Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Snooker world championship

Timtong

As they get into the longer sessions it will suit the Rocket more and more.

Been some cracking matches so far so looking forward to a lot more of the same.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm falling in love with Anthony McGill , ( not in sexual way). :)

My toughts too :) i want to see him in Final and with that game he will

My toughts too :) i want to see him in Final and with that game he will

Ronnie was right , before the Championship started , he said McGill will be the one to watch and also said he will be the world champion one day . McGill's father agreed with his new nick name "Licence to Thrill " , I like it , sound like him 100%. McGill now has a four frame lead to Selby who played terrible on long shots , 10-6 but take nothing away from McGill , he played super .

Bingham is 6-2 up against Dott .

Wow , what a great display from Ding , he was 5-1 down at one time but now is 9-7 up , thought Higgins got the last frame to make 8-8 but Ding stole the frame under his nose with a brilliant potting display . Funny to see Ding shook some fans hands and a wave as if he won the match already . They are playing tomorrow morning at 10.am . Should be great .

Wow , what a great display from Ding , he was 5-1 down at one time but now is 9-7 up , thought Higgins got the last frame to make 8-8 but Ding stole the frame under his nose with a brilliant potting display . Funny to see Ding shook some fans hands and a wave as if he won the match already . They are playing tomorrow morning at 10.am . Should be great .

Read from bottom up...

Not THAT strange an event with Higgins involved, is it?  :LOL2:

Not watched it at all , no pool on my channels ... I would love to watch them all, I met Efren Reyes in person in Pattaya in 2010. , also met former world pool number one Darryl Appleton last January in Pattaya . There are few great players comes to play in a Pattaya .

Darren would be pleased...LOL

Not watched it at all , no pool on my channels ... I would love to watch them all, I met Efren Reyes in person in Pattaya in 2010. , also met former world pool number one Darryl Appleton last January in Pattaya . There are few great players comes to play in a Pattaya .

Snooker is not my favourite - nor is 9 or 10 Ball.

Two shot pool on 6 or 7" tables, snooker pocket cut is by far my preferred game. Not many of them around in Pattaya that I know.

Slowly but surely getting into the 9 footers and 9/10 Ball...has to be the choice using logic alone, added to the fact I'm nowhere near any decent snooker level player. 5555

Dings attitude have changed i used to hate watch hes games because no emotion at all but now hes smiling and joking there.

Dings attitude have changed i used to hate watch hes games because no emotion at all but now hes smiling and joking there.

I agree , he smiled more than ever before , perhaps he was always looking serious because he lives in a regime country , China , like the Russians in Pattaya , they can't crack a smile due to their up bringing in Russia .. They lead a tough life. Ding probably lives more in the west now than before , that changed his personality a lot . Like the bargirls , if you bring them to the west ,after few years ,they become a cunts like the western ladies . Lol.

I agree , he smiled more than ever before , perhaps he was always looking serious because he lives in a regime country , China , like the Russians in Pattaya , they can't crack a smile due to their up bringing in Russia .. They lead a tough life. Ding probably lives more in the west now than before , that changed his personality a lot . Like the bargirls , if you bring them to the west ,after few years ,they become a cunts like the western ladies . Lol.

Haha well said :) i think Ding lives and practise in england for years now.

Unbelievable , the best break of the championship under difficult contitions . 17th frame , McGill getting better and better .

Anthony McGill is now a sensational in snooker world , but he has been around as a pro last few years . He will play against either Joe Perry or Shaun Murphy in the quarter final , ironically both of them had beaten Anthony McGill last Month and this month , losing to Murphy 4-5 in China Open and losing 3-4 to Perry in PTC Open , he only qualified to the World Championship by winning three matches including beating Mark King 10-9 . I think the Crucible and the crowd is making him a great player . He likes the crowd and the excitement . He is ranked number 32 in the World ranking list ,I think he will be in the top 16 even if he lose in the next round .

Anthony McGill is now a sensational in snooker world , but he has been around as a pro last few years . He will play against either Joe Perry or Shaun Murphy in the quarter final , ironically both of them had beaten Anthony McGill last Month and this month , losing to Murphy 4-5 in China Open and losing 3-4 to Perry in PTC Open , he only qualified to the World Championship by winning three matches including beating Mark King 10-9 . I think the Crucible and the crowd is making him a great player . He likes the crowd and the excitement . He is ranked number 32 in the World ranking list ,I think he will be in the top 16 even if he lose in the next round .

Anthony didn't look like a player in his first world championship playing the reigning champ and world number 1 ,  

Mark Selby and Ronnie both reckon he'll be Champion one day and hard to disagree . 

I'm looking forward to the Carter / Robertson match up .   A good tournament so far with some exciting games .

Mikeyboy

Bingham got through without a trouble from Dott this afternoon , 13-5 . Robertson was too good for Ali Carter , 6-2 , Ali will have to play his best tomorrow to stop Robertson running away from him .

Ronnie Vs Stevens tonight should be a cracker .

Hmmm Ronnie seems bit nervous bashing cue to the table is not a strong sing. I hope im wrong.

Hmmm Ronnie seems bit nervous bashing cue to the table is not a strong sing. I hope im wrong.

Ronnie fought back to level 2-2 , thought he was wrong to bash the cue on the table , thinks he will get fined for that . Stevens played superbly in the first two frames , until Ronnie bashed his cue . Then Ronnie came back to his old self . Looks like this match will go to the wire . Saw the replay several times of cue bashing , he was lucky not to break his cue otherwise he will be looking for a loan of the cue such as he did with his shoes during the first round . Lol .

im glad i was wrong! damn its nice to watch Ronnie play

im glad i was wrong! damn its nice to watch Ronnie play

Stevens is very relieved to win the final frame of first session to go two frames nearer to Ronnie rather than four behind . Very good display from both players , makes my night sit in , a worthwhile :)

Barry Hawkins beat the pride of a Northern Ireland , Mark Allen in a very close match 13-11 . Barry is a tough nut to crack , he will be hard to beat in the quarter final , he will await for the winner of Ali Carter or Neil,Robertson match .

barry came from 8-11 down to win the last 5 frames a great comeback

any holes a goal

Sunday 26th

Shaun Murphy Vs Joe Perry 10 am and 7pm

Marco Fu Vs Judd Trump 10am and 7 pm

Allister Carter Vs Neil Robertson 2.30 pm. ( 2-6)

Mark Stevens Vs Ronnie O'Sullivan 2.30 pm ( 3-5)

Nearly puked when see Shaun Murphy wearing outrageous shoes , he thinks he is a fucking Godfather .. 5555

Shaun Murphy fired a warning to the rest with a 7-1 lead to Perry , Marco had thrown away two frames but still hold Trump by two frames behind . 3-5 .

Sunday 26th

Shaun Murphy Vs Joe Perry 7pm ( 7-1)

Marco Fu Vs Judd Trump 7 pm ( 3-5)

Allister Carter Vs Neil Robertson 2.30 pm. ( 2-6)

Mark Stevens Vs Ronnie O'Sullivan 2.30 pm ( 3-5)

Nearly puked when see Shaun Murphy wearing outrageous shoes , he thinks he is a fucking Godfather .. 5555

Not really built to be a stylist is our Shaun , although his snooker is eyecatching at times . i agree pretty bizzare looking pods .

Ronnie doesn't need such props , standard comfy loafers suit him .   but he needs to take more care of his cue .

Mikeyboy

Archived