IGNORED

Good Workout Program?

tez101

I am coming to Thailand on the 30th of April will be in Bangkok for one night and then will be in Pattaya by the 1st of May. I plan to go to Tony's gym the big one on Third road, I used to use California WOW which was close to my hotel but sadly it is closed. Now Tony's is pretty expensive and I'm on a bit of a budget, but my friend is staying at Areca and they have some good weights there that I can use for my biceps, tricep and shoulder workouts, so I can save some money there. Tony's is 220 baht a visit and that will probably be better than getting the month long membership while I am there for just over 3 weeks.

Now my aim is the keep or build muscle while losing a fair amount of fat, I also want my arms bigger in comparison to my body so I might hit them a bit more. I did this on my last trip while using Clenbuterol (yeh I cheated a little). Because I am on holiday I get a lot more sleep and usually do not need a much rest inbetween training muscle parts back home cause I sleep a good 9 hours or more on holiday and never have to get up early like home So my plan is to train my bigger muscles at Tony's gym and the smaller ones at my mate's hotel gym. Also I plan to do bigger sessions at Tony's gym cause if I pay for a single visit I want to get the most out of it so I might do one group of muscles like the back have a rest and protein shake then do the legs. The bad thing is though my mate leaves on the 15th. At the moment I am about 82.5kg -83kg I plan to hopefully be under 80kg when I arrive in Thailand and be about 79kg when I return but with bigger arms and legs so I plan to lose some fat and gain a bit of muscle did this last time so its not impossible I just want to lose even  more fat this time and pack on size to the arms and legs.

This is the type of workout I have planned this takes place on May 2nd after I have been in Thailand for about 36 hours

Day 1 Tony's gym

Chest -5 exercises about 4 sets of 8-10 reps

Triceps 3 exercises of about 4 sets 8-10 reps

Day 2 Tony's gym

Back 5 exercises of about 4 sets 8-10 reps

Legs 5 exercises of about 4 sets 10-15 reps/15-20 reps for calves

Might include some bicep exercises on this day and split the back/bicep workout with a rest and protein shake before going onto legs.

Day 3 Areca gym

Shoulders 6 exercises of about 4 sets -8-10 reps

Day 4 Areca gym

Biceps 4 exercises of about 4 sets 8-12 reps

Triceps 4 exercises of about 4 sets of 8-12 reps

Day 5 rest day

Depending on how I am feeling Day 6 will either be a rest day or I will start back on Day 1. For cardio I will be walking heaps, doing some swimming at my hotel, exercises in my hotel room like shadow boxing ,sits ups and push ups. The women can also provide fun cardio!

So anyone with training experience got any pointers or advice I would appreciate it.

I am coming to Thailand on the 30th of April will be in Bangkok for one night and then will be in Pattaya by the 1st of May. I plan to go to Tony's gym the big one on Third road, I used to use California WOW which was close to my hotel but sadly it is closed. Now Tony's is pretty expensive and I'm on a bit of a budget, but my friend is staying at Areca and they have some good weights there that I can use for my biceps, tricep and shoulder workouts, so I can save some money there. Tony's is 220 baht a visit and that will probably be better than getting the month long membership while I am there for just over 3 weeks.

Now my aim is the keep or build muscle while losing a fair amount of fat, I also want my arms bigger in comparison to my body so I might hit them a bit more. I did this on my last trip while using Clenbuterol (yeh I cheated a little). Because I am on holiday I get a lot more sleep and usually do not need a much rest inbetween training muscle parts back home cause I sleep a good 9 hours or more on holiday and never have to get up early like home So my plan is to train my bigger muscles at Tony's gym and the smaller ones at my mate's hotel gym. Also I plan to do bigger sessions at Tony's gym cause if I pay for a single visit I want to get the most out of it so I might do one group of muscles like the back have a rest and protein shake then do the legs. The bad thing is though my mate leaves on the 15th. At the moment I am about 82.5kg -83kg I plan to hopefully be under 80kg when I arrive in Thailand and be about 79kg when I return but with bigger arms and legs so I plan to lose some fat and gain a bit of muscle did this last time so its not impossible I just want to lose even  more fat this time and pack on size to the arms and legs.

This is the type of workout I have planned this takes place on May 2nd after I have been in Thailand for about 36 hours

Day 1 Tony's gym

Day 2 Tony's gym

Might include some bicep exercises on this day and split the back/bicep workout with a rest and protein shake before going onto legs.

Day 3 Areca gym

Day 4 Areca gym

Day 5 rest day

Depending on how I am feeling Day 6 will either be a rest day or I will start back on Day 1. For cardio I will be walking heaps, doing some swimming at my hotel, exercises in my hotel room like shadow boxing ,sits ups and push ups. The women can also provide fun cardio!

So anyone with training experience got any pointers or advice I would appreciate it.

You sure know how to enjoy Pattaya. Have a great vacation.

Jack

The workouts are inbetween the fun of the girls, massages  and going out to the clubs. It may sound like a lot but its only about 60-90 minutes spent at the gym 4-5 times a week. While going to the gym about 4 times a week on my 2013 holiday I still managed 33 different girls in 22 days I slowed down last year with only 27 different girls. So I do enjoy my holidays I just like to hit the gym about 4-5 times per week for about 60-90 minutes. I have a fun time and come back in better shape, just wanted some advice on how I can maybe do it better.

How old are you tez? Sounds like you've got the energy of a sub 30 year old. The heat alone would sap my energy pretty quickly.

sounds like you're expecting some decent results from this.

Got a food plan? Can be tricky when you're on hols

I'll be there for the month of May. There's a simple gym in the rented condo that i'll use. If i can stay in the same shape as back home, i'll consider that a win.

Good luck

Enjoy training in Tony's sweatbox especially this time of year :GoldenSmile1:.

I think the gym that he's talking about has air con.

I was the nut to workout at the open air gym, lol.

I generally eat a lot of Thai food with pork or chicken and lots of green vegies and post workout I have one of the tasty chicken kebabs near the corner of second and South road. Tony's gym  does not have air con and it was a bit of a shock using the first time after using California Wow. I felt much weaker and the weights felt much heavier than in Aus. the 15kg felt like a 20kg. But I got more used to it and came back leaner and stronger. When I got back to Aus I was actually lifting more. It was almost like working out in a higher gravity then returning to Aus was like working out in lower gravity.

Back in Aus I work 5 days a week between 10 hours a day getting up early each morning and managing to go to the gym about 4-5 times a week. In Thailand I have no work or  getting up early so putting aside 6-7 hours a week to go to the gym does not bother me. I'm 34 but I don't smoke and I don't drink much alcohol either, my job keeps me on my toes, no sitting and lots of lifting so i am in better shape and look younger than most 34 year olds. My mum also looked young for her age so maybe its genetic too.

I was just wondering if there were guys on the forum who might have some advice for a better workout program.

The girls provide most of the cardio so its mostly about the weight training.

I think your routine is good, similar to what I do.

I always combine chest and triceps one day, back and biceps the other. I also like to squat 3 times a week and that's all I do for legs and lower body.

I don't really have a set routine or exercises for my specific body part for the day. I go on instinctive training. This is the way I've always trained because you never know if someone is hogging a machine. For example, if someone's using the bench, I'll do dumbbell presses or chest press machine (or hammer machines). Usually I end up doing 4 exercises total, something like 6 sets of as many reps as I can handle. I really go for the burn, and lift until I have nothing left. 

Cardio isn't as important because I like to walk everywhere and the heat and sweating helps increase the cardio load.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Diet diet diet

You won't see any change in three weeks buddy

What's your current calorie intake???

Last time I saw changes in 15 days dropped like 3 kg of mostly fat. In Thailand I eat a lot of chicken, pork, seafood and green vegies. I drink a lot of water and not much alcohol opposite of the average Pattaya  Addicts Board member

Good program,  

You could make a push day and a pull day, also throw in some HIIT. 

So, 

Push day, pull day, HIIT, repeat. 

No rest days FTW!

Last time I saw changes in 15 days dropped like 3 kg of mostly fat. In Thailand I eat a lot of chicken, pork, seafood and green vegies. I drink a lot of water and not much alcohol opposite of the average Pattaya  Addicts Board member

Yes, you will lose weight on a healthy diet.

You mentioned getting bigger biceps/legs.

That won't happen in three weeks.

Losing weight and building muscle not easyily done.

Cut out all sugar, refined carbs, fried food and limit even complex carbs and you are almost guaranteed to lost fat.

Not easy to do but sure fire way to shed the bulge.

Sugar is the big killer.

I eat a high fat diet and plenty of meat and veggies, butter, flax oil but no sugar and no fired food and no bread or refined carbs and I cant put on weight ie fat.

I generally eat a lot of Thai food with pork or chicken and lots of green vegies and post workout I have one of the tasty chicken kebabs near the corner of second and South road. Tony's gym  does not have air con and it was a bit of a shock using the first time after using California Wow. I felt much weaker and the weights felt much heavier than in Aus. the 15kg felt like a 20kg. But I got more used to it and came back leaner and stronger. When I got back to Aus I was actually lifting more. It was almost like working out in a higher gravity then returning to Aus was like working out in lower gravity.

Back in Aus I work 5 days a week between 10 hours a day getting up early each morning and managing to go to the gym about 4-5 times a week. In Thailand I have no work or  getting up early so putting aside 6-7 hours a week to go to the gym does not bother me. I'm 34 but I don't smoke and I don't drink much alcohol either, my job keeps me on my toes, no sitting and lots of lifting so i am in better shape and look younger than most 34 year olds. My mum also looked young for her age so maybe its genetic too.

I was just wondering if there were guys on the forum who might have some advice for a better workout program.

The girls provide most of the cardio so its mostly about the weight training.

Tonys gym on 3rd road does have air-con but you wouldnt know it as it doesnt cool down the gym much. Doesnt even come close to california wow, equipment or air-con wise

Now my aim is the keep or build muscle while losing a fair amount of fat..

Day 1 Tony's gym

Day 2 Tony's gym

Day 3 Areca gym

Day 4 Areca gym

Day 5 rest day

I go to Tony's gym when in Patters. 

To gain muscle and lose fat, that will largely depends on your macros. Protein / carb / fat ratios.

What specific exercises are doing for each muscle group? 

For example, shoulders:

1. DB Shrugs - moderate to heavy weight: ~150 reps

2. DB lateral size raises x 4 (8-10 reps) 30 lb DBs

3. Cable Upright Rows x 4

5. y-rope standing pull back (over the head) for rear delts x 4

6. OH press (machine x 2) 

7. DB front rows x 2

Total time 40 minutes. 

Vary your rep ranges and weights from week to week. 

Plan your pre and post workout meals well. This is what will cause you to gain muscle and lose fat. 

I agree that diet is always a bit of an issue in Pattaya, but with the routine you are planning it looks do-able.  My only comments would be:

Throw in a bunch of core exercises, lots on the web with dumbbells.  Combined with the HIIT that BeeSting recommends, it can really burn fat quickly and show defined abs. 

If you are anything like me... Make the plan in detail before you get to Pattaya.  Easier to have something to stick to .. good luck

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

I know I asked earlier but anyone spotted kettlebells in any of the Gyms you have worked out at , with all the Russians in patts must be a gym somewhere with kettlebells

Monday/ wednesday/friday

squat x 4 set 10-6 reps

bench press x 4 sets 10-6reps

lat pulldown/ chins x 4 sets 8-10

shoulder press x 4 sets 8-10

you can do a few sets of barbell curls and tricep pushdowns at areca but not needed as you will be getting them worked when your doing bench and pulldowns.

this is a great holiday routine where you can hold/ gain muscle while still giving yourself plenty of time with the ladies.

Anyone know of any gyms in Pattaya that has kettlebells ??

Fairtex has lots of kettlebells, I think the heaviest is 32 kg.

Why go all the way to Tony's Gym on 3rd road if your staying in the Acrea lodge ? Why not check out the 1 on Soi Buakao above Tesco Lotus, this 1 would be much closer to your hotel 

& only 5 - 10 minute walk depending on your leg length. I've used this 1 before for their treadmills & they have a lot of equipment for weight lifters as well only 90 bht for 1 day training.

Here's a link to a short video of the place hope this helps Tez 101  https://youtu.be/eIaFyOrdG30 

Why go all the way to Tony's Gym on 3rd road if your staying in the Acrea lodge ? Why not check out the 1 on Soi Buakao above Tesco Lotus, this 1 would be much closer to your hotel 

& only 5 - 10 minute walk depending on your leg length. I've used this 1 before for their treadmills & they have a lot of equipment for weight lifters as well only 90 bht for 1 day training.

Here's a link to a short video of the place hope this helps Tez 101  https://youtu.be/eIaFyOrdG30 

I'm actually staying at Pattaya Bay Resort but my friend is at Areca so i go use there gym when he is there. However PBR is close to Areca so i will check out this gym above lotus i know there is a Tony's gym on that road as well and it is 90 baht but does not have that much stuff Areca's gym probably has nearly as much equipment. Thanks for the info.

I'm actually staying at PBR but my friend is stayin at Areca so when he is there i use there equipment they mostly have dumbells. I know there is a Tony's on Soi Buakao for 90 baht a visit but they have a real lack of equipment. I will check out this gym your link didn't work but thanks for the info i will check it out myself.  when i head down there from second road do i turn left  or right at Soi Buakao if i come down from the street Areca is on forgot the name?

If you come from second road and down Soi Diana, you turn left at the intersection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived