Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How do I organise a golf booking?

thisisit001

Hi, I will be in Pattaya soon and I have 3 friends coming over for a short 4 day stay. Ideally we're looking to play golf on the 1st or 2nd May but I have no idea how to go about getting this organised. I will be in Pattaya a week before them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Google "Pattaya golf courses" and you'll get a ton of info.

Have a look here for all the current prices and phone numbers of the courses - http://pattayasports.org/sports/golf/golf-rates/

NB - this is April's as May has not been published yet but they can only get cheaper as we move more into low season. If you are not PSC members then don't be shy to ask the clubs for a discount as many are hurting even now for players.

The other option is to play out of one of the many bars but then you are tied into their timings/transport/courses etc. 2nd May is Saturday and not many bars play then as the cost is a lot higher normally at the weekend. From the link above you can also get to the list of bars and contact details.

If you book transport make sure it is big enough for all of you with clubs and bags - needs really to be some sort of people carrier or you will be squashed :GoldenSmile1:   

Most have a Sport Day of the 25 courses here...Ask what day is sport day and save a bundle...You will not need a Pattaya sport card membership if you go this route

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

go  to the the golden ferret resterant...soi new plaza...its on the left if you enter from beach road..about 100 yards in...ask for peter he will sort you out...has has the golden ferret  golf society....

easy way to find it...its opposite mickeys bar...tell him tiger sent you...

You could go to LK Metro a bar called the Golf club or Soi Lengkee there's Danny at Le Katai they play social Monday to Friday

Or in same Soi there's Fergus at Ned Kelly Bar he organises great days competition .

I will be there on May 5th playing with Fergus . His group is called Travellers Rest.

I was in Pattaya about 18 months ago and I came alone and without clubs but still wanted to play a round of golf.

After a lot of searching I found that the folks at the I-Rovers bar organize a couple of outings a week.  They will even rent you a set of pretty nice clubs too and they provide transportation to and from the bar (it's convenient in LK Metro).

For me it was a great day.  An early breakfast at I-Rovers (the Baht Buster was a full English breakfast) then off to the course in a comfortable van.  We played the Emerald Golf Club and it was a pretty challenging track and in pretty good shape given that it was at the end of monsoon season.  http://www.golfasian.com/golf-courses/thailand-golf-courses/pattaya/emerald-golf-club/%C2'> Then after a couple of beers at the 19th hole, we headed to Ban Chang for a late lunch and some afternoon bar activity.  

The group of guys that went on the trip were very welcoming (mostly expats) and I had a great time.  A perfect way to spend a morning and afternoon.

Thanks Harddrive. I have my breakfast in there most days. I'll ask when I call in. We're going to need to rent clubs also.

Golden ferret is the place, Peter will sort it all out for you including club hire if required. great food and usually a good gang around the bar for golf. Can sort out your fourball to play together. Leaves at a reasonable time in the morning which allowas for the hangover to subside a little,,,, 

He is not bad for a MAN u fan,,,, See you in November big fella,,

This app is great if u want to organise yourself. You can hire clubs on course. Just go to a travel agent to hire mini bus. Everyone wants to help u spend your money.

. 03046ba2eee84ca951a091436a362f08.jpg

I like golden ferret. Go in ask for Peter, he will have a list of the courses for the week. You can also get him to arrange a separate trip for you and your friends. Price includes breakfast, club storage, ride to and from course, green fees, and caddy fee, and a drink when you get back. He has great food too.

• 1 month later...

This app is great if u want to organise yourself. You can hire clubs on course. Just go to a travel agent to hire mini bus. Everyone wants to help u spend your money.

any recommendation for where to hire transportation (mini bus or taxi) to golf courses?

for me that has been the hard of organising golf trip myself: a reliable transportation service, i.e. who knows where the golf course are (i had drivers ending up cluelee in the middle of nowhere), know enough english ...and at a decent price?

any recommendation for where to hire transportation (mini bus or taxi) to golf courses?

for me that has been the hard of organising golf trip myself: a reliable transportation service, i.e. who knows where the golf course are (i had drivers ending up cluelee in the middle of nowhere), know enough english ...and at a decent price?

That's why I like dealing with the folks at Irovers.  They arrange everything.  Just show up for breakfast.

That's why I like dealing with the folks at Irovers.  They arrange everything.  Just show up for breakfast.

Sounds fantastic.

I will check ...and hope they have something go-ing in low season (July).

I have always used Thi-ger line golf we normally play 4 rounds each time we are over in Thailand and they do the whole package

I have always used Thi-ger line golf we normally play 4 rounds each time we are over in Thailand and they do the whole package

I used Thai-ger line golf too - very reliable and all ... but unfortunately no group golf trips in low season 

• 2 years later...
On 2015-4-12 at 18:11, rik696969 said:

go  to the the golden ferret resterant...soi new plaza...its on the left if you enter from beach road..about 100 yards in...ask for peter he will sort you out...has has the golden ferret  golf society....

easy way to find it...its opposite mickeys bar...tell him tiger sent you...

Are you on commission? 

What sort of price would you be looking at for a round for 4 ppl and club hire?

4 hours ago, Burkie1203 said:

Are you on commission? 

What sort of price would you be looking at for a round for 4 ppl and club hire?

You realise the previous post to you on this topic was nearly two years ago?

I will answer anyway, Golf without PSC membership in high season, approx 50 to 140 pounds, golf, transport, caddy, buggy and golf club hire. dependant on where you play. lower price in low season.

Cheaper green fee and sometimes sports day and package deal with PSC membership,

Example, Pattavia £15-20 green fee, £8 caddy, £7 standard tip (300baht), buggy £15, return travel for 4 (2000 baht) +£12, Club hire £12 = £74, buggy is optional at some places, can be shared at others and compulsory at most. 

Go with a bar and you may have an entry fee and other bits to pay,

Archived