IGNORED

VEGGIE FOOD?

HI just wanted to know is vegeterian foods widely available in restaurants etc or do you have to go to certain places/markets etc?

Yes veggie food is widely available in most restaurants.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

HI just wanted to know is vegeterian foods widely available in restaurants etc or do you have to go to certain places/markets etc?

One place I know of is on South Pattaya road and 3rd road intersection, it's called 5 star vegetarian food.

Other than that try the villa super market for something you can "create" to eat.

Most places are for meat eaters and you need to explain how the food has to be without animal ect.

You should be able to find more info with a search as I remember this question being asked a few times.

IMG_0647iu.jpg

IMG_0646p.jpg

• 11 months later...

I wasn't sure if I should have started this as a new noobie topic, but this thread was the best I found searching for vegetarian. Cool news that there will be at least one place to eat where I won't need to worry too much. :)

I found some credit size cards at http://www.selectwisely.com/ that translate dietary restrictions from one language to another. I bought a set focused on Thailand, so they have little tiny print in English, and big print in Central Thai. With any luck, they'll help. Thai is one of their standard stock languages, so you can get any of the cards pretty quickly if you're going from English to Thai.

You can also get them to cover food allergies, medical emergencies, and so on. Fortunately for me, I don't have any discovered food allergies at this point, so the worst in my case would be a sour stomach, and a worse case of the runs. But, there are more than a few people who'd be in a bad way eating nuts, or shellfish... Maybe this could help.

There are plenty of veggies in the Markets.

DSC00087.JPG

DSC00089.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

DSC00038.JPG

There are very few vegetarians in Thailand so you will have to be careful. Some of the Indian places have vegetarian food. I guess it also depends how strict you are. If you don't mind the pan frying pork one minute and then only vegetables the next you will be fine

• 2 years later...

Good selection of fruits in parking lot behing Mike Shopping Mall. I used to get big bags of cashews in Mike at store by the back door but they rearranged the furniture just like WalMart does every 6 months. I think I still got them last time there.....can't remember. My hotel had the big breakfast buffet included and I would load up pretty good for most of the rest of the day.