DUB21:25

18hrs 40min 2 stops View Flight Details

Etihad Airways EY403 / EY17 / EY7943

Some segments are operated by other carriers

Economy class

Average flight price per person

(includes €352.69 taxes and fees)

€936.69

Under 1000 euro for good connections with Emirates?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Have you found BA a lot cheaper?

Nice find, may have to look into flying from Dublin in future. Cheap enough for a return bus but fuck coukd I be arsed with an extra two hours travelling on the way back lol

Btw BA are crap, seats are cramped and airstaff are miserable as sin. I flew with them in October and because I couldn't find decent priced flights Ihad to go with them again as the times and price suited me :/

I flew to Florida in January with BA on their 777. It was ok, I would fly with them if they were one of the cheapest but they are not my carrier of choice

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

i could have got ba for £501 flying may 22 but reviews were shocking so decided qatar air £414 and good stop over times ,if you want direct i prefer eva 

Nice find, may have to look into flying from Dublin in future. Cheap enough for a return bus but fuck coukd I be arsed with an extra two hours travelling on the way back lol

Btw BA are crap, seats are cramped and airstaff are miserable as sin. I flew with them in October and because I couldn't find decent priced flights Ihad to go with them again as the times and price suited me :/

BA are 31" now on their 777 no matter what seat guru may or may not say.  If you are anything over 5 foot 9 ish you're gonna be cramped in for 11/12 hours

BA are 31" now on their 777 no matter what seat guru may or may not say. If you are anything over 5 foot 9 ish you're gonna be cramped in for 11/12 hours

I'm 5 4 and felt incredibly cramped, worse when.the dickhead in front puts his seat right back.

Pros and cons of direct flights I'm afraid. Being a northerner, our choice it a bit simpler. Go via Middle East. Breaks it up and avoids the crampt seating.

The old euro airlines have a lot to catch up on.

i dont know, but any cheap carriers out of dublin somewhere , like rya.air, easyjet,

maybe can find flight to germany, prague vienna, swiss, then find direct flight or cheaper flights from there.

i recently flew ryanair Ostrava czech republic to london stansted for 21pounds return!

if you have time, see which major airports can get to, then check all those flights.

UK to vienna probably 2hours, and direct flight to bkk., or i also saw some flights with swiss air seemed ok pricewise.

Prefer direct and will therefore choose thai/ eva/ BA unless the gulf lot are at least £150 cheaper, to pay as much or more for an emirates/ etihad/ quater/ gulf/ kuwait (done them all) is madness.

every time you land there are chances of delays and the gulf has big fog problems.

BA is OK, good timings, terminal 5 is better than adequate, seats are adequate, drinks plentiful, snacks down the back generous, food edible (just), seat back entertainment ok-ish.

Biggest problem is that pricing is sharp enough (and air miles popular enough) to mean most flights pretty full and as always the biggest danger is the antisocial arseholes around you.

Bit boring but recommend BA at those prices.

I flew with BA from Shannon via LHR last Xmas. I paid the extra £50 for the extra legroom seats as I didnt want to chance it at the airport that they were booked out, and IMO they were worth it. Had a couple of hours to kill in Terminal 5, which was beacuse I was coming from Shannon rather than Dublin, so had a few ales :)

Watched 2 movies, I think they had a decent selection, ate the meal provided, nothing wrong with it, drank 3 wines, and popped 2 sleeping tabs, and I was out like a light, was woken up for breakfast. I much prefer the longer flights rather than breaking them up like Etihad.

I'm just back from LOS and flew Etihad but am shattered at the moment. Slept on the 2nd leg home but not on the first.

Starting looking for flights with BA for September and can get them at €603 from Dublin which is very good

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Im looking for flights in July and BA are coming up the cheapest and have good connecting times coming from Dublin,i flew with them to Bangkok about 8 years ago on a 747 but now i understand they use a 777 with 3-3-3 seating,my questions are has anyone flown this route LHR-BKK recently? would you recommend it? what's the inflight entertainment/food like? and do you have to pay for seat selection?

Thanks  :GoldenSmile1:

IFE? dont know it wasn't working last time!

Food? Not bad quality for economy but tiny portions.

Paid seat selection? Yes, £23 EACH WAY unless you leave it until check-in (24 hours before departure) in which case its free.

Only book BA as last option, they are truely the worst airline I have ever flown.

A lot depends on if you get a 777-200 or 777-300. The 200s are very old and falling apart and have tiny (about 6") IFE screens. The 300s are newer and have better IFE screens.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Thanks to everyone for their replies,i think the general opinion is BA are the cheapest for a reason and you get what you pay for,i might just chance them as its saving nearly €200 and has the shortest flight times from Dublin.

Thanks to everyone for their replies,i think the general opinion is BA are the cheapest for a reason and you get what you pay for,i might just chance them as its saving nearly €200 and has the shortest flight times from Dublin.

One thing you can be sure of is they wont be skimping on maintenance etc...

I have flown with BA before, found them grand

Archived