Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Page 10 or Areca Lodge

raju570

Ok Guys, everything booked apart from the hotel.

I wanted to stay at Page 10 and a friend wants Areca Lodge, you are the experts out there, can you advise on which is better and if they had the choice where they would stay?

Thanks in advance and happy mongering

Those 2 are pretty close to each other, if you guys are not planning on sharing a room i would just book on separate hotels.

I have been to neither, but Page 10 looks better for me and is closer to the beach.

It's been a few years but I've stayed in both. They are both good hotels with great locations and I think you'll be happy no matter which one you choose.

One factor you might look at is how much time do you want to spend at the pool during the day time?? If pool time is important to you then go with Acrea they have a big full service pool areas, more of resort feel to it.

Flip a coin. They both have advantages and disadvantages, it would be impossible to tell you which one to go for.

Anyway, do you really have to choose? Why not go for half the time at Page 10 and half at Areca? They're close enough that you can just roll any bags from one to the other on change day, and there are many beer bars inbetween where you can spend the time from 12 to 14 (checkout and checkin) :wink:

thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Those 2 are pretty close to each other, if you guys are not planning on sharing a room i would just book on separate hotels.

I have been to neither, but page 10 looks better for me and is closer to the beach.

Beach  :Disease1:

Stayed at Areca several trips never at Page 10 so cannot compare, Areca has great facilities but 17 trips in I am not disciplined enough with the distractions of Pattaya to take full advantage and also it was becoming a very much "resort" hotel on my last stay. I have now found a great guest house costing less than half the price, new well run exceptionally friendly and clean, I also personally find as I tend towards BG's they are less intimidated or have less "expectation's" than when I stayed in places like Areca.

Beach  :Disease1:

Closer to the beach????? What beach, ko larn? Phuket? Ko Chang? We're you referring to pattaya beach?

Sorry, should have said close too beach road..

I have never gone and never will go to this dirty pattaya beach.

But i do like walking around beach road though.

On soi 10. (A little more towards Second Road than Beach Road.)

Are there any discount codes for Page 10 atm?

Treat and respect others as you yourself would like to be treated.

Are there any discount codes for page 10 atm?

I did see 30% off on Agoda for the dates i was looking at. 52usd per night.

I always find good deals using this site.

hotelscombined.com

I'd say anywhere between 5-10 minutes, depending on how much you want to drag your feet and how daring you want to be while crossing Second Road. Or more like 2 minutes if you enlist the services of the bike taxi guys, of course.

Was there a couple of years ago, nice hotel with good staff and the rooftop pool was also nice. However, back then wifi was useless on the higher floors, it only worked in the lobby/restaurant. But obviously that could have bee taken care of by now... although, being Thailand, there are no guarantees.

I haven't stayed at either, but 24 7 hotel takes some beating on price, quality and location.

Page 10 is a shit hotel dark unfriendly and rubbish breakfast IMO ........just compare the pool area at each hotel for some R&R ....Acrea would get my vote

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed at Areca several trips never at Page 10 so cannot compare, Areca has great facilities but 17 trips in I am not disciplined enough with the distractions of Pattaya to take full advantage and also it was becoming a very much "resort" hotel on my last stay. I have now found a great guest house costing less than half the price, new well run exceptionally friendly and clean, I also personally find as I tend towards BG's they are less intimidated or have less "expectation's" than when I stayed in places like Areca.

Can you post more info about the guest house? Does it have good internet?

lol ...

had an in depth discussion about this with some fellow BM's...

as its my first trip...

and fell back on my normal reasoning ...

when in doubt ...

do both :) 

Archived