IGNORED

Buying a sim card

zimg69

Hello, where could you buy Thai sim card? 

How much does it cost? 

Does it include internet?

I plan to usa Nam/Mr T taxi service. Maybe they can pickup sim card for you?

thanks

Buy one at the counters in the arrival hall. They set it up for you and have multiple packages. From weekly to monthly to just calls to big data packs. How long is a piece of string

Without knowing how long you stay. How muxh data you use and what speeds you require no one can advise you

I usually take internet deal for my ipad from airport there are many different deals but i have found 4 gigas pack is enough for 2-3 weeks easilly because mostly use only web and not dowloading anything.

For my phone i had no smart phone before i always took sim from 7 eleven cos it was more cheaper than airport with no internet deals.

But for my next holiday i have smartphone too for as my thai phone so not sure if i just take 2 internet deals for i pad and phone or just use my phones internet for my ipad too :)

I usually take internet deal for my ipad from airport there are many different deals but i have found 4 gigas pack is enough for 2-3 weeks easilly because mostly use only web and not dowloading anything.

For my phone i had no smart phone before i always took sim from 7 eleven cos it was more cheaper than airport with no internet deals.

But for my next holiday i have smartphone too for as my thai phone so not sure if i just take 2 internet deals for i pad and phone or just use my phones internet for my ipad too :)

I uae normally phone sim with data pack or daily unlimited for i think it was 14 baht if i did bot care for speed. Then run my tablet over hotspot data sharing on mobile

Hello, where could you buy Thai sim card? 

How much does it cost? 

Does it include internet?

I plan to usa Nam/Mr T taxi service. Maybe they can pickup sim card for you?

thanks

Mobile Phones & Thai SIM Cards section of the forum has your answers.   :Think1:

But in summary: purchase SIM card at the kiosk of the provider of your choice (AIS/DTAC/True) in the Arrivals Hall at Suvarnabhumi.

A number of different packages are on offer with different speed/bandwidth/length of service/price points, choose one which fits your expected usage pattern.

It only takes a couple of minutes to activate your service, the kiosk staff is very efficient.

Mobile Phones & Thai SIM Cards section of the forum has your answers.   :Think1:

But in summary: purchase SIM card at the kiosk of the provider of your choice (AIS/DTAC/True) in the Arrivals Hall at Suvarnabhumi.

A number of different packages are on offer with different speed/bandwidth/length of service/price points, choose one which fits your expected usage pattern.

It only takes a couple of minutes to activate your service, the kiosk staff is very efficient.

I've never really noticed these kiosks during my previous visits but I will be looking out for them the next time I fly  to Thailand.  I've had the same DTAC sim for a few years but this week I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.  And it only accepts micro sims so my DTAC sim wont fit,  So I will need a new DTAC sim the next time I am in Thailand.  And hopefully I will be able to keep my old number

I've never really noticed these kiosks during my previous visits but I will be looking out for them the next time I fly  to Thailand. 

After going through Customs, just keep walking through the Arrivals Hall past the exchange kiosks, and the car rental kiosks, until you get to the mobile phone kiosks. They're a few entrances down the Hall.

Suvarnabhumi-Airport-dtac-550x550.jpg

I've never really noticed these kiosks during my previous visits but I will be looking out for them the next time I fly  to Thailand.  I've had the same DTAC sim for a few years but this week I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone.  And it only accepts micro sims so my DTAC sim wont fit,  So I will need a new DTAC sim the next time I am in Thailand.  And hopefully I will be able to keep my old number

You can try cut your old sim first if you want to try keep your old number. Done it before but there is always chance it goes wrong but dont hurt to try

I've cut my sim to use in a smartphone as well without any issues. Most of the phone shops should have a sim card cutter just for this purpose.

Or you just go to the shop of provider and have number transferred on other sim. 12th call ais is in lowest floor central festival beach side

Archived