IGNORED

Tourist sim or standard sim?

exercise

When I arrived in January I bought this AIS 123 sim and kept it until i left, the 14feb. Still have the card and everything, even the original box/folder. 

I'm coming this June again. Can I recharg it or is it too late? If it's possible, is it cheaper to recharge it or should I just get a new one? 

Dont care about calling whatsoever, only looking for data plans. 

It depends on the expiration date of the balance you had when you left.

It is my understanding that the card will remain valid at least 3 months after the credit expired, though any credit would be forfeited,

Check with AIS on arrival and in worst case it will cost you an extra 50 baht for a new card/number

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you add time just topped it off? I did similar at 7-11 for 200 baht and only recieved another month. I originally had the tourist sim.

Here is a phone screen shot from when I extended the validity of such Happy card in January :

post-243-0-43512700-1424933722.png

I had already a 3-months validity, and with 18 baht I got a 1-year validity.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on a normal DTAC SIM. I usually add on a daily Internet plan. On my last trip in end March, I used the 12 baht per day plan with unlimited Facebook, LINE and WhatsApp + 150mb (http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Social-Unlimited-package.html).

I top it up using the white standalone machines outside some Family Marts (no service fee) or the orange ones outside some 7/11s (minimum 2 baht service fee). Each topup on these machine usually gives me 3 additional months' validity on the number, up to a year.

attachicon.gifprovider.png

hi, i land in bangkok 23rd june, will be staying for 14 nights in pattaya, can you tell me if i could get one of these plans at a 7/11? and i will be bringing an old iphone4 with me. would i be able to put the sim into that? or would it work in any phone?

hi, i land in bangkok 23rd june, will be staying for 14 nights in pattaya, can you tell me if i could get one of these plans at a 7/11? and i will be bringing an old iphone4 with me. would i be able to put the sim into that? or would it work in any phone?

Most painless option would be the 599 baht Tourist SIM (http://store.dtac.co.th/en/happytouristsim), which gives 15 days of unlimited Internet. You don't have to buy it online. You can get one at the DTAC shop in the Arrivals hall after immigration and customs at Suvarnabhumi Airport. AIS and Truemove probably have a 15-day option too but I couldn't find it on their websites.

I usually visit Thailand 3-4 times a year and prefer to keep the same number. So I had bought a standard DTAC SIM at a 7/11 (49 baht) last year. Now before every trip, I have a look on DTAC's website, find a suitable add-on Internet plan and note down the keycode to dial.

Anyway, with the Thai SIM card registration going on, I'm not 100% sure you can still get the SIMs at 7/11s. My next trip is in a week, I'll have a look.

If you're bringing an iPhone 4, make sure you buy a Micro-SIM card and you should be good to go.

Mobile - iPhone SIM.jpg

What is the best aim for a 4 days trip ? , do we have sim shops in Don Muang airport too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea how to top up my True Move card.

I purchased it at 7/11 but I didn't understand what the Thai cashier was saying. The instructions on the receipt are in Thai. The english instructions on the pamplet direct me to the website which won't accept any of my credit cards.

If I go back to the 7/11 for help they'll tell me instructions in impossible to understand Thaiglish again.

I should have worked harder to learn Thai before I got here, lol!

I purchased it at 7/11 but I didn't understand what the Thai cashier was saying. The instructions on the receipt are in Thai. The english instructions on the pamplet direct me to the website which won't accept any of my credit cards.

If I go back to the 7/11 for help they'll tell me instructions in impossible to understand Thaiglish again.

Help is available in English for all three major carriers and for many features aside from top-up

Mobile Phones & SIM Cards in Thailand

mobile_top-up_02.png

Read the fucking forum.   :Think1:  Tourist SIM Packages - May 2015

Why so adverse?

90% of all questions asked have probably been answered before.

Before anyone ask, what is the real price for the baht bus?

CIMG4821.JPG

Read the fucking forum.   :Think1:  Tourist SIM Packages - May 2015

Who the fuck appointed you the PA police?

(Can't wait for the response. A dose of your own medicine can taste awful sometimes.)

You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

Does anyone know if the DTAC Happy Tourist card operates on 4G? Only mentions 3G on their network. I'm a heavy data user and need the speed for work.

You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

Who the fuck appointed you the PA police?

(Can't wait for the response. A dose of your own medicine can taste awful sometimes.)

I'm just saying, if he had bothered to take ten seconds to look at this section of the forum prior to asking the question, my thread listing the current SIM packages on offer was right near the top.   :Dunno:  I put in the effort upon arriving at BKK to get the current SIM packages and pricing specifically for the benefit of board members looking for this often-asked information, and then the question still gets asked?  I was annoyed and a bit hung over when I responded a bit sharply I admit, but for goodness sake - at the moment it made me feel as if the effort I went into trying to do a good deed was wasted.  :(

Does anyone know if the DTAC Happy Tourist card operates on 4G? Only mentions 3G on their network. I'm a heavy data user and need the speed for work.

Using a DTAC Happy Tourist SIM in Pattaya right now on 4G.

I assume they only mention 3G in general advertising because that's what they can reliably offer in other areas, where the 4G infrastructure hasn't been built out yet.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/4g/

Use the drop-down menu on the map and select Chon Buri (Pattaya) and you can see where the local 4G coverage is.

I've got to meet up with you blokes honestly, it's always a crack up following these posts !

Just do it like the Russians. Look at the cahier with big eyes then hold your phone up, point to it and hand it over to the cashier. Maybe ad "you do". If you are not Russian you may also say please and smile. Problem solved. Most 7/11 have a little machine now anyway where they will ask you to key in your phone number and you will get your credit directly credited to your phone. You do not know your phone nomber? Just hand it over to the cashier and she/he will do the rest.

I'm just saying, if he had bothered to take ten seconds to look at this section of the forum prior to asking the question, my thread listing the current SIM packages on offer was right near the top. :Dunno: I put in the effort upon arriving at BKK to get the current SIM packages and pricing specifically for the benefit of board members looking for this often-asked information, and then the question still gets asked? I was annoyed and a bit hung over when I responded a bit sharply I admit, but for goodness sake - at the moment it made me feel as if the effort I went into trying to do a good deed was wasted. :(

Using a DTAC Happy Tourist SIM in Pattaya right now on 4G.

I assume they only mention 3G in general advertising because that's what they can reliably offer in other areas, where the 4G infrastructure hasn't been built out yet.

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/4g/

Use the drop-down menu on the map and select Chon Buri (Pattaya) and you can see where the local 4G coverage is.

Hello Sick Water buffalo

I read your post already ,it was useful but I am looking for the sim availability in Don Muang airport

I try to look at the pamphlet you posted but it is barley visible to read

I just posted a qn for help , I am sure it may have posted many time by others in this or other forums.

you are trying to help the members by sharing information but a polite response is much appreciated

Thank you Sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to look at the pamphlet you posted but it is barley visible to read

Click on the image and it should expand into a wider view. Here it is again:

IMG_0153.JPG

Got the tourist dtac 30day light user card myself last Wednesday and yes operates on 4g

What do you recommend for a 14-day stay where calls will be a minimum and data a heavy must have?

• 3 weeks later...

Easy as...  Just enter your number on the front page of this site and follow the steps.   Assuming you have a credit / debit card.

• 4 weeks later...

After reading this thread and the Options you posted SWB, Thank you by the way for taking the time to post all this. Ill be there for 18days. im just going to get the 30day package for 849Baht. i could do the 15day package for 599B and then the 7day for 299B but honestly i just want to be done with it for my stay.

www.thaibeautydating.com

Thailand's Fastest growing Dating website

Archived