IGNORED

Scenery city hotel

kuteguy

I normally stay at bay breeze hotel but this time i got an inadequate room and they were fully booked otherwise so they were OK for me to leave after a day, eventhough i booked long term.

Next door is the new scenery hotel which were advertising rooms at 900 nett (with breakfast?) When they first opened, but now 1300 thb. Anyway they were able to match the same price as bay breeze for long term stay so.. Why not?! ;-) there is a balcony in the room but the balcony overlooks the roof of the house next door. I had viewed the room before committing.

Being new it has some great things - simple room, universal plugs, water jet in the toilet, good air conditioning, flat tv (32"?), big safe, magnetic key for entry, cool 'make up my room' 'do not disturb' signs, thick enough walls that i cannot hear any noise from anywhere outside. Nice take and chair if you want to use your laptop, etc .. First time i have seen a usable one. Location, ofcourse.

What i didn't like: only single curtains - i prefer double curtains - one to keep the sun out, one to let the sun in but give me privacy. The curtains are quite thick so no problems there; wifi slow and uses that system where you have to login everyday with the same login. Shower.. Very low! I need to bend to shower. It's not a bath tub shower thank God. Got charged 1000 thb cause my girl bled on them!! Fridge a bit too small. No bed side tables (definitely need these). Nice bed but it has a timber over hang all the way around - only a matter of time until i hit my shins on them. Thinking while doing it doggy style for sure. No remote control for a/c - only wall control. Bathroom/toilet a little on the smaller side but manageable.

Thanks for the review booked for a month from July 25th. Usually stay at view talay 6 but thought ill book this hotel this trip as I like the area and hotel is newish.

Thanks for the fine review. I looked at rooms there in February, and my take on the bed frame hanging out was the same as yours - I'm sure I'd ram my shin into it a few times during a month stay!  Also, the position of the pool was just silly; I cant describe it well, but I cant imagine using it.

However, overall a nice, new place, and priced well.

God just because of the slow internet i don't think i will ever stay here again!! Takes minutes just to load a single web page. Forget about doing anything on the internet besides checking the weather.

The shower drain clogged up on the second day. It was fixed promptly.

Another MAJOR thing missing.. MIRRORS. There are no mirrors in the room besides one basic one in the toilet. Don't know about you but more mirrors the better ;-)

Very honest and rounded review, overall scenery is a good option due to being new ,but the room lacks some major pieces that would enhance the guest experience by far. Still value for money if you can get a deal, I got 1100 baht for 10 nights.

I got 1000 thb/night (incl tax) for two weeks. I would think if you are staying a month or longer in Pattaya then you should not have to pay more than 500 thb/day + expenses like electricity in a very nice hotel. That is what Pattaya bay resort charges me for long stay, although there are many more options in Pattaya. Definitely wouldn't pay 1000thb/night for a month's stay.

The reception here take the girl's id cards and keep them while the girl is on-site, which is very important for me.

The hotel is also LB friendly.

They don't do laundry and i don't think they do breakfast, although they have a nice big cafe. The pool is definitely interestingly located. All non issues for me.

In the week i have been here, hardly seen anyone in the hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

I changed to Honey Inn just after a day at Scenary...lacked basic facilities..showers hardly had pressure...very slow internet...too many negatives

I'm staying in Scenery for 3 days now, and I haven't noticed either slow showers or slow internet. Yes, it's a very basic hotel, but works for me just fine.

Location is a) great and close to everything and b) quiet. 

Most kicks for me that it's new and relatively modern. Nice friendly staff.

Yes pool is more like a pond, but for $25 a night it's a great bargain if you are in town for a few days.

I'd recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm staying in Scenery for 3 days now, and I haven't noticed either slow showers or slow internet. Yes, it's a very basic hotel, but works for me just fine.

Location is a) great and close to everything and b) quiet. 

Most kicks for me that it's new and relatively modern. Nice friendly staff.

Yes pool is more like a pond, but for $25 a night it's a great bargain if you are in town for a few days.

I'd recommend it.

I think they have reduced rates...off season...I paid 1300 baht...in march

Archived