IGNORED

View Talay condos

dvate

Hi BMs ,

I've got a minimum 2 weeks stay coming up and wondering if there are any recent views and opinions on staying here versus a hotel. I have read a lot of threads and people seem to generally recommend VT6 as a great place to stay. Specifically:

- gym and pool standards.

- cleaning services - can I still get my room cleaned daily at a condo

- noise levels. Are these condos basically unrestricted in terms of guest behaviour, parties etc

Any other general comments or advice welcome.

I'm looking at hotels at the upper end of the price range as an alternative to this.

Thanks

Haven't stayed there for a few years but i don't think they have a gym there.

Regardless though the rooms are much better value than high end hotels in my opinion

Recently stayed in VT6 for a 2 week stay after reading so many positive reviews. Booked through Honeys on the 23rd floor. Cleaning included. 2000p/n

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/264267-post-your-vt6-review-and-pics-here/

I moved to a hotel after 4 days. It wasn't for me for the following reasons:

Felt like hospital ward walking in.

Coming home drunk it is a long arse walk to get in from BR side.

Rooms individually owned so furnished differently. 

No black out curtains

I like the hotel style places like LK Empress. Beach front apartments at a little more cost. I actually moved to The Scenery City hotel Soi 11 and enjoyed it there but it is new and basic. 1200p/n

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Recently stayed in VT6 for a 2 week stay after reading so many positive reviews. Booked through Honeys on the 23rd floor. Cleaning included. 2000p/n

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/264267-post-your-vt6-review-and-pics-here/

I moved to a hotel after 4 days. It wasn't for me for the following reasons:

Felt like hospital ward walking in.

Coming home drunk it is a long arse walk to get in from BR side.

Rooms individually owned so furnished differently. 

No black out curtains

I like the hotel style places like LK Empress. Beach front apartments at a little more cost. I actually moved to The Scenery City Hotel Soi 11 and enjoyed it there but it is new and basic. 1200p/n

Thanks for this, exactly the type of info I'm after. Possibly not deal breakers but something to consider for sure.

Cheers

I should have searched for VT6 not 'View Talay', much more accurate results. 

edit: in fact, its safe to say I now have a heap more info that before, enough to convince me to look elsewhere.

Thank You 

I'm in VT6 at the moment. 2nd apartment this trip and both have had blackout curtains.

The pool is clean but IMO having no parasols and mattresses for sun beds lets it down.

Stayed on 16th and 27th floors so very quiet. 

If there is a gym its well hidden.

Ladyboy in ground floor (3rd floor) massage shop makes me nervous. 

Stayed here many times, and there is no gym there, but the pool is the best one for laps i have seen in Pattaya and clean and well maintained (towels have to be brought from the condo), can just be very cold, no cushions for the loungers, but think you can hire some from the shops on the ground floor and you can normally find a little shade somewhere.

Corridors are a bit bland and hopital like but not that bad.  To me its only a couple of minutes walk from either beach road or second road to the enterance, no worse or better then many other hotels.

Cleaning will either come with the rooom or you can arrange it from many of the laundries on the ground floor.

Noise you can be lucky it depends on what work is being done in the condo's near to you have had it a couple of times where its been bad from 09:00 till 17:00 they are normally dont go on later then this.  Not heard much from other residents and no worse then hotels and better then others.  There are two sides Hilton facing and Walking Street facing Hilton side you won't have a great view and a litle bit of noise from the ventilation from central and Hilton.  The Walking Street side at the moment is good nice view and quiet but be aware there are plans to build a big hotel on the plot next door, last i heard was due to start June

There are a couple of restaurants, minimarts, messageshops and laundries on the 3rd floor, so no need to carry stuff in or out.  Honeys does great coffee and snacks.  There are 3 lifts so most of time no long wait.

Security are friendly, but do seem to go missing at times, sometimes they enforce taking any 'guests' id overnight sometimes not, you can always steer them that way if you want them to.  No phone call on leaving if you want the extra security.

For me its the location, central to everything and the pool that sells it for me.

I stayed at VT6 last year and I'm staying there again this year. Renting thru Honey's.

I'm staying for a month so I'm getting the monthly rates which makes it a good deal compared to a hotel. If I was staying a couple of weeks and was comparing it to the higher end hotels, I would probably go with the hotel. You'll pay more in the hotel, but then you get all amenities of a hotel which you don't really get with a condo.

My room was quiet last year, but I've heard complaints of construction noise in neighboring condos being a problem sometimes as mentioned above.

I personally love VT6 for the location and the anonymity you get by staying there.  As someone pointed out, the units are privately owned, so there is no standardization in terms of the quality of features and furnishings.  So it's important to ask specific questions about the unit being offered, and to rent from an agent who will respond clearly and accurately without getting impatient with you for asking.  I've always had success with Dancewatchers and W-Asia, and I hear very good things about Honey Coffee Shop.  Just be sure to ask them about the things that are important to you.  For me, first and foremost, the bedroom has to have a high quality large-sized mattress, so I explicitly ask them to describe the bed and won't rent the unit if the question is avoided or the answer is ambivalent. Another thing to ensure is that someone will be available at your arrival time, particularly if arriving outside of daytime hours.

It's a lot of process to go through vs. staying in a hotel where you know the standard, but for me personally the virtues for outweigh these things.

LM

I always stay there and love it.  Not sure why people get put off by the corridors.  I prefer the atmosphere there over any hotel I ever stayed at.  It is casual and has virtually everything you need (except gym).  After a week you will know all the massage girls, shop girls, security guys and the coffee shop staff so it is very pleasant if you like to stop and chat. The access to beach road, second road and Central Fesitval is perfect. Wish I was there now.

PS. I book through Dancewatchers.

2000 seems very pricey for VT 6.

Why? Because it costs more than a guest house??? Checkout the room and view pictures cc

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I didn't think it was pricey at all. It was on the the 23rd floor on the walking side so the view was fantastic at during the time I went I searched for several months before making a decision. I love the location so I only look for accommodation around that area.

I do see the the positives with staying there and if I was staying for a longer period it would be more than ideal.  They do fantastic coffee.....

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Why? Because it costs more than a guest house??? Checkout the room and view pictures cc

Traditionally, these rooms have gone for about 1000 - 1200 per night and 30K for a month, according to a number of posts by BMs on this forum.

Traditionally, these rooms have gone for about 1000 - 1200 per night and 30K for a month, according to a number of posts by BMs on this forum.

not many rooms for 1000-1200 - unless they are low floor with a view of Central Festival car park and the sounds of the screeching tyres

Depending on season and length of stay and floor and quality of room- but lets discuss 1-2 weeks - anywhere between - 1350 - 2000 - some charge for cleaning on top - its really up to the individual to negotiate - but there are rooms that are more expensive - Jasmina and DW mainly

As for month long stay the people that pay 30k (in most cases) will be paying for utilities and cleaning on top

I tend to negotiate for 18-20th floor WS side - 35k all in including cleaning 3 times a week - I tip my cleaner around - 1000 baht over the trip and she unpacks and packs my cases as well - I also leave her all my change and 7-11 food and drinks

Thats the bottom end of the scale

Archived