IGNORED

Guest House Availability During Peak Months

Muffinaders

Is it still possible to find a guesthouse in pattaya without any prior booking during January? I'm thinking about staying at Clean Guest House but on Agoda it states that there are only 2 rooms left even though it is several months away and I'm wondering if that is the case with all surrounding accomodation.

Many of the smaller guesthouses will have regular customers who usually stay there & book a long time in advance, therefore do fill up a long time in advance.

I always book rooms in advance, no matter what time of year I go.

Not booking a room in advance just seems bizarre to me, I like to know I've got somewhere decent to stay when I arrive.

As for hotel booking websites stating just 1 room left, try booking the last room & then go back onto the website :), yes, they will still have 1 room left available to book.

Thanks for the insight guys, 

As for hotel booking websites stating just 1 room left, try booking the last room & then go back onto the website :), yes, they will still have 1 room left available to book.

This confirmed my speculations as I went back to the booking website and it said that someone had booked a room 4 hours ago while there were still 2 rooms available.

As mentioned before, guest houses will have their regulars booking a year in advance, better the devil you know I guess, I would recommend booking as early as you can...I had guys turning up last year 3 weeks before Christmas struggling to find rooms because they thought it wouldn't be a problem, I had all rooms booked for the 3 months prior, no idea what they done, also if a place can see that you're desperate your price will almost certainly go up.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Archived