IGNORED

.. PROPER BBQ PIT (Smoker) - Weber Kettle Smoker Knock-off

brutox

Not sure, think I must have a virus in my computer. Any other ideas?

Edit: I can't even edit them out.

Edit 2: Hm, seems only to happen in Firefox. Posting from Chrome now.

I thought it was wok related... :GoldenSmile1:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

overall the cook came out pretty good. i got a little to drunk and left the ribs in the foil too long..they were totally falling off the bone, which made for good eating but i would have liked for them to have a bit of pull to them. My roommate picked up some potato salad and onion rings and we had ourselves a nice little Saturday night dinner. Next time I will start with less charcoal and cook at a lower temp throughout. I used the same amount of charcoal as i use in the winter and my smoker was a bit too hot. They were some good ribs though..next time a little less charcoal and 15 mins less in the foil.

IMG_3071.JPG

for the weber kettle clones, you can just use the snake method to get it to the proper temperature.

I can use one chimney of coals to do a 12 hour cook.

• 3 weeks later...

I lived in the Darkside before and i really miss my grill. Now in condo and i have ricecooker and induktion cooker. No oven or grill of cause. When i looking Mr. Expatdude picks i get very hungry. Whole topic is so mouth watering. I just wanna print the fotos and eat them, as subtitut.

Mr.Expatdude why not start the business?

I am ready to buy!

555, I've thought about it. :) I may have a girl coming to live with me--but she says she doesn't like selling things. Too bad.

Made my best batch ever last night. Just scrumptious.

The ribs look great but as with all ribs here i have seen here most have too many shiners

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

The ribs look great but as with all ribs here i have seen here most have too many shiners

*zing*

That one flew right over my head. I have no idea what that means.

Sorry racks of ribs where the bones can be seen are known as shiners not much meat covering them. See A Lot of those here in SEA.

babydollsaddict.gif

bout 50 days till i get there for 50 day stay..cant wait!!!!!!! mailed my passport to los angeles so i don't have to do a visa run, makes me nervous. kinda going crazy currently, i feel like running around my living room in a circle motor boating the air. Really nice in oakland today..but the A's keep losing.

Sorry racks of ribs where the bones can be seen are known as shiners not much meat covering them. See A Lot of those here in SEA.

Got it. The pork here in Thailand is different--the pigs aren't as big or fat methinks. Also the cut they sell is different--no St. Louis rib cuts here. Mostly they come in a full rack. I get them at Makro and have them cut the specific part I like, so it's different than in the States, but still very nice. I guess what I get is kind of a combo of a St Louis ribs and babyback. The St Louis' can be a bit 'shiny,' but the babyback part isn't and it's all scrumptious. Might have to have you over sometime to prove my point.

They looked great

babydollsaddict.gif

Have you ever bought Kurobuta pork. Origin Japan. More fat and meat. Availabe in Bic-C, former Carrefour.

I've seen that. I'll give it another gander next I'm there.

• 1 month later...

True Value on Sukhumvit has charcoal chimney starters at 800 baht or so. You can also use the Tao charcoal burner that's available all over at about 100 baht.

For those long bbqs, home pro sells a charcoal briquette that lasts about 1 hour (backpacker brand) - have 4 in a row & you have a very long low source of heat. They also have bags of charcoal in reasonable sizes.

Coconut shells for smoking are available at Lazada. http://www.lazada.co.th/blackdragon-bbq-charcoal-cubes-3-kg-506642.html

Archived