IGNORED

Epson Stylus TX111 Printer for sale

how122255

Epson Stylus TX111 Printer for sale . Works good. Never used very much. Some of the ink levels are low and will need to be replaced. I am located near Big-C Extra on Pattaya Klang (Central Pattaya). Asking 1400 baht or near offer.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a idea, which I never tried, to drill a small hole into the plastic ink cartage and then you could refill the ink cartage using much cheaper large ink bottles, injected with a needle...A small drop of rubber glue would close the hole and give you a future injection port.... I think that would work but I don't have any need for a printer anymore so I never tried it...

I had a idea, which I never tried, to drill a small hole into the plastic ink cartage and then you could refill the ink cartage using much cheaper large ink bottles, injected with a needle...A small drop of rubber glue would close the hole and give you a future injection port.... I think that would work but I don't have any need for a printer anymore so I never tried it...

Refill companines do this all the time and there are plenty of posts about it.  Works.

Why? Epson already sells "L" series printers in Thailand. They work pretty well if you aren't after photo quality prints.

Why? Epson already sells "L" series printers in Thailand. They work pretty well if you aren't after photo quality prints.

Thanks...I just trying to clean up my cluttered room.

I understand.  I threw one out last year ... replaced it with a couple of Epson L210s - one for home, one in my office.  The savings in ink costs over the TX111 are huge.  

I rarely print anything these days...Just the occasional passport/visa stuff...I think it is easier to go to the copy store and pay 50 satang per page.

Anything that doesn't sell you could consider donating to the Father Ray Foundation or Baan Jing Jai.

If I can't sell it,  I just let it sit where it has been for the last several years.  I can use it in a few months to make a few passport copies  for my visa renewal. 

Anything that doesn't sell you could consider donating to the Father Ray Foundation or Baan Jing Jai.

I usually give a cash donation to Father Ray. They do great work and giving cash allows them to buy what they really need .

I usually give a cash donation to Father Ray. They do great work and giving cash allows them to buy what they really need .

Fair enough, good for you sir. (and good for them too)

The problem is the ink for that particular printer costs a fortune.  IIRC, it was around 1,300 Baht for a box of 4 cartridges so you wouldn't really be doing anyone any favours.

The problem is the ink for that particular printer costs a fortune.  IIRC, it was around 1,300 Baht for a box of 4 cartridges so you wouldn't really be doing anyone any favours.

Yeah, I read that earlier in the thread.

I thought maybe they could sell it on but I see your point.

Yes, the expensive ink is a problem if your making a lot of copies... I am open to a offer on my price.

Refill companines do this all the time and there are plenty of posts about it.  Works.

I have had  three Epson printers with 4 cartridges and evidently they cannot be refiled like most other makes can.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I have had  three Epson printers with 4 cartridges and evidently they cannot be refiled like most other makes can.

That's why I had the idea of drilling and small hole...The plastic on my cartridges is very thick and hard. No way to just push a needle through...I considered closing the drill hole with some rubberized glue.

Not wanna be an ass but this printer was new just over 2k Bht including ink cartridges

so trying to sell it 3/4 years old with almost empty cartridges for 1400Bht won't work . 

500Bht would be more realistic . 

Why not just donate it free to some Thai kid. Just changed my printer similar to this but more modern with ink cartridges on the side, (modification), going spare. Had an old desktop in the storeroom so paid 500 baht to have it checked and cleaned then gave the pair to one of my cleaners for her grandchild. Don't want to be bothered, just hand it over to a cleaner or security where you live and they will recycle it. 

he's advertising it on another board as well . attention seeking

any holes a goal

he's advertising it on another board as well . attention seeking

Why that matters, I don't really know. I was trying to get additional advertising exposure. I'm guessing that You also have accounts at other boards too, which I don't think is against any board rules.

Archived