IGNORED

How do BA compare to the 2 big Arab Airlines Ethiad and Emirates?

tobeornottobe

I specifically asking about economy class?And from those of you that travel from Ireland what route do you prefer between the 2? I say 2 because the route ethiad/emirates take is quite similar?

British airways doesnt compare with them..not in the same league imo, and as you cant go direct, which would be a reason to go from mainland uk I wouldnt consider ba

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

As the two previous post advised BA's service is very poor and the staff have an attitude problem as they treat you as though they are doing you a favour. I personally find Qatar better than both Ethiad and Emirates with Eva my first choice if you have the option of using them.

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

As the two previous post advised BA's service is very poor and the staff have an attitude problem as they treat you as though they are doing you a favour. I personally find Qatar better than both Ethiad and Emirates with Eva my first choice if you have the option of using them.

I think the OP is trying to do one stop from Dublin - hence the choices don't include Qatar (at the moment).

This question is coming up a lot. BA are awful. However they are direct from LHR and have some good sale prices ATM so maybe worth a punt if you are a tolerant person!

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

With one stop from Dublin, assuming decent connection times:

1. Emirates

2. KLM, Swiss, Lufthansa, Etihad, Turkish

7. BA, Air France.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Finnair are another option these days , would these be recommended

Finnair – Flight 930 (economy)
Operated by Flybe 3h 00m 09:50 Fri, 28 Aug DUB Dublin, Ireland   14:50 Fri, 28 Aug HEL Helsinki, Finland   Embraer 190 (Narrow-body Jet)   |  3h 00m   |  3 seats remain Change planes HEL Helsinki, Finland
2h 20m
Finnair – Flight 89 (economy) 10h 05m 17:10 Fri, 28 Aug HEL Helsinki, Finland   07:15 Sat, 29 Aug BKK Bangkok, Thailand  

BA do the job best for me at the moment.

Have flown Air France & KLM and they are of full of haughty French & Dutch who are fussy, irritable travellers. Plus the planes are always stuffed to the gills as they oversell to compensate for no-shows and cancellations.

Etihad / Emirates are not an option for me as the halfway stop in the desert breaks the comatose state needed to make it to BKK (or back).

The Asian airlines like China Airlines and Thai do long haul to BKK but when you look them up you find there are some safety issues.

Yes the cabin crew on BA are older, but perfectly nice and helpful. Never experienced any rudeness as somebody said above. Needing to see young Asian totty cabin staff is not an issue for me as I am knocked out by Xanax for most of the flight.

The BA times suit me and they don't do the overselling trick; you are more likely to end up with a free seat beside you, and their safety record is good.

So BA are the best all rounder.

Ba on offer £474 from London currently many online Agents

Ba on offer £474 from London currently many online Agents

But for what dates?  Not for July or August, I imagine.......?

Archived