IGNORED

Bus or shuttle service to Siem Reap from Pattaya

angrycanuck

Hi. Would like to know if anyone knows of a reliable and affordable shuttle or bus server that can take me from Pattaya right into Siem Reap. I plan on going to Cambodia for a few days in November and would like to drive from Pattaya into Cambodia rather than have to go back to Bangkok in order to catch a flight. Also don't want to pay a small fortune for the service as well. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Some years ago I did the same trip. It may need clarifying on Google but if memory serves I took a bus to Pailin crossed into Cambodia and picked up a taxi to battembang. Stayed overnight there then got a ferry to Siem reap

A further taxi is required from the ferry

Some great scenery, but I'd fly next time!

Thanks for the info, looks like flying is probably what I'll end up doing. 

As far as I know, you can not pass the border with your car. Bike is allowed, but not car.

Yellow Bus goes from Pattaya to Aranyaprathet and then you can get a moto to the border crossing.  Mini-buses go direct to the border but are uncomfortable.  If you can cross the border by mid-day, there are buses to Siem Reap.  Otherwise a shared taxi would be $20 or so.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

• 3 weeks later...

Flying is the best way to go.  Takes a lot of the hassle out of the trip.

If you do a search I've put up links to a company that does a minibus to the border and a bus the other side. Unfortunately one member has tried this service and didn't recommended it.

It appears to be quite easy from Bangkok but I'm not so sure from Pattaya.

I'm surprised that they appear to allow RHD buses into LHD Cambodia though.   :68:

Bus , once and never again . Flying it is . 

It appears to be quite easy from Bangkok but I'm not so sure from Pattaya.

I'm surprised that they appear to allow RHD buses into LHD Cambodia though. :68:

Pretty sure they don't allow buses through the border. There is always a change of bus after doing immigration AFAIK.

If it is an interesting journey that you are after then the early train from Bangkok gets you to the border in time to get across and make it to Siem Reap.

Pretty sure they don't allow buses through the border. There is always a change of bus after doing immigration AFAIK.

If it is an interesting journey that you are after then the early train from Bangkok gets you to the border in time to get across and make it to Siem Reap.

In the second link given above it very clearly describes how you luggage stays on the bus as you pass through....even suggests that you can too if you pay 900 baht to an agent to process your passport.....no fingerprinting there I guess?

As I said...I was surprised.

In the second link given above it very clearly describes how you luggage stays on the bus as you pass through....even suggests that you can too if you pay 900 baht to an agent to process your passport.....no fingerprinting there I guess?

As I said...I was surprised.

I'm surprised too.

took a taxi from pattaya to poipet, then another from the hub they take you to after going through the border.

coming back, took a late night bus that I ended up sitting on for hours while waiting for the border to open, then a mini bus to pattaya that I had to wait another 2-3 hours for, that made maybe 100 stops on the way to Pattaya as it wound through the countryside... all I remember of that last leg was the mosquitoes were horrific, ever time we stopped they filled up the minibus, and I got dirty looks from the monks for swatting at them...  let's see, the bus left Siem Reap about 1am, I finally made it back to Pattaya around 4pm I think...  definitely not a wise use of vacation time in my opinion.  cost about 10 bucks total... only good thing about it!

I would not recommend my route, and I will without a doubt fly anytime I wish to go to Siem Reap or PP in the future...

Where does the train stop at which town on the border?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Poipet, I think... pretty sure...

Poipet, I think... pretty sure...

Train runs from Bangkok to Aranyaprathet and Poipet is the town on the Cambodian side of the border.

Leaves 5:55 am and arrives 11:35 am, third class only, 48 baht for the trip. 

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Aranyaprathet

Not ideal when starting the journey from Pattaya but an option if you have the night before in Bangkok.

I have flown, taken an "inclusive" minibus service from Pattaya, and the bus. The bus is by far the best way.

The minibus service is sold by some travel agents in Pattaya and is a total rip-off. At the border their agent asked for even more money and then crammed us into an old minibus. And it took some 14 hours because of the waits, and detour the minibus driver took to avoid police.

The bus I have been taking is the Transport Company bus from Morchit bus station in Bangkok. It is:

- Airconditioned and quite comfortable.Even serves a small midday meal.

- Stops at the border for the visa formalities.

- Takes you all the way to central Siem Reap. There are free tuk tuk shuttles to the hotel.

- Cost 900 baht. For a small fee you can book a ticket on the phone and pay for it in 7-11. Buy well in advance.

It leaves 8 a.m. from Bangkok, and arrives 4-5 p.m. It is possible to take the first bus to Morchit and catch it, but I prefer to go to Bangkok the previous day, stay near Morchit, and take a taxi to the bus station next morning.

For more information look up the Transport Company online and go from there.

• 2 months later...

I went last year got a visa run minibus from travel agents near three coins pub to border,on the way the bus stops at a cafe they take your passport and payment for visa fill forms for you then bus takes you to border they give you passport back and you just show it and you're through! Then he meets you through takes you to bus stop and tells you what bus to catch to the main bus station about 2 miles away ( next time I would get motorbike taxi to main bus station! Then you wait for bus to siem reap they seem to wait till it's full before it goes! The bus then stops at the weirdest bus stop I've been to about 2 miles out of seim reap down a dirt track nothing else about middle of nowhere and tuk Tuks are waiting for you to take you to town!! I was on my own but found it pretty decent!

Archived