Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ice Hockey World Cup - The biggest sporting event of the year 2015 in the Czech Republic.

THAJEC

Friends, hockey madness in the Czech Republic starts tomorrow ie 1.st May 2015 !!!
Hockey championship will be attended by top sixteen teams of the World.

Czech Republic, United States of America, Canada, Russia, Sweden, Germany, Latvia, Switzerland, Finland, Norway, Slovakia, Austria, Slovenia, France, Belarus and Denmark.

If you do not enjoy a great hockey fan atmosphere directly in the stadium or in full restaurants with great taste of  beer, I hope you'll be able to watch all matches on television.

World Cup ends on May 17 and the final game is already sold 80% of all tickets for the championship. I hope our boys will get one of the medals.

Below foto championship logos and mascots BOB and BOBEK.

Only one bad news at the end, prices for whores to rise and will undoubtedly be higher.  :GrinNod1:

bob a bobek.jpg

logo hokeje.jpg

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Loved watching the Czech and Russian teams going toe to toe with each other in the 70 's and 80 ' s .

No love lost there .

Mikeyboy

Loved watching the Czech and Russian teams going toe to toe with each other in the 70 's and 80 ' s .

No love lost there .

Mikeyboy

:HaHaHa1: Yes political perspective is always brought even more spice to the mutual matches. I think it still exists, but not in such intensityIt's still just a sport, but of course the political and national rivalries penetrates inside willy-nilly, and can not be avoided.

The first results of today's afternoon matches.

USA - Finland 5:1

Canada - Latvia 6:1

I still think these games comes too often ( every year ).

Too bad finland lost but its text book finland going to face USA again and win ;)

I know few finland bars shows the games but usually with very bad picture from internet.

Any idea if there is sports bar in pattaya that shows hockey and these games?

Or have really good feed tips from internet

I still think these games comes too often ( every year ).

Too bad finland lost but its text book finland going to face USA again and win ;)

I know few finland bars shows the games but usually with very bad picture from internet.

Any idea if there is Sports bar in pattaya that shows hockey and these games?

Or have really good feed tips from internet

You can try Finland bar on soi 8. 

For me, surprisingly experienced Finnish team full of big stars was not enough for the relatively young well-skating and hockey predatory American hockey players. Finland has with America very poor mutual balance of recent matches.

On the other hand, the first matches in the group stage so far does not solve anything, and the rest of the championship can be completely different.

Evening match results.

Russia - Norway 6:2

Czech  - Sweden 5:6 (on raids) in normal playing time and after extra time. 5:5

Very nice hockey with the deployment of both teams.

You can try Finland bar on soi 8. 

For me, surprisingly experienced Finnish team full of big stars was not enough for the relatively young well-skating and hockey predatory American hockey players. Finland has with America very poor mutual balance of recent matches.

On the other hand, the first matches in the group stage so far does not solve anything, and the rest of the championship can be completely different.

Evening match results.

Russia - Norway 6:2

Czech  - Sweden 5:6 (on raids) in normal playing time and after extra time. 5:5

Very nice hockey with the deployment of both teams.

i think smiler´s have the same issue about good quality picture just like any other bar, well there is some feed that is ok picture.

Finland have a habit beeing on top 4 and i expect them to be there now too, all tho pretty good teams this year on many country well see in weeks time how things going to go :)

Good luck anyway to Czech Republic maybe we see on the finals! ;)

Well, at least Denmark is still undefeated :GoldenSmile1:

:LOL2: Let's see how long it will last tomorrow after midday match with Slovakia.

i think smiler´s have the same issue about good quality picture just like any other bar, well there is some feed that is ok picture.

Finland have a habit beeing on top 4 and i expect them to be there now too, all tho pretty good teams this year on many country well see in weeks time how things going to go :)

Good luck anyway to Czech Republic maybe we see on the finals! ;)

Yes, so many teams are very balanced and world champion can become any of them. Thanks and also good luck for The Finnish team 

Other match results May 2

Switzerland - Austria  3:4  (after raid)

Denmark - Slovakia    3:4  (after raid)

Both matches were also very balanced according to the results to themselves raids.

Other match results May 2. 

Switzerland - Austria  3:4  (after raid)

Denmark - Slovakia    3:4  (after raid)

Both matches were also very balanced according to the results to themselves raids.

What mean?

What mean?

Austria and Slovakia won after a penalty shootout.

What mean?

The Czech's are still getting bombed.lolol.

No,of course thajec is correct..I think.

Go Canada.Crosby now with ours,huge addition.

If ifs and buts were crackers and nuts,it would be Christmas all year long.

So easily you forget what outstanding hockey players your birth country produced.

World records[edit]

Australia previously held the distinction of holding a world record for most goals and highest winning margin in a IIHF World Championship game; they defeated New Zealand by a score of 58–0 in 1987, breaking the record held by Canada (47 goals) since 1949. However this was surpassed in 2008 by the Slovakian women's team (82 goals).

So easily you forget what outstanding hockey players your birth country produced.

World records[edit][/size]

Australia previously held the distinction of holding a world record for most goals and highest winning margin in a IIHF World Championship game; they defeated New Zealand by a score of 58–0 in 1987, breaking the record held by Canada (47 goals) since 1949. However this was surpassed in 2008 by the Slovakian women's team (82 goals).

If the Aussies had a team in,I would definitely watch them.Be fun.

Shame that Australia doesn't have more ice.I have always thought that if the NHL played a couple of games in Australia,the Aussies would love it.

Great game.Best game I've ever played.Fast,fun,lots of contact.Awesome.

Yes Canada has a dream team and we will see what happens on Monday. Crosby is a superclass and Mr hockey player.

France - Germany 1:2
USA - Norway 2:1
Belarus - Slovenia 4:2
Czech -Latvia 4:2

11 A 3 Mai, Sun 12:15 GMT+2 PRE O2 Arena AUT AUT.png1-6SWE.png SWE 12 B 3 Mai, Sun 12:15 GMT+2 PRE CEZ Arena RUS RUS.png5-3SLO.png SLO 13 A 3 Mai, Sun 16:15 GMT+2 PRE O2 Arena CAN CAN.png10-0GER.png GER 14 B 3 Mai, Sun 16:15 GMT+2 PRE CEZ Arena BLR BLR.png1-2SVK.png SVK 15 A 3 Mai, Sun 20:15 GMT+2 PRE O2 Arena FRA FRA.png1-3SUI.png SUI 16 B 3 Mai, Sun 20:15 GMT+2 PRE CEZ Arena DEN DEN.png0-3FIN.png FIN 17 A 4 Mai, Mon 16:15 GMT+2 PRE O2 Arena  

sorry just update copy paste but see scores  :GoldenSmile1:

• 2 weeks later...

Austria and Slovenia teams relegated to a lower division B competition

Slovakia, Germany, Latvia, France, Norway and Denmark teams go home.

Tonight will decide the quarterfinal opponents.

Team advanced to the quarterfinals: Czech, Canada, Switzerland, Finland, Sweden, USA, Belarus and Russia. 

Quarterfinal match: 

Russia-Sweden

Canada-Belarus

Czech-Finland

USA-Switzerland

Finns have a great goal-keeper and defense game. It will be a very difficult match.  :GoldenSmile1:

Good luck see you on Quarterfinals  :GoldenSmile1:

If you are Finnish, it is certain that in the final, unfortunately we see. :hello09: Good luck to all teams. Already in the quarterfinals, no weak opponents.

Thanks for the updates, Thajec. I've only seen one of the games so far, but I'll try to catch the semi's and final this weekend. I enjoy watching hockey and this time of year I'm always following the Stanley Cup. My team didn't make the playoffs, but I just saw Montreal get eliminated by Tampa Bay, so I'm feeling better :)

Thanks for the updates, Thajec. I've only seen one of the games so far, but I'll try to catch the semi's and final this weekend. I enjoy watching hockey and this time of year I'm always following the Stanley Cup. My team didn't make the playoffs, but I just saw Montreal get eliminated by Tampa Bay, so I'm feeling better :)

Same.lol.

Archived