Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
rick379

penang

rick379

I'm going to penang for the first time ever in January 2016 and am hoping for some advice on a good place to stay close to street foods and maybe Chinatown or not sure where to stay there.. like the rate to be around $50 dollars America in a night or less as long as it's a clean safe place.. thank you for any tips

boxershrimp

Only place I've stayed in Penang was more of a homestay, by the name of My Chew Jetty Vacation Home (just search for it on Agoda). Bloody great. Do consider doing that kind of thing, there are more like it around there, and it was a very nice neighbourhood. (The rest of Penang was kind of dead, maybe I was there at the wrong time?)

altec123

Definitely do your research before you book.  I had to make a quick trip there a couple of years ago to get my Thai business visa.  Booked a place on Expedia that was sort of close to the Thai Consulate. What a frigging dump.  Area dead, they had a brothel attached to the hotel with some nasty looking girls in it.  On top of that the frigging place was next to a mosque and I woke up to morning prayers.  Changed my flight and came home a day early.

On a positive note Penang is general was beautiful

rick379

Thanks for the heads up.. I would like to be close to good food night market and things going on. I plan on staying a couple nights and will have my girl with me so don't need p4p type action. Just good couples fun and food.. any hotel advice is appreciated