IGNORED

Cheap BA business class fares ex Germany to Hong Kong (£780)

smiler

Cheap BA business class fares ex Germany to Hong Kong (£780) - with stopovers possible, eg in Bangkok. OK, it's a bit complicated if you're travelling from the UK, but it is an astonishing price.

Full details here:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2015/04/25/cheap-british-airways-tickets-hong-kong/

I've just booked mine via Expedia HK, I'm guessing these will sell pretty quickly.

Just checking it now...seems to work! Brilliant prices!

(Trouble is don't live in Germany) 

Trying to figure out how to do the stopovers/trip to BKK? And how could you get out in London and not end up back in Germany?

Edit - Do you book a long stopover in London and then not get your return to Germany?

RAZZ

One catch is you need to get a cheapo flight to germany to catch the flight back to the uk.

You can insert the bangkok stopover using the multiple cities option on expedia.

You don't have to use the final segment to germany, unless you do this a lot of times and upset BA's revenue protection people. Book the final segment from lcy or lgw to prevent your bags being sent to germany!

Seems to work - two stopovers - Smiler - did you get yours to work going to Bangkok? How much was that?

Get a single flight to Germany say on on Easyjet for a weekend. "Start" your holiday to Hong Kong.

Get off in London for your "stopover". 3 months later continue your trip to Hong Kong.

Return. Get off for another stopover in London. 

Either "miss" your return to Germany or go for another weekend away.

Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 12.30.36.png

Just got it to work - 5 flights business class £1k!

Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 13.11.35.png

My brain hurts!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

[seems to work - two stopovers - Smiler - did you get yours to work going to Bangkok? How much was that?]

Our posts crossed, I booked Bangkok as a first stopover (for two months) between London and Hong Kong - total HK$12 870.

[Return. Get off for another stopover in London. Either "miss" your return to Germany or go for another weekend away]

Yep, I went for another weekend in Germany (or book the last leg for next year in the hope of starting a new ex-Germany trip next year. Or just miss the last trip, but if you book it for the same day as your return from Asia, book it out of a different London airport so your bags don't get checked through to Germany.

[My brain hurts!]

I said it was complicated!

Lol yep it is! 

Very good deal though. Qatar Business is 2 for one at £3.2 total. (Which isn't 2-for-1 at all - as you can get a business class return flight for £1.8 therefore should be £1.8 for two!!!)

Or £482 Direct on Thai - not seen it that low for years!:

http://www.westeasttravel.com/

RAZZ

Had to have a look at this myself, what a great bit of detective work, managed to get the price to £1225. Admittedly you have to go through a few hoops, but the bottom line is Business class ( I ) LHR-BKK-HKG-LHR plus a couple of days in Germany either end. That is really a big saving on what you would normally pay. 

If you're in Germany it is a very low fare. It would probably be worth the extra legs to LHR and HKG.

Not sure it's really worth it from the UK though. By the time you add on the cost of the flights to and from Germany and possibly hotel costs to make connections then you may as well book the KLM/China Airlines flights that have been showing at £1250-£1450 regularly over the last few months. Can be even cheaper from CWL and other regional airports than from LHR.

It's showing at around £1400 now even for stays over Xmas and New Year when direct flights from LHR (and even good indirect) are £2500+++++

Amazing price, looks like Hong Kong will be the place to be this summer :)

Only thing is, from the website above "These seem to be a booking error and DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE RING THE VENDOR OR AIRLINE!" - airlines IME tend to frown on pricing errors and rarely honour them.

Amazing price, looks like Hong Kong will be the place to be this summer :)

Only thing is, from the website above "These seem to be a booking error and DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE RING THE VENDOR OR AIRLINE!" - airlines IME tend to frown on pricing errors and rarely honour them.

Dunno if it's an error or not.

But if you turn up with a booking surely they will honour it?

Not a million miles away from price wise from "normal" - if you use the HK site BA economy was coming in around £500. I wonder if the Expedia HK site is only cheap for flights to Hk (didnt it say less tax?)

Will have a play and see if hotels are cheaper in HK too.

EDIT - this thread is on the BA deal...gonna have a read now.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1674665-ba-txl-hkg-rt-j-1-106eur.html

RAZZ

Dunno if it's an error or not.

But if you turn up with a booking surely they will honour it?

I think if it was a mistake they'd most likely cancel the booking and refund your money well before the flight date.

That's a bloody good deal - if I travelled with anyone!

Even found Xmas for around £1000 each - if you fly out Dec 8 and return before New Year!

Yes great prices once again, think if you look at the flights there is a 7 hr plus stopover on one leg, the plus side is you will be in the business class lounge. 

• 2 months later...

Archived