IGNORED

Posting Photos

sexy beast

Seeing photos within the forum is great, but it would be appreciated if you could resize them before

uploading! 800 x 600 is a good size.

There are many ways to resize photos, so members who already resize please tell everyone what software

you use?

I use picasa2

For those using the basic Microsoft Office Tools, there is Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

The first thing I do is to copy the pictures I want to post into an empty directory as I do not want to overwrite my originals.

Open your picture and check its attributes by selecting

Picture | Compress (The filesize is shown at the bottom right)

The default resolution for my camera is 2048 x 1536 and the pics usually have a file size of around 1.5Mb. If you post a photoshoot for a TR or a party, it is easy to upload 10 or so pictures and 15Mb will kill the bandwidth on slow connections.

For my posts, I simply compress the picture to 448 x 336 (Compress for Web Pages) and the file size is reduced to under 100kb. This means that my pictures load in 1/15 of the time and they are still good enough for onscreen viewing in my opinion.

If you want somewhere in between

Picture | Compress (Compress for documents) and click OK which takes the filesize down from 1.5Mb to around 400 - 500kb, then File | Save.

Then Picture | Resize (Predefined width & height) and select Document - Small (800 x 600) and click OK which takes the filesize down from 400 - 500kb to around 250 - 300kb.

OR

Then Picture | Resize (Predefined width & height) and select Web - Largel (640 x 480) and click OK which takes the filesize down from 400 - 500kb to around 175 - 225kb.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Newbie question

I have been trying to learn the ropes on the board and post pics as well but I have been having problems. Example, I would like to show more than 3 pics at a time. I think I understand how to manage the photos but my usable space is only 200k. How can I get more? When I delet the pic to upload more all my previous posted pics are gone.

Test

This was a pic of a chick I met in Bangkok

DSC00682.JPG

Better Pic

DSC00654.JPG

This was a earlier trip to LA CAFE in Manila

DSC00505.JPG

Now I only have a 1.26k space that I can use to post any pics, and as you know thats good for nothing. Just would like to do my part and contribute to the board as I plan to take a trip to Pattaya this Aug and would like to share.

Lakeside

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Seeing photos within the forum is great, but it would be appreciated if you could resize them before

uploading! 800 x 600 is a good size.

There are many ways to resize photos, so members who already resize please tell everyone what software

you use?

I use picasa2

Use Microsoft picture manager that comes with Office, but if you don't have that, here's a list of free editors:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbase...reephotoedw.htm

• 2 weeks later...

I've experienced the following problem. Please use this link as a reference.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/I-m-d...482#entry175482

Near the bottom of this link, I've attached a photo. My problem is that the photo only comes up as a link. The photo does not display. I don't get it and I'm sure there is something that explains this process, but I can't find it.

Can you assist because I can't figure this out? I tried to use the insert icon link. It asks for a url, but the photo is on my hard drive. I know know the photo is within proper size. It's not too big so I don't know.

Thx

Edited by arbiez

• 3 months later...

I've posted photos successfully before. I know how to resize them if necessary.

However now when I try to post a photo it shows I have already used 179k of my 200k allowance for attachments. But I haven't attached anything to the post yet?

Why is this?

I've posted photos successfully before. I know how to resize them if necessary.

However now when I try to post a photo it shows I have already used 179k of my 200k allowance for attachments. But I haven't attached anything to the post yet?

Why is this?

As a member you only have 200k all together, it counts previous photo's posted.

I'll up you to Trusted Member based on your posts and that will give you more space

As a member you only have 200k all together, it counts previous photo's posted.

I'll up you to Trusted Member based on your posts and that will give you more space

Cheers. Much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Easiest re-sizer I've found is MS ImageResizer. It's free, only 521kb and can be downloaded HERE That's a direct download link

Just select however many pics you wanna resize,

Right click, select "Resize Pictures"

Select from the different sizes available "Medium (fits a 800 x 600 screen)" is preferable

In the "Advanced" option you can select "Resize the original pictures (don't create copies)"

Click "Ok" and that's it, doesn't come any simpler, takes a few seconds

As an example, a 2.47mb pic I just did became this 95kb one. Took less than a second and the quality is fine for the web

post-15243-1208167029.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, forgot to mention it was for XP

The pic's from Angeles

[/quote

I have my heart set on going to Pattaya big time...I am definitely going probably in peak season next year. I am trying to get something planned early however and would really like to go with some of my buddies. As of now they said they might be interested, but you know how that goes. They don't think about it and forget and never end up going. I need to sell them on the idea because they don't have the enthusiasm i do.

Anyways where can i get more pictures like this....this was a really good one..let me know, id apreciate it.

Damn, Tezz ... maybe I ought to move to AC instead of Patts! What do you think???

• 5 weeks later...

I use photo resize magic. Quick easy and free.

"I don't know why I did it; I don't know why I enjoyed it and I don't know why I'll do it again" Bart Simpson.

Even dirty old men need love.

It's Better to have loved and lost than to have to live with the PSYCHO for the rest of your life!!

• 1 month later...

the best tool on the internet for

resizing

cropping

changing formates from jpg to bitmap etc

and many other devices

is ACDC

you can resize in single and batches of fotos/images

• 1 month later...

yes, it works very well here

DON'T EVER NOT FINISH A BOTTLE OF BOURBON AND DON'T EVER TURN DOWN A FREE GO GO GIRL

• 2 months later...

testing........this is a girl i meet in nana nep in BKK

August_2008_013.JPG