Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Are Border Runs Still Possible?

Sexyfarangman

NO 

he is NOT correct on all points .. 

after 60 days you have to go to Jomtien imigration and get it extended for 30 more days

NO.

You are NOT correct on all points either.

Excuse me just a moment.. Before I continue I just need to check I have all the correct words CAPITALISED for maximum humiliation purposes... Check 

Right then ..

You are incorrect.

One does not need to visit the Jomtien immigration office "after 60 days". One can attend immigration on any day during the 60 day (in this case) visa period to have an additional 30 days added on to the end, making a total of 90 days.

To think you have to leave this process right until the end is a fallacy. You can go on the day you first arrive if you so choose.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

One does not need to visit the Jomtien immigration office "after 60 days". One can attend immigration on any day during the 60 day (in this case) visa period to have an additional 30 days added on to the end, making a total of 90 days.

To think you have to leave this process right until the end is a fallacy. You can go on the day you first arrive if you so choose.

????

are you saying that I can get off the plane (or in my case just return from Laos with a dual entry visa)

and immediately go to Jomtien immigration and ask for the extra 30 days to be added on?

hmmmmm .. I live about 15 minutes from there and I will try that tomorrow and let you know how it goes :-) 

NO 

he is NOT correct on all points .. 

a Tourist Visa is only good for 60 days .. NOT 90

if you wait until 90 days you will be in for a HUGE SURPRISE at the border .. 

because you have overstayed your visa for 30 days

after 60 days you have to go to Jomtien imigration and get it extended for 30 more days

He is 100% correct in what he posted. He knows he has to extend for 30 days - that was well-established in Post #11. Read the thread before getting carried away with your caps lock.     :Think1:

filibuster's comment above, is that after 90 days you could enter Laos by land and simply return with no problem.

sorry .. i did not read "fillbuster's comment above"  (I did not bother to peruse the earlier posts ... all the way back to post 11 ..i guess.. and I would bet many people would not bother doing that either .. )

I was specifically referring to the statement " is that after 90 days you could enter Laos by land and simply return with no problem."

because if you wait 90 days before doing anything about your tourist visa you will be FUCKED ... LOL 

(using CAPS just for you fillbuster .. don't get carried away) 

sorry .. i did not read "fillbuster's comment above"  (I did not bother to peruse the earlier posts ... all the way back to post 11 ..i guess.. and I would bet many people would not bother doing that either .. )

I was specifically referring to the statement " is that after 90 days you could enter Laos by land and simply return with no problem."

because if you wait 90 days before doing anything about your tourist visa you will be FUCKED ... LOL 

(using CAPS just for you fillbuster .. don't get carried away) 

I think the context is that if you have a double entry visa, the re entering can be done immediately after 90 days (60 day visa and 30 day extension). Thus, you can get a total of 6 months. After the 6 months, you would have to go to the Thai consulate in Laos to get another 60 days, followed by another 30 day extension.

At any rate, the way I plan to do this when I retire will not require going to Laos for another visa. I will get a double entry visa allowing me 60 days. plus get a 30 day extension followed by a border run to Cambodia. I will return to the US where  I can repeat the double entry process. I don't plan on spending more than 4 or 5 months at a time in LOS.

No matter how many caps you post, his statement is still 100% correct - get over it!   :SoWhat1:

????

are you saying that I can get off the plane (or in my case just return from Laos with a dual entry visa)

and immediately go to Jomtien immigration and ask for the extra 30 days to be added on?

hmmmmm .. I live about 15 minutes from there and I will try that tomorrow and let you know how it goes :-) 

Yes.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

????

I did something similar last summer. I had a 60 day visa, so I went to the Jomtien office 45 days in. The 30 days I received were added to the 60, not the 45, giving me a total of 90 days.

I have found a service advertised that gives you a one-year visa. Multiple-entry, too. AND it allows you to get a Thai motorcycle license.

Anyone else found that on the internet? I thought it was worth it after the barf-inducing last border run with Mikah Schumacher at the wheel.

Hi guys I have a quick question.   I just spent 25 days in Thailand, left end of march and came back end of april.  I didn't get any visa prior to leaving, since I'm from the UK I simply got 30 days entry for tourist purposes when I arrived.  I had such a great time and rather unexpectedly met someone I really care about so I would now like to spend another month there, leaving within the next 6 weeks. My question is what arrangements do i need to make? Will I simply be able to get a 30 day tourist visa again or do I need to get a different kind before I leave?    

Hi guys I have a quick question.   I just spent 25 days in Thailand, left end of march and came back end of april.  I didn't get any visa prior to leaving, since I'm from the UK I simply got 30 days entry for tourist purposes when I arrived.  I had such a great time and rather unexpectedly met someone I really care about so I would now like to spend another month there, leaving within the next 6 weeks. My question is what arrangements do i need to make? Will I simply be able to get a 30 day tourist visa again or do I need to get a different kind before I leave?    

You can get another visa exempt entry providing your trip is 30 days or less and you have evidence of onward travel.

Thanks for the advice, I just wasn't certain if I could two 30 day tourist visa exemptions within such a short time frame, arriving in pattaya and being denied entry would suck!

• 3 weeks later...

Some places in Canada do courier-in passport/visa services that give you one year, where you just show up at the office every ninety days to get your stamp, but never have to leave the country.

I am NEVER Doing another border run. The driver evidently used to work at the Puke-A-Tron ride in the fair before he got the job of the last border run I will ever do. :D

I don't care if I intend to stay only two months. The total visa package is only 800 bucks or so. 

Some places in Canada do courier-in passport/visa services that give you one year, where you just show up at the office every ninety days to get your stamp, but never have to leave the country.

I am pretty sure this is illegal (at least here in Thailand) .. 

you MUST go to the border .. They take your picture with a little webcam each time .. 

If i want make an extension at the immigration in Jomtien do i need to bring some documents or only my passport?

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

If i want make an extension at the immigration in Jomtien do i need to bring some documents or only my passport?

Make sure that you also have two passport type photos and 1900 baht. My recollection is that the immigration office will provide you with anything else you need.

You need a copy of the details page and all relevant stamps from your passport and a completed TM.7.  Print it off back-to-back (as per the original form) and complete it beforehand to save time.

• 2 months later...

From stickmans.

But there was some good news on the visa front this week with a new visa announced.  While the details aren't yet known, the mainstream media reported that a new multiple-entry tourist visa would be launched.  I would expect it would allow permission to stay 60 days each time one enters the country.  Given the visa has a validity period of 6 months, I imagine it means someone holding this visa could essentially use it as a long-stay option and could stay in-country for 8 months - with a quick trip to the border and back every 60 days.  It may work out cheaper and easier for those who use double-entry tourist visa after double-entry tourist visa.  Perhaps best of all, it reverses the recent trend of tightening up on unmarried foreigners aged under 50 who wish to stay in Thailand long-term and sends a message that Thailand actually wants long-stay visitors.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

Just went to make a extension today very easy. Went to take the photo and they made all the paperwork for me. At the immigration it took no more than 15 min so no problems at all.

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

Archived