Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Could cattle class get any worse?

QuotaMan

Would an airline use an A380 for short haul routes?

Maintenance will go out of budget.The

long haul airplanes are rated for lot of miles and flying hours, but little take off and landing.

You change that and have to do maintenance on the gear.... a lot more.

I gave up cattle class a long time ago.eva business class lhr to bangers for me every time,if I cannot afford that then I would rather stay at home.

Why......??

Maintenance will go out of budget.The

long haul airplanes are rated for lot of miles and flying hours, but little take off and landing.

You change that and have to do maintenance on the gear.... a lot more.

Maybe don't know enough about it. Good point thou.

All of the seat configurations on a new airliner are up to the purchasing airline. So I assume this is being offered by Airbus as an option. I doubt many premium airlines will prefer aircraft in this configuration, but we will have to wait and see, then choose who to fly with accordingly.

Yes , this is correct , Airbus will offer it as an option , it would be up to Airlines to choose what kind of config they want ..... Most reputed airlines have rejected it as AFAIK .....

"p.s. fat bastards should pay more anyhow"

An interesting concept. Presumably charging extra for luggage is because more weight uses more fuel. Why then should a 65kg passenger have to pay extra for luggage of over say 23kg (a total of 88kg) when a passenger weighing 90kg with the same weight of luggage is already up to 113kg with no penalty imposed. It doesn't really matter where the weight is located, in the hold or in the cabin, the plane still has to lift it.

And why should I, at something like 95kg, have to pay more when I usually only have like 5 kg of luggage with me? If there ever was a charge by weight scheme, I should bloody well hope it's by total weight, not body weight.

Oh, and just to troll a bit too, skinny little people should have to pay an extra fine for all those times they elbow us more fully grown in the ribs. Apparently, being a half person means you don't have to keep track of what your extremities are doing, when on a plane.

wow... skinny armrests mean everyone is sitting closer together than they already were... that's insane.

Exactly - the geniuses who came up with that forget that humans aren't as wide as their asses , but that shoulder width matters. By reducing armrest width, you are increasing people rubbing shoulders (literally) which is going to invariably increase friction and potential conflict by reducing personal space even further.

This is a bad idea all around.

Airlines would be better to eliminate business and first class, and creating all-economy flights - though it remains to be seen if the extra economy seats offset the insane prices of first class accommodations.

"I should bloody well hope it's by total weight, not body weight."

Yes that would be the fairest way but even with only your 5kg of luggage you would still be a lot heavier, with a total of 100 kg than my example of a 65kg person with 23 kg of allowed luggage. They would have to pay heavy excess rates for 12 kg to get them up to your combined weight of 100 kg

obviously it would be a nightmare at check in so it would never be introduced but it would be a fairer system than they have now. ?

There's been precedents of pilots kicking a group of much too fat people off a plane for weight reasons. It's less of an issue with wide body planes, more of an issue on smaller commuter planes.

Yes, just like old guys should pay more for their Barfines.... It's only fair :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I,ll second that :GoldenSmile1:

sent from my room using carrier pigeon

All about the money ,,,,,the more they can cram in the more money the will make ,,comfort or safety is way down on the list of considerations.

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

Archived