IGNORED

Baywalk Residence or Soi 13?

TaffBill

Hi all I was wondering If anyone has stayed at the Baywalk Residence recentley?

Just spotted a good deal on there for the end of June and was thinking of moving round there from my regular choice of the Inn House on Soi 13.

I stayed there about 3 years ago and I liked it but it was expensive then.

I've read that the WiFi is bad there. Any info please?

Also anyone recomend a hotel in Soi 13 around the 1.000 to 1.500 Baht range? I've stayed in the Soi now for the last 4 trips but the rock hard bed in the Inn House is finaly getting to me  :SoWhat1:   So anywhere with a softer bed would be nice   :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers all

I stayed at the BR two years ago after a hellish 6 hour min-bus ride from Koh Chang. But that's another story . . . .

My room at BR was nice and the internet was good, as I recall. In fact, I was able to work on-line. However, I have also read recent reports that the Wifi connection at BR is now spotty, at best. Still, the location is hard to beat if you can get a decent rate. ($41/night on Agoda for May arrival).

BHP

I stayed at the BR two years ago after a hellish 6 hour min-bus ride from Koh Chang. But that's another story . . . .

My room at BR was nice and the internet was good, as I recall. In fact, I was able to work on-line. However, I have also read recent reports that the Wifi connection at BR is now spotty, at best. Still, the location is hard to beat if you can get a decent rate. ($41/night on Agoda for May arrival).

BHP

Thanks for your reply BHP.

I'm still looking at other Soi 13 hotels at the moment with BR in reserve  :)

I have stayed at BR about 6 times in the past 4 yrs. l stayed there twice last year and on each occasion I have had a great time. I would suggest you ask the guys at the reception for a router for the Internet - that definitely made a huge difference for me.

The only other place I know that is nice around that area is Whitehouse condotel but they charge extra for a second lady. BR on the other hand is a mongers paradise lol. J

Great breakfast and it does seem that they have a great deal going on. But I wanted to try Areca Lodge for the first time - read so many great review about this place. J

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

I have stayed at BR about 6 times in the past 4 yrs. l stayed there twice last year and on each occasion I have had a great time. I would suggest you ask the guys at the reception for a router for the Internet - that definitely made a huge difference for me.

The only other place I know that is nice around that area is Whitehouse condotel but they charge extra for a second lady. BR on the other hand is a mongers paradise lol. J

Great breakfast and it does seem that they have a great deal going on. But I wanted to try Areca lodge for the first time - read so many great review about this place. J

Areca is nice, great pools. Decent food in restaurant but they are a bit to much admin for me. If the wife's sister visits i need to come to reception to sign paper about extra guest bla bla

Not got charged though

Sounds like Page 10. But it should be fun . I got a good deal and it was a toss up between page 10 and areca. Areca won due to the lenient cancellation policy.

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Hi all I was wondering If anyone has stayed at the Baywalk Residence recentley?

Just spotted a good deal on there for the end of June and was thinking of moving round there from my regular choice of the Inn House on Soi 13.

I stayed there about 3 years ago and I liked it but it was expensive then.

I've read that the WiFi is bad there. Any info please?

Also anyone recomend a hotel in Soi 13 around the 1.000 to 1.500 Baht range? I've stayed in the Soi now for the last 4 trips but the rock hard bed in the Inn House is finaly getting to me  :SoWhat1:   So anywhere with a softer bed would be nice   :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers all

Personally I think Soi 13 is one of the best places to stay as it is so centrally located and also quiet. I also have stayed at Inn House on several occasions and found the WIFI quite good. They have raised their prices so its not such a deal as it use to be.

Other places on the Soi beside Whitehouse are Lek hotel, Sandy Springs and Haven. I am not sure of the cost or WIFI but I think Lek would be the cheapest.

Sounds like page 10. But it should be fun . I got a good deal and it was a toss up between page 10 and areca. Areca won due to the lenient cancellation policy.

I think you will like Areca JABL, I know I have when I stayed there. If you want to bypass the front desk for any reason just enter the hotel area from the back entrance off Soi 15 behind "The Avenue". If you are awake before 1000 they have a nice breakfast buffet that is usually included with the room cost.

I think you will like Areca JABL, I know I have when I stayed there. If you want to bypass the front desk for any reason just enter the hotel area from the back entrance off Soi 15 behind "The Avenue". If you are awake before 1000 they have a nice breakfast buffet that is usually included with the room cost.

Am always to late for breaky

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

When I stayed at baywalk breakfast started at about 7am. So it was quite easy for me - most times I was just getting back to the hotel after spending my night in ibar then JP bar. Lol.

I reckon Areca would probably be the same .. But again I could mistaken then I would try to set my alarm for 10 am.

I had breakfast only once at Page 10 but that wasn't a big deal because it was not included with the room - had to pay an extra 200 baht.

But to the OP I am sure he would love baywalk -well placed between Walking Street, beach road and LK Metro and only a baht bus away from Soi 6.

And if he is adventurous enough ,there is a cute ladyboy working in a bar at the back entrance of baywalk residence.

There are also guys selling fake watches and bags just next door to the main entrance -just ask any of the guys working the doors at baywalk

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Areca Lodge is awesome .. Ive stayed there plenty of times ... 2 pools both are great ... wifi was a bit slow at times ... if your room is near a router its

not too bad.. Location is great ..  2 min walk to LK Metro .. 5 min to Mikes Shopping  and close to soi Honey if you are into massage scene !!!

ENJOY !!!

Personally I think Soi 13 is one of the best places to stay as it is so centrally located and also quiet. I also have stayed at Inn House on several occasions and found the WIFI quite good. They have raised their prices so its not such a deal as it use to be.

Other places on the Soi beside Whitehouse are Lek Hotel, Sandy Springs and Haven. I am not sure of the cost or WIFI but I think Lek would be the cheapest.

Thanks for the info simguy. Soi 13 is my preferred choice because of the reasons you said. I also like eating in the restaurants there as well.

I'm just moving out of the Inn House because I  just can't handle the hard beds anymore   :SoWhat1:

This thread is more of a search for a softer bed in that area I think   :GoldenSmile1:

When I stayed at baywalk breakfast started at about 7am. So it was quite easy for me - most times I was just getting back to the hotel after spending my night in ibar then JP bar. Lol.

I reckon Areca would probably be the same .. But again I could mistaken then I would try to set my alarm for 10 am.

I had breakfast only once at page 10 but that wasn't a big deal because it was not included with the room - had to pay an extra 200 baht.

But to the OP I am sure he would love baywalk -well placed between walking street, beach road and lk metro and only a baht bus away from soi 6.

And if he is adventurous enough ,there is a cute ladyboy working in a bar at the back entrance of baywalk residence.

There are also guys selling fake watches and bags just next door to the main entrance -just ask any of the guys working the doors at baywalk

Great info thanks JABL.

I have stayed at the Baywalk before and liked it but it was about 3 years ago. Just looking for some up to date info.

I'm pretty much a late, late guy like you as well. Might have sat by you in the JP bar once or twice  :)

I don't wear a watch but I do buy a decent fake from time to time and normally just give it away when I get home   :Think1:

I normally stay at Whitehouse Condotel on Soi 13, a friend stayed at Inn House last January, didnt get very good reviews from him. Stayed at Baywalk also last year, quite good. If Soi 13 would suggest Whitehouse otherwise Baywalk. Just booked Baywalk for 6 days, going in June. The countdown is on.....59 days to go....lol

how's the aircon in the bigger room (deluxe?) ?  A mate told me its not that cold.

I remember the AC breaking down in my room once,I just informed the staff and they got if fixed...

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Sandy Springs is good. I have since upgraded to more expensive but Soi 13 is the best location IMO. Taste of Thailand the best place to eat.

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Natural Beach on Beach Road next to Soi 11. Baan Sila is part of same, slight higher price

Thanks all. I decided to stay put in Soi 13 but change to the Whitehouse Condotel for £26 a night. Bit more expensive but have heard good reports.

Just back having stayed in Whitehouse for 2 weeks, room 302. It was decent. The bed was comfy, not too hard or soft, AC worked very well as did the WIFI.

Inclusive breakfast was a little limited in that you only got 2 eggs and some bacon, toast and tea/coffee. No sausage/beans/hash browns but then I only made brekkie 4 times :)

I'd stay there again. I think I paid €40 for the night but thats because exchange is chit at the moment.

The only gripe (very small) I'd have is the doors are lock and key operated rather than key cards (can be little noisey listening to doors being opened in the wee hours), and the room safe was of the non digital face + turn lock variety, rather than enter the 4 digit code and open seseme. Housekeeping weren't too noisey either if I recall, and always said Good Morning :)

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Sandy springs is ok, maybe ask staff for a look at rooms. One of the ppl i am with said their bed was too hard so the staff came and replaced it with a softer one.

If you go there for more then a couple days sign up as vip, u get a good discount

Archived