Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

British Airways - updated info

Chris P Bacon

Im looking for flights in July and BA are coming up the cheapest and have good connecting times coming from Dublin,i flew with them to Bangkok about 8 years ago on a 747 but now i understand they use a 777 with 3-3-3 seating,my questions are has anyone flown this route LHR-BKK recently? would you recommend it? what's the inflight entertainment/food like? and do you have to pay for seat selection?

Thanks  :GoldenSmile1:

Im looking for flights in July and BA are coming up the cheapest and have good connecting times coming from Dublin,i flew with them to Bangkok about 8 years ago on a 747 but now i understand they use a 777 with 3-3-3 seating,my questions are has anyone flown this route LHR-BKK recently? would you recommend it? what's the inflight entertainment/food like? and do you have to pay for seat selection?

Haven't used them but many people have asked before and everybody said they was crap,only good if you are going businesses class,only what i heard.

Haven't used them but many people have asked before and everybody said they was crap,only good if you are going businesses class,only what i heard.

Yeah that seems to be what everyone is saying in all the threads i found,i was hoping someone had a good experience that would and help me make up my mind 

Yeah that seems to be what everyone is saying in all the threads i found,i was hoping someone had a good experience that would and help me make up my mind

For the sake of a few extra quid i would go with the tired and tested

For the sake of a few extra quid i would go with the tired and tested

Thats true and i have flown with Etihad the last 4 years without any problems but this trip in July was a bit unexpected and Etihad prices are nearly €1200 when BA are €855 plus BA is a shorter flight 

Thats true and i have flown with Etihad the last 4 years without any problems but this trip in July was a bit unexpected and Etihad prices are nearly €1200 when BA are €855 plus BA is a shorter flight

Where you looking for flights,skyscanner I find best

BA are just getting worse, the new chief exec is taking it the way of easy jet, just done in blue. The crew on long haul are the longer serving ones that have the contracts that Ba want to get rid off so they have almost no care how the passengers feel or how they are serviced. I can tolerate it for up to 2 hours but the thought of a flight to BKK would make me want to miss the flight

I haven't flown with them for several years but I've not heard any reports that make me want to try them again.

I assume your flying into LHR to get the BA flight, certainly they are running far cheaper than EVA but if you can stretch to them it really is a comfortable seat in economy, good food and nice hostesses.

Hopefully someone on here has flown this route very recently and can give you the low down, maybe they have improved and seats are more spacious and comfortable + better food + they may have got rid of the elderly, surly dogs......sorry hostesses.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Where you looking for flights,skyscanner I find best

Ive been looking at skycanner,kayak and all the usual sites but they all have flights with crazy long layovers coming back,BA is 15 hours from Dublin on the way over and roughly the same return.

I haven't flown with them for several years but I've not heard any reports that make me want to try them again.

I assume your flying into LHR to get the BA flight, certainly they are running far cheaper than EVA but if you can stretch to them it really is a comfortable seat in economy, good food and nice hostesses.

Hopefully someone on here has flown this route very recently and can give you the low down, maybe they have improved and seats are more spacious and comfortable + better food + they may have got rid of the elderly, surly dogs......sorry hostesses.

Yeah its DUB-LHR-BKK ,to be honest im dont really care about the hostess i usually just keep to myself and watch films for most of the flight so all im really looking for is good IFE and edible food with a comfortable enough seat 

Can't get flights from Dublin to bangkok,missing London?tried flying to Holland then bangkok?

Yeah its DUB-LHR-BKK ,to be honest im dont really care about the hostess i usually just keep to myself and watch films for most of the flight so all im really looking for is good IFE and edible food with a comfortable enough seat

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/entertainment/in-flight-entertainment

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Can't get flights from Dublin to bangkok,missing London?tried flying to Holland then bangkok?

Unfortunately there is not direct flight from Dublin to Bangkok yet ,yeah ive tried most of the major cities in Europe and they are all over €1000 ,my dates are fixed and i can't change them due to work if i could i would go mid week and its cheaper but i have to fly on a Friday.

Unfortunately there is not direct flight from Dublin to Bangkok yet ,yeah ive tried most of the major cities in Europe and they are all over €1000 ,my dates are fixed and i can't change them due to work if i could i would go mid week and its cheaper but i have to fly on a Friday.

Hold on for a bit then,I booked my flight couple of weeks ago for£568 and2 weeks before i go it drops by £100.Might be worth to wait

What dates you looking to go?

Have you checked prices for KLM? I've switched to them out of Dub.

BM mcginley was asking similar questions as he booked BA for DUB-BKK for this month.

I guess he's flown by now so try sending a message - if he survived the flights :-)

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Hold on for a bit then,I booked my flight couple of weeks ago for£568 and2 weeks before i go it drops by £100.Might be worth to wait

What dates you looking to go?

Yeah i wont be booking it for 2 weeks anyway just started this thread to test the water with BA ,im flying on July 17th and return August 2nd

Have you checked prices for KLM? I've switched to them out of Dub.

I've tried them and its over €1000 too unfortunately 

BM mcginley was asking similar questions as he booked BA for DUB-BKK for this month.

I guess he's flown by now so try sending a message - if he survived the flights :-)

Thanks ill try find him 

I usually fly into LHR then Thai Airways.

If you book in Advance the flight to the UK is usually reasonable.

fred..

Emirates not fly that way?

They sure do but BA are still about €200 cheaper than them 

Don't know what your dates are? Every Friday in July I put DUB-BKK in Expedia with a two week stay and I get Emirates & Etihad much cheaper than BA?????

Under 800 euro.

They sure do but BA are still about €200 cheaper than them

dont use BA personally, Im happy with Emirates, but certainly alot of postings over the last year or so show alot trying to avoid BA.

Don't know what your dates are? Every Friday in July I put DUB-BKK in Expedia with a two week stay and I get Emirates & Etihad much cheaper than BA?????

Under 800 euro.

Im departing July 17th and return August 2nd,those flights are cheaper because its a 27hr stopover coming back 

i checked emirates and strangely july is more expensive than june and august.

unsure why.

i fly prague to dubai, to thailand usually around 500~600 Euro

Under 1000 euro for good connections with Emirates?

image.jpg

Have you found BA a lot cheaper?

Under 1000 euro for good connections with Emirates?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Have you found BA a lot cheaper?

Thanks yeah actually now with Emirates its €950 and BA €825 ,i think i will pay the extra and go with Emirates 

Archived