IGNORED

Queen Victoria Inn 2010-2013

PotentialExpat

I have stayed in a few different rooms at the Queen Vic over the years and thought I'd give some feedback on it.

Overall, it's a nice place to stay.  Like any hotel room it looks a little nicer in the pictures, but I never felt like there was a huge difference between the impression I got in the pictures and the impression I had when I walked in the room.  It's a decent enough place in a primo location as far as I'm concerned.

What I like best about it is that it's on Soi 6, where I do most of my mongering anyway.  I can use the ST rooms onsite when a girl catches my eye on the street and not have to worry about any drama or theft or anything else like that in my room.  I like having my room separate from my mongering when it makes sense so I don't have to worry about putting everything of value on a cable lock or in the safe.  

Internet (possibly wired and wifi) and a safe come with every room.  It was on the slower side each time I've used it, but since you probably aren't doing much more than checking email when you're in the monger capital of the world it's fine.  The wired connection was definitely faster when I had a room with a wired connection.  In fairness to them it's probably better now.

While it's a little more expensive than other ways to get to Pattaya from BKK, I've used their shuttle service and it was always there waiting for me.  If you want to know your ride will be waiting for you and not deal with a bus or a regular taxi ride, I think the convenience is worth a few extra baht.  They picked me up in a minivan, so if you're going with buds it may be cheaper to pile in if they don't charge per head.  I never asked.

I stopped in for their Sunday English Roast, which I believe has been renamed Sunday Carvery.  When I had it it was very much a traditional English roast and everything you could ask for to go with it.  The English guys seemed to love it.  It's fine for what it is, but there's only so much you can do with a roast in my book.  Seeing as you're already in Thailand I think you're better off going to town on some phet mak mak chu chee fish, but to each his own.  It's a good value for money, but I think a bit of a waste of stomach space in Pattaya, arguably the best city in the world to eat (unless you're in Hong Kong with an unlimited budget, HK wins).  Up to you.

Stayed at the VC in either 2010 or 2011 (I'm getting old). I really enjoyed it. My room was good sized, clean, and had a window overlooking Soi 6. The pub/restaurant downstairs was nice, but I didn't spend much time there. You're smack dab in the middle of party central, but it was also easy to catch a baht bus down to Walking Street. I don't remember what I paid, but it was in the "slow season" so it couldn't have been too much. I'd recommend it to anyone.

BHP

Nice feedback, thanks. Im staying there myself in 3 weeks so interesting to hear your views

only issue is their shifts.

the girls working the bar etc, 1 shift very good, friendly, the other quite miserable lot.

:-)

I was going to stay there but he wanted the full amount prepaid which only a real numpty would do so no sale. 

Good restaurant, quiet, good A/C, decent music and no girls to harangue you.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at Queen Vic's 3 times 2007, 2008, 2009. Each time the rooms were nice for the price. The food was great and being right on Soi 6 was a great extra. If you can handle the bars music very late when you might be sleeping then I strongly recommend giving that place a try.

The Handsum Chocolate Man!

• 2 months later...

Can't wait to try it.

Xmas New Years.

Love it.

Tigers 2017 premiers 

Archived