IGNORED

60 day visa but flight itinerary for 90 days - is this ok?

Tone

Hi Guys,

Australian here looking at staying for 90 days on a tourist visa.

From my understanding the best way to go about this is apply for a 60 day visa while in Australia then apply for another 30 day extension at the embassy in Thailand.

Part of the 60 day tourist visa application requires you to provide proof of flights or a flight itinerary.  My question is, would it matter if i provide a flight itinerary that shows a 90 day holiday??

Wouldn't they reject the application?

No problems . 

Hane no idea how the embassy in Australia interpret rules but to be one the safe side I would forward itinerary for 60 days only, Pretty easy to get itinerary from travel agents or book a fully refundable ticket online, print itinerary and cancel reservation.

I've been questioned once at Schiphol (Amsterdam), i said i was taking a sidetrip to Cambodia but they called the Thai embassy and i got green light.

Anyway, i think you can get one more month at imigration? Not sure about that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only problem you *may* have is with check in in Oz.  Normally, when there is a visa in the PP they won't ask a question...  The problem you *may* have, is, if you have booked a return with the same airline, and the date is post 60 days, they *may* ask questions.  But that is assuming the check in person is up to date with visa regulations in Thailand...  Any way, if stopped, as you rightly quote, just explain the 30 day extension that is available for 1900 baht from Thai Immigration, and all should be good..  The check in girl/guy may well call a supervisor to clear it up, but there shouldn't be a problem.   Just something to be aware of, and  be ready for.

You are unlikely to have any problems, but ya can never be 100% certain....

With the application it is straight forward and simple... I always used Brisbane but they have closed now... Never was I asked about onward flights etc, when applying for a visa...  

I always have had the opinion, that if you apply for a visa, with a ticket already purchased, u are taking a risk, because a visa can always be denied at application,  I know it doesn't happen (much) here but there is always a chance

or the other way to go to ease your mind would be to spend the extra 45 bucks and get a double entry TV

I've been traveling to Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa provided by the Thai embassy here in LA for 10 years on a no return ticket.  I always get a 30 day extension no problems and buy my RT ticket originating in Thailand while I am there.  

No one has ever asked to see my tickets or itinerary.  But, here is what you do if you ever have issues.  If they stop you and say you have to show a departure ticket in time go to the Thai Air counter and buy a FULL PRICE ticket anywhere.  Go through immigration.  Cancel the ticket and pay the small charge to do so.  

But I've never heard of anyone having this issue.

I've been questioned once at Schiphol (Amsterdam), i said i was taking a sidetrip to Cambodia but they called the Thai embassy and i got green light.

Anyway, i think you can get one more month at imigration? Not sure about that....

As you can get another 30 days extension at immigration Jomtien there shouldn't be a problem .  

Haven't done a TR visa for a while but don't think 90 days is 90 days but more like 87 . 

Maybe some one can confirm . 

As you can get another 30 days extension at immigration Jomtien there shouldn't be a problem .  

Haven't done a TR visa for a while but don't think 90 days is 90 days but more like 87 . 

Maybe some one can confirm . 

89..............nights

59 nights  (they count the day you land even if it 23 50 at night)  plus 30, just checked the extension stamp in my passport from 1 last year and it ran from aug 10 th (when the 60 day one expired) and it gave me till sept 9th which is 30 days extra

when i've been issued with a tourist visa in london they have never ever asked for flight details or even if you have booked one, they just want the visa fee

Wow you guys are awesome ! I didn't expect such prompt and helpful responses.

The only problem you *may* have is with check in in Oz.  Normally, when there is a visa in the PP they won't ask a question...  The problem you *may* have, is, if you have booked a return with the same airline, and the date is post 60 days, they *may* ask questions.  But that is assuming the check in person is up to date with visa regulations in Thailand...  Any way, if stopped, as you rightly quote, just explain the 30 day extension that is available for 1900 baht from Thai Immigration, and all should be good..  The check in girl/guy may well call a supervisor to clear it up, but there shouldn't be a problem.   Just something to be aware of, and  be ready for.

With the application it is straight forward and simple... I always used Brisbane but they have closed now... Never was I asked about onward flights etc, when applying for a visa...  

I always have had the opinion, that if you apply for a visa, with a ticket already purchased, u are taking a risk, because a visa can always be denied at application,  I know it doesn't happen (much) here but there is always a chance

or the other way to go to ease your mind would be to spend the extra 45 bucks and get a double entry TV

Yeah I noticed Bris has closed so I'm going to have to post it to Canberra or Sydney.

Reading the application it states you must attach proof of flights or an itinerary, are you saying this is not the case and my application could be approved without proof of travel?

Yeah I noticed Bris has closed so I'm going to have to post it to Canberra or Sydney.

Reading the application it states you must attach proof of flights or an itinerary, are you saying this is not the case and my application could be approved without proof of travel?

i can only tell you my experience in london where i have applied for and got in excess of 6 tourist visas.

same in canada,they say you need proof of flights yada yada,never ask tho.i always travel with an open return ticket good for 6 months,no problem.airlines care less about visas,only care about payed flight home.quite often you can fly with no return as well. well from here anyway.

I can only tell you how Brisbane worked, and they were not worried about it at all....

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a double entry tourist Visa in the uk and they were not worried about booked flights at all. Since I'm not 100% sure when I am travelling i haven't booked my flights yet and as you have 6 months to use both your entries i cannot see why it would be a problem anyway.

"I want to die young, but only when I'm very very old"

"Life is for living, not for wishing you had lived a life"

I need a little help here. I am a Canadian National traveling with a Canadian passport. I live in New York and am a permanent legal resident with U.S. green card. I plan to stay in Thailand for 3 months next year (January, February and March). I want to know if its best to just travel on a passport and rely on 2 Visa runs to extend for the additional 60 days or acquire a Visa for 60 days and pay ($60) for a 30 day extension. One other question....As I am living in New York, whats the proper or best way to apply for a tourist Visa to stay 60 days? Shall I go to a Canadian consulate and apply in person or is it ok to do that by mail? I am reluctant to send all my documents (passport, etc) throught the mail to apply. I appreciate any feedback anyone may offer. Thanks

Shall I go to a Canadian consulate and apply in person or is it ok to do that by mail?

you mean thai consulate surely.

you should get a visa in advance you never know what mood or what rules the immigration on the border is applying if you try and do 2 border runs.

plus it would spoil 2 days doing them

When entering Thailand with a visa (tourist or otherwise), there is no requirement to provide evidence of onward travel.  Those are the MFA guidelines the check-in agent should be following.

Archived