IGNORED

NHS Charge of UK Visas

neil123

I have not seen anything on here, regarding the new NHS Immigration charge, so this is a simplified version. On all Visa for the UK except visitors visas, So leave to remain, further leave to remain, etc. Before you apply for a visa, you have to register on the UK Gov site, where after you pay, a £200 per year surcharge, So most spouse visa,s are for a 21/2 year period, you will have to pay £500, then you will recieve a registration number, that you must put on the front page of your visa application, before you submit.  This charge even applys if you are already in the UK and want to extend your visa further.

My wife has just completed her leave to remain visa, which expires in June, We have to apply for  further leave to remain, for another period of 2/1/2 years, following the 5 year route. Even though she is working paying Tax and National Insurance Contributions, along with my self, we still have it to pay, even for her son who is 13. So this further leave to remain application will cost me £1000 health surcharge, and £1000 for visa.

In reality my wife and I are paying to subsidise all the lazy, unemployed english people who dont want to work, for further information follow the link

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application/overv

absolutely right you should pay. why should she get our healthcare for free? 

she isn't subsidising anybody with her few years worth of tax and NI.  

Makes a change from everyone complaining about how hard Thailand makes it to stay here I suppose.

What a load of Shite, I have paid Tax & NI for 35 years, I think I have paid enough to cover a wife, , what about the fat lazy bastards who havent worked all their life, who are getting it all for nothing, If my wife as paid Tax and NI and somebody hasnt and recieving treatment for free, then we are subsidising them

Just a thought, with what you are paying for the visa and NHS, why not go down the road of British Citizenship.

Just a thought, with what you are paying for the visa and NHS, why not go down the road of British Citizenship.

You cant bobby, they have to be here for 5 years now, before they can get British Citizenship, this was changed from 2 years in 2013, The goverment are panicking about the the unrest of the country about immigration, but rather than concentrate on the real problem all the EU immigration millions from Poland, Bulgaria etc, which they cant do anything about, they are targeting the easy option, making it more difficult and expensive for non EU immigration

You seem to believe immigrants should have the same rights & entitlements as people born in the UK ??

What a load of Shite, I have paid Tax & NI for 35 years, I think I have paid enough to cover a wife, , what about the fat lazy bastards who havent worked all their life, who are getting it all for nothing, If my wife as paid Tax and NI and somebody hasnt and recieving treatment for free, then we are subsidising them

Off topic,  but if above  is your perception of own society I'll say it's time for a change

Everyone wants to vote UKIP because of immigration, so people can't moan when the present gov does something about it, problem is there are so many bogus "wifes" coming over just to have kids that cost the tax payer for years, I am sure genuine cases will be dealt with

Bloody immigrants, come over ere and expect everything to be handed to them on a plate!

Vote UKIP!

Agreed.

I'm going through it now difference is I haven't got her a leave to remain visa yet as I can't show the financial requirement because I lived in Thailand for so long, Fucking ridiculous as I've been married 12 years.

I'm going for carers allowance now as I'm looking after my Mum, if I get that then I don't have to show financial back up.

:)

You are joking surely?

You seem to believe immigrants should have the same rights & entitlements as people born in the UK ??

Immigrants? Its his wife!

Bloody immigrants, come over ere and expect everything to be handed to them on a plate!

Vote UKIP!

Don't like a lot of things in the UK but sod UKIP.

I have not seen anything on here, regarding the new NHS Immigration charge, so this is a simplified version. On all Visa for the UK except visitors visas, So leave to remain, further leave to remain, etc. Before you apply for a visa, you have to register on the UK Gov site, where after you pay, a £200 per year surcharge, So most spouse visa,s are for a 21/2 year period, you will have to pay £500, then you will recieve a registration number, that you must put on the front page of your visa application, before you submit.  This charge even applys if you are already in the UK and want to extend your visa further.

My wife has just completed her leave to remain visa, which expires in June, We have to apply for  further leave to remain, for another period of 2/1/2 years, following the 5 year route. Even though she is working paying Tax and National Insurance Contributions, along with my self, we still have it to pay, even for her son who is 13. So this further leave to remain application will cost me £1000 health surcharge, and £1000 for visa.

In reality my wife and I are paying to subsidise all the lazy, unemployed english people who dont want to work, for further information follow the link

I've just had a look and it says for indefinite leave to remain then you don't have to pay.

There are some skinny cnuts as well.   :Think1:

Yeh you've paid - so go right ahead. your wife has spent her life in a different country and contributed zilch to the uk so far.

Her son - i assume he is in private school? Otherwise who is paying for that too? Gonna be a while before we see any tax and NI from him.

I don't see what the unemployed have to do with foreign nationals. Anyway, I imagine unemployed thai people still get to use their free medical care.

Expecting everything to be handed to you .....doesn't that make you the same as these 'fat lazy bastards' ??

I for one will be looking to get as much as I can out of the government for her when she's back here.

I see lots of other people poncing (UK and non UK) whilst contributing nothing so why not.

Seems fair to me. So your wife has paid a minimal amount of NI, her son nothing and both are covered for unlimited expenses on the NHS. Bargain in my eyes.

I would add though that for free unlimited NHS £200 a year isn't bad at all.

If I could only get a fucking visa for the wife I'd gladly pay it.

I'm more pissed off at the EEC shit and the asylum seekers.

If I'd of let her overstay I would of had more chances of getting her benefits etc but I don't want hand outs but doing it the right way hasn't done us any favours so if I can use the system a bit to get the visa then I will.

Vote UKIP!

My wife came to England after we were married, she was entitled to NHS care but never actually used it.  From day one she had a job, paid tax and NI contributions for all the time she was in UK.  I have paid both tax and NI for forty years in UK, never been unemployed or drawn any other benefits from the system except treatment on NHS.  Now I have emigrated to live in her country and my UK pension has been frozen at its starting rate for life.  I think that the UK got a very good deal out of my wife and myself, nothing ever handed to us on a plate!!! 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neil

My wife and daughter are also following the 5 year route as yourself. Their visas are due to be renewed in Jan 16. Like your wife, she is working, paying tax and NI.

As you have just completed your application, would you be able to send links to forms required, as UK Visa site is just so bloody confusing.

I am a bit shocked at another ruse to get more money from decent people trying to abide by the rules, not just arrive on a vistors visa and go missing.

Thanks in anticipation of your help

Hopefully Britain will get to fuck out of my country so my wife doesnt have to pay this £500.

What country do you live in ? 

And on the sixth day God Created Bobby Moore

My wife came to England after we were married, she was entitled to NHS care but never actually used it.  From day one she had a job, paid tax and NI contributions for all the time she was in UK.  I have paid both tax and NI for forty years in UK, never been unemployed or drawn any other benefits from the system except treatment on NHS.  Now I have emigrated to live in her country and my UK pension has been frozen at its starting rate for life.  I think that the UK got a very good deal out of my wife and myself, nothing ever handed to us on a plate!!! 

Check the batteries in your sarcasm detector.

Hi Neil

My wife and daughter are also following the 5 year route as yourself. Their visas are due to be renewed in Jan 16. Like your wife, she is working, paying tax and NI.

As you have just completed your application, would you be able to send links to forms required, as UK Visa site is just so bloody confusing.

I am a bit shocked at another ruse to get more money from decent people trying to abide by the rules, not just arrive on a vistors visa and go missing.

Thanks in anticipation of your help

Just go to the you gov site, there's no application you just have to register online, you need there passport no,s, if you search for immigration NHS charge it will take you there, I made a mistake, there visa is not due until xmes, but have paid it anyway saves me paying it together with, the visa fees. Also been looking at the site, and believe they can apply for naturalization after 3 years, something about marrying a British citizen, I am phoning immigration tomorrow, regarding if she can still use her A1 English test for the re-application, because they expire after 2 years, again this is another issue you can't find a reasonable answer to.

Once you register, they will give you a number, which you put on the application form when you apply, you have to pay for this before you apply for the visa

I would add though that for free unlimited NHS £200 a year isn't bad at all.

If I could only get a fucking visa for the wife I'd gladly pay it.

I'm more pissed off at the EEC shit and the asylum seekers.

If I'd of let her overstay I would of had more chances of getting her benefits etc but I don't want hand outs but doing it the right way hasn't done us any favours so if I can use the system a bit to get the visa then I will.

Worse thing is if you are from the EU, and have a non EU wife or bring a non EU wife to live here, you don't have to pay the charge, don't need to prove any income and don't pay for visa, UK government are screwing us silly, and it's only going to get worse, roll on 4 years when I become an expat

Yeh you've paid - so go right ahead. your wife has spent her life in a different country and contributed zilch to the uk so far.

Her son - i assume he is in private school? Otherwise who is paying for that too? Gonna be a while before we see any tax and NI from him.

I don't see what the unemployed have to do with foreign nationals. Anyway, I imagine unemployed thai people still get to use their free medical care.

Expecting everything to be handed to you .....doesn't that make you the same as these 'fat lazy bastards' ??

I have neighbors even relatives that haven't paid a dime in tax or national insurance, who get paid by the government, get free everything, how many insurance policies you know that you have to pay for 5 years before you can claim, ok my wife has only paid 2/12 years, which is 21/2 years more than 50% of the estate where I live. I have paid 35 years, so together at least we have paid something, nothing has ever been handed to me on a plate.

Archived