks like Quotaman is still lost.

He's alive and kicking in....and sometimes it has something to do with Pattaya.   :GoldenSmile1:

The posting bots ruined the news forum...there used to be some good threads but it's now a wasteland of hundreds on unread threads

Why not turn them off?

PA needs to generate some income to cover running costs I'm fairly sure they buy the space, maybe????

I don't know about PA but on most sites this is not the case.

The posting bots ruined the news forum...there used to be some good threads but it's now a wasteland of hundreds on unread threads

Why not turn them off?

So I am not the only one.

But I don't think turning them off completely is the best way.

There are plenty of Firefox/Chrome add-ins to deal with things like this.

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held.

Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin.

Believe nothing just because someone else believes it.

Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true.

Archived