Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Triple 60 Days Entry Visa

dayo202

Can any BM explain how you can get 15 Month stay in Thailand with a triple 60 days entry visa.

This is what the Thai consulate told me this morning on the phone.

Entry one, 60 days + 30 (1900 baht soi 5) = 90 days

Entry two with visa run, 60 days + 30 (1900 baht soi 5) = 90 days

Entry three with visa run, 60 days + 30 (1900 baht soi 5) = 90 days

Thats around 270 days in total, how do i milk 15 month if at all ?

Dayo...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't ...

Go to Laos after the third one and get another visa . Single

entry only I'm afraid .

You can't ...

entry only I'm afraid .

Yes you can.

There are still plenty of guys doing visa runs to Cambodia when their tourist visa has expired, getting 30 days, extending for another 30 at Jomtien, then repeating the process.

How long for is up to the immigration officer of course but my mate is on his third now and been here for over a year.

ahhh your talking about multi entry non immigrant O visa .  why don't you  marry a thai national and go for a 1 year marriage visa think its called non immigrant OA visa that gives you a 12 month stay after your non immigrant 0 runs out  with no border runs just trips to soi 5 and can renew every year so I have been told . But wait a year or two and go for retirement visa ?  but 15 months stay in the Kingdom as your under 50  I cant see how this can be done unless you over stay and pay fine or get lucky as bm mscott has mentioned and get a helpful immigration officer.

Not had the need for a longer than visa on arrival for the last 10 years

Before that had the immigration O visa

This was 90 days so technically if you timed it right and entered the kingdom on the last day of the 12 month visa you had another 90 days so giving "up to " 15 months on that visa

ahhh your talking about multi entry non immigrant O visa .  why don't you  marry a thai national and go for a 1 year marriage visa think its called non immigrant OA visa that gives you a 12 month stay after your non immigrant 0 runs out  with no border runs just trips to soi 5 and can renew every year so I have been told . But wait a year or two and go for retirement visa ?  but 15 months stay in the Kingdom as your under 50  I cant see how this can be done unless you over stay and pay fine or get lucky as bm mscott has mentioned and get a helpful immigration officer.

Getting married is a bit drastic! LOL.

I have no need of visa runs (thank fcuk) but as I understand it the (fairly) recent rule changes (or enforcements of old rules) have relaxed somewhat.

Back to back visa runs are still frowned upon but there seems to be some leeway given, especially if you started off on a legitimate visa and not a visa waiver on entry. They can of course refuse you re-entry at any time so I am not stating it's foolproof but certainly doable. I don't believe luck comes into it. 

Jomtien immigration seem to be happy enough charging 3000 Baht for a 1900 Baht visa extension!

Yes you can.

There are still plenty of guys doing visa runs to Cambodia when their tourist visa has expired, getting 30 days, extending for another 30 at Jomtien, then repeating the process.

How long for is up to the immigration officer of course but my mate is on his third now and been here for over a year.

So you can not ... 

After the max 270 days are used you need to find another way to stay . Be it another tourist visa from Laos or Cambodia 

or fly out of the country and come back through the airport a few days/weeks later to get the 30 day visa waiver and as

you say try to extend it .

Confusion is with the non immigrant O visa that was pretty easy to get a few years back that gave you a 1 year stay and

when you timed right and got out of the country and back just before it ended you had another 3 months .

Triple entries are already hard to become now a days .  

So you can not ... 

After the max 270 days are used you need to find another way to stay . Be it another tourist visa from Laos or Cambodia 

or fly out of the country and come back through the airport a few days/weeks later to get the 30 day visa waiver and as

you say try to extend it .

Confusion is with the non immigrant O visa that was pretty easy to get a few years back that gave you a 1 year stay and

when you timed right and got out of the country and back just before it ended you had another 3 months .

Yes, you can!

You can do multiple visa runs and extensions at Jomtien after your tourist visa has expired until they tell you enough is enough, up to them!

There is no confusion on my part about the non immigrant 'O' visa, I've had enough of them in the past!

No different getting a triple entry visa than a single entry visa. No idea where you get this rubbish info from but you should not be posting it.

Multi entry O visa can not unless..... quote from the Thai embassy web site

1. If you’re legally married to a Thai citizen, then you can apply for a one-year Non-immigrant visa “O”, often falsely referred to as “marriage visa” (it’s actually an extension of stay based on marriage). To qualify for this visa, it needs to be a registered marriage; a ceremonial marriage at a temple or a “common law” marriage is not recognized by the government or family courts.

Dayo...

You can't ...

entry only I'm afraid .

Jerry, cant i go into Laos Thai embassy and get another triple 60 days entry visa ?

Dayo...

Not had the need for a longer than visa on arrival for the last 10 years

Before that had the immigration O visa

This was 90 days so technically if you timed it right and entered the kingdom on the last day of the 12 month visa you had another 90 days so giving "up to " 15 months on that visa

Thanks jam, so i take it the triple 90 days entry visa are no longer available ?

Dayo...

yes you can  go down to Cardiff bay thai consulate and get non O multi entry Tourist visa which gives you around 270 days like you said but not a non immigrant 0A for 1 year only if married thai national . Any way how the hell are you going for 15 months what about ur job and house and funds for 15 months ??? ring me later mate got news on November  

Yes, you can!

You can do multiple visa runs and extensions at Jomtien after your tourist visa has expired 

Expired means ... ? Right ... so you can NOT smart ass .  

You can get another tourist visa or do visa runs and get the visa waiver for

30 days but you can't milk more than 270 days out of a triple entry tourist . 

• 3 weeks later...

Can any BM explain how you can get 15 Month stay in Thailand with a triple 60 days entry visa.

This is what the Thai consulate told me this morning on the phone.

Entry one, 60 days + 30 (1900 baht soi 5) = 90 days

Entry two with visa run, 60 days + 30 (1900 baht soi 5) = 90 days

Entry three with visa run, 60 days + 30 (1900 baht soi 5) = 90 days

Thats around 270 days in total, how do i milk 15 month if at all ?

But those two visa runs must by air, is that right?

triple entry visa is useless . get a double entry visa , when you manage it correct , you have 180 days. after that wiht a little a cash you can get a 3 months special o visa at the immigration office or you go and apply for another double entry visa. everything is possible. the rules are just made up to get more cash ( my opinion ).

But those two visa runs must by air, is that right?

No, On a triple at the moment and have done both runs with a same day land border  crossing with no probs and seems to be the norm.

I obtained my triple entry from UK but do recall something about obtaining a triple entry from (possibly Kuala Lumpar) which required pre booking flights to time with your departure dates etc and that is where you possibly are getting the visa runs by air.

Pretty sure I read on a thread here as most neighboring countries to Thailand issue a double entry but one does issue a triple (prehaps Maylasia - KL) but a lot of hassle goes with it if memory serves correctly.

Hull are still giving them out no problems

• 2 weeks later...

After 270 days can you then go to your home country and  apply for a new triple TV or do you have to stay home for a period of time before can entry Thailand again ?

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

Does anyone here know if it´s possible to get a new triple entry TV every 270 days if i apply in my home country. I try to ask the Thai embassy in Copenhagen but i can´t get a straight answer from them. Thanks

Does anyone here know if it´s possible to get a new triple entry TV every 270 days if i apply in my home country. I try to ask the Thai embassy in Copenhagen but i can´t get a straight answer from them. Thanks

To get another triple entry visa, applied for in your home country you would have to return to it to do so.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question I think your asking if you can remain in Thailand but apply back in your own country for another visa somehow. If that's what your asking the answer is no.

When you have used your 3 entries that's it and you have to go to another country and visit the Thai embassy or consulate there and make a new application for another one.

If though your asking will the Thai embassy in Copenhagen issue you with a triple entry visa, you use up all 3 entries, including extensions and then return to Copenhagen and immediately apply for another one, will they give it to you ?

Only your fellow countrymen can answer that who have either tried to or actually done it. That also applies to how long between issuing visas, which was your other question.

There is little consistency between how the Thai embassies operate in different countries.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

To get another triple entry visa, applied for in your home country you would have to return to it to do so.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question I think your asking if you can remain in Thailand but apply back in your own country for another visa somehow. If that's what your asking the answer is no.

When you have used your 3 entries that's it and you have to go to another country and visit the Thai embassy or consulate there and make a new application for another one.

If though your asking will the Thai embassy in Copenhagen issue you with a triple entry visa, you use up all 3 entries, including extensions and then return to Copenhagen and immediately apply for another one, will they give it to you ?

Only your fellow countrymen can answer that who have either tried to or actually done it. That also applies to how long between issuing visas, which was your other question.

There is little consistency between how the Thai embassies operate in different countries.

Thanks. Yes i mean if i return to my home country and apply for another triple TV...... How about the Thai consulate in Laos will they issue another when the 3 entries is used? anyone know ?

Hull are still giving them out no problems

In Amsterdam i couldn't even get a double entry anymore . Even for a single entry i needed to provide income statements

through a bank . I don't even bother anymore and fly to Phnom Penh a month after i come back from Holland and get a

new tourist visa over there . No problems , just a pic and $45 , 3 days later all good . 

Archived