Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

BBC Bangkok Airport show

Timtong

just watched few episodes from that show and totally new info for me that some airlines wants to see your credit card what you used to pay your ticket?? 

Stupid question but why?? specially if they see you payed ur ticket from ur home country 2 way trip? they say its for protection but if you have documents and your credit card have lost or stolen they refuse the flight from you?? i really dont see the point of that even in security point of view if u payed ur trip from another name that is on your card maybe then u can make questions about it? 

Maybe you can just bring the credit card and stop worrying about it.

If you book with a travel agent then they never ask. Problem solved. 

Maybe you can just bring the credit card and stop worrying about it.

If you book with a travel agent then they never ask. Problem solved. 

i just say if the credit card is lost or stolen? i have no worries but in general aspect..

just watched few episodes from that show and totally new info for me that some airlines wants to see your credit card what you used to pay your ticket?? 

Stupid question but why?? specially if they see you payed ur ticket from ur home country 2 way trip? they say its for protection but if you have documents and your credit card have lost or stolen they refuse the flight from you?? i really dont see the point of that even in security point of view if u payed ur trip from another name that is on your card maybe then u can make questions about it? 

the ones being asked for the details on the program are the bozos who mostly through their own stupidity have missed their return flights and have had to buy another tkt with friends relatives help from elsewhere.

it often happens in the uk on the initial outward leg but not for the return.................but the tv dumb buffaloes are using new tkts

It is not just in Bangkok that they ask to see the credit card for a flight booked, I have been asked in Brisbane, Dublin, Singapore in addition to Bangkok.  It is just a normal part of security process for credit card booking and it does not happen on every booking!

I think theissue is that if someone does use your lost or stolen credit card to make a flight booking and you are refunded by the credit card company, it is then the airline who suffers the loss, hence their need to see the credit card!

A lot of cc & identity fraudsters buy/steal airline tickets as they are high value items which can be collected at the airport & don't have to be physically sent to the card holders address & don't raise as many flags as another high value purchase might.

I booked tickets for my parents for a domestic trip in India I had to given them a signed copy of my credit card as at the time of check in they were asked for a copy and also when you book online they do inform you about it

Live and learn i quess totally new info for me.

Any idea what happen if you loose ur card they not let you fly? How would one prove that you are card holder if its lost.

In second episode there was cute lady behind the counter :)

They asked to see my credit card used for booking. No problems. I was in a good mood as I had checked in online and skipped a massive fricking queue. On the return flight I was not asked for that. Thai air by the way.

Archived