Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Yorkshire vrs White Patong thoughts

hansumman

Hi last year we went to Phuket and i stayed in the White Patong have to say i was really impressed, great room, nice staff, girl friendly and cheap (1000 baht a night in July). Not to mention it is literally on Bangla road.

However a couple of days we headed across the road to the Yorkshire to use the pool and spa facilities an they were great, the accomodation was slighty a bit more expensive. Just wondering could anyone who has stayed in Yorkshire give me a bit of feedback, and weather or not you think its worth paying that bit extra each night?

to be honest I haven't stayed in the Yorkshire for a long time and the downstairs has been totally refurbished since then, but I believe the layout upstairs has remained the same (perhaps someone who stayed there more recently can confirm) if so the rooms are very small, and once I stayed in a back room and the view from my window was the wall of the building next door, that's the reason ive not stayed there anymore, lots of nicer room around.

The expensive rooms at Yorkshire are great, but the cheaper ones are terrible.

Total opposite sides of the spectrum, so to speak

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

room i stayed march 2014 was ok

not very big but was`nt in it that much, food ,pool and gym great would stay again

Good to hear @ white Patong is pretty decent as ive booked 3 night there in august as a bit of a change in between my months stay in pattaya.

Check out sira grande hotel, stayed there last week, great hotel and cheap

I'll be staying at the Yorkshire the weekend of the 16th. Never been there before. I chose it because of the location and gym.

BHP

You definitely can't falut the location BHP literally a 1 min walk to Bangla road! Pool is good to just never been in the rooms, some feed back after ur stay would be great thanks!

You definitely can't falut the location BHP literally a 1 min walk to Bangla road! Pool is good to just never been in the rooms, some feed back after ur stay would be great thanks!

Will do. Wheels up in 42 hours.

BHP

• 3 weeks later...

We have been stying at the Yorkshire hotel a few times, and have only good things to say about it. I know it's

not the cheapest hotel, but very good. We booked the XL Deluxe rooms.

I stayed at the Yorkshire May 16-18 (2 nights). Room was clean although a bit small with a strange open "closet" above the room safe. My window overlooked Soi Sansabai which was a little noisy in the wee hours. Bed was comfortable and the aircon worked very well. The gym is excellent, the staff was very friendly, and is situated very close to Bangla Road. I'd stay there again without hesitation assuming I had any Desire to return to Phuket.

That being said, I was not overly impressed with Patong Beach or the Bangla Road nightlife. Frankly, I've been to better beaches in Hawaii and Mexico. I concentrated on the beer bars, which weren't any better than what you can find in Pattaya. Average price for a beer was 80 baht, and I don't recall seeing any advertised happy hours as you will find elsewhere. I also took a trip over to Phuket Town which wasn't all that impressive either. In sum, Pattaya gets my vote over Phuket.

BHP

Thanks for getting back BHP will take all on board, I agree Pats gets my vote everyday over Phuket, but I still do enjoy the bars and clubs on bangla. Again thanks for the info

• 3 months later...

Check out sira grande hotel, stayed there last week, great hotel and cheap

Was sira grande girl friendly? Read somewhere they were asking 600 baht joiner fee!!

Have stayed at @white before. Ok rooms but fk me is it hard to sleep there. I should have known better given the location but wouldn't stay there again. Some of the more expensive rooms at Yorkshire look ok but I got put off by some comment by the hotel on Agoda saying not all rooms may have a window. wtf

If you want to stay on SanSabai I can recommend SeaCono. Nice rooms and they give you 4 towels a day, perfect for those who like to short time during the day and still want fresh towels for the evening conquest. :-) Rooms can be noisy there too but ask for a room not facing the soi, or on a high floor.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived