Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The A-One Pattaya Royal Cruise Hotel

HulaHula85

DSC_0008.JPG

Just got back from 2 weeks in pattaya, was the best time I have ever had in my life. Did many things i've never done and experienced things i've only dreamed of.

My friend Rob and I arrived on the 8th at noon In bangkok and hopped in a limo to head for pattaya. Arrived at the A-One around 1330 and were immediately greeted by the smiling bellboys that snatched our luggage and ushered us through the front door.

DSC_0034.JPG

The reception staff was very friendly, and were ready with my room keys and other information. They weren't very good at english, but could get the message across efficiently enough. I had reserved 2 deluxe rooms, and we were shown to them where our luggage was waiting. The rooms were well stocked and had very good air conditioning. Bathrooms were clean and had complete showers and bathtubs.

The rooms were a bit much with the "going overboard" on the cruise ship theme, but had comfortable beds and very good on-call service.DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

Broadband internet was available in-room free of charge, however the television only had 8 channels to choose from (not like I spent much time watching TV)

2 Pools to choose from, but good luck finding a lounge chair after 9 AM. Also the pools closed at 6 to prepare for the EXPENSIVE barbecue.

DSC_0053.JPG

3 Restaurants were on location, all open until midnight, but all still VERY expensive when compared to the local hot spot restaurants around pattaya. Average price for a dish was 250B, drinks ranged from 80B for a soda to 190B for a bottled beer.

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

NOW ON TO THE IMPORTANT STUFF!!!

The hotel is VERY "Guest Friendly".....as long as you have only 1 girl at a time with her ID checked in. More than 1 girl at any time per room will incur a 1000B charge for every extra girl. The front desk and security treats the girls with the utmost respect, and although at time they may seem like they smile through gritted teeth, are still very friendly with you. Security will follow you to your room to ensure there are no problems, and do it with a smile every night.

PRICES

Only the rooms in the New Wing are usually available, the old wing is usually reserved for the tour groups and conventions. I took a look at the old wing rooms, don't even bother if they offer them to you.

Deluxe room New Wing is 2400B a night

Superior Room New Wing is 2600B a night (Only rooms next to suites that have sea views, all others have side views of the other hotels in the area)

Even being the start of the low season, many of the rooms were booked, so there weren't many choices.

NOW HERE IS A LITTLE GIFT I RECEIVED FROM A RECEPTIONIST FOR CERTAIN ACTIVITIES PERFORMED

We were upgraded for our last 4 days of our stay at the hotel to the Royal Suite 2 Bedroom, the BIGGEST room they had in the hotel

Included a deluxe room on one side, followed by the living room with HUGE LCD tv and bar, Outside seaview balcony with sun chairs, and the royal bedroom with BIG bed and jacuzzi bathtub.

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

A very nice room, but all it was was a room, nothing more. Good for some fun times and sleep, but that was it.

NOW here's the KILLER!!

This room, with NO benefits for getting it, cost 18000B a night!!!!!

Luckily I wasn't paying so it didn't cause me to skip a breath.

NOW ON TO THE CONS OF THE hotel!!

THE TOURISTS!!!!

Way too many Russians, Koreans, and other whatnots littering the hotel. I had rented a CBR1000RR for tooling around pattaya, and every time I started it up in the parking lot the koreans would swarm over to it and ask if they could have their pictures taken sitting on it. The Russians would just crowd the entire downstairts lobby and restaurants, and try to pick up your girl from you as you walked through. A drunken lot of them were always in the hallways, and you had to keep a fist tightened just in case one of them wanted to get smart.

THE MONEY!!!!

EVERYTHING you would have to pay for. The security guards would almost ask for a tip when you took your girl past them up the elevator, and room service was also very demanding, saying they would rather you paid your bill in cash on the spot, rather than charge it to the room. Bigger tip for them I guess they thought.

Average price for 2 people to eat at one of the restaurants?

1600B!!! I could pay for 5 people to eat more food at the Fra Pattaya restaurant off of Walking Street with that money!

Don't EVEN think about touching the minibar!! I paid 15,300B for drinks my girl and I drank from the fridge, and believe me it was not a nice conversation with the hotel staff about the bill.

VERY GENERIC SERVICE!!!!

Sure it's a Very nice hotel, but for the price you would expect better service for the money you pay. The house cleaning was quick and efficient, but were extremely stingy on extra items such as pillows, towels, and toilet paper. Overall the service level was subpar, and I chock it up to the large amount of tourists that flock through and overwhelm the staff.

MY OVERALL OPINION??

A good hotel to stay at if you're a generic deep-pocketed tourist. IF your a sexpat or simple person, do what I did and move down the street to the Sabai Inn! The A-One is a nice place, but your money is better spent on other activities. It was a nice stay, but I cannot endorse the hotel nor can I recommend it to anyone on this forum.

Happy stays in Pattaya my Friends, just stay away from this hotel if you're looking to save some Baht!

If Any of you would like more pics, i'll gladly post them in short order

Cheers!

DSC_0046.JPG

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

มีคนเป็นล้านคน ช่างไร้เหตผลุจริงๆ ที่เราเจอà¸à¸±à¸™

Thanks fo the report & pic's good stuff

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

Nice! This is the first time that I have read a review about this mysterious boat. But could you please resize your pics? It took me 15 minutes on a 6 mb broadband connection to get the page loaded!

171_26699125246dae358678c9.gif

Yeah Sorry about that, first time posting pics and wasn't sure If I was supposed to resize them or if it was automatic

For help or advice with Vehicle Inspections and Repair anywhere in Thailand, send me a PM!

I've walked down Soi 3 past th eside of this place many times and wondered about it.

Don't think it's going to be on my list of places to stay though. That first pic looks more like a prison than a hotel and I think the nautical 'theme' would piss me off after a couple of nights.

Thanks for the time and effort to post. Without these reports, I'd still be wondering.

cracking review! thanks for putting so much effort in!

Cheers!

yes please

Hi,

Always like the look of that hotel, but have heard about the tour groups. Very nice photos and one seems like you are actually sailing into the sea across Beach Road. Sure it is a good option for some and I wouldn't mind a stay there if money was more plentiful.

No man is a hero to his valet.

You only have to look at the piece of land opposite to see many coaches parked,or maybe there is a new hotel built there now ,they seem to mushroom in Pattaya now

Noticed the twin beds, is this normal in all rooms,if so what a bummer!

yeah Twin beds in there...on ROLLERS

so when you're done with the night's fun....yeah one bed's in the bathroom, the other bed is halfway out the balcony.

When I went to the Sabai Inn they had a REDICULOUSLY large bed in the rooms. Could take 6 people comfortably laying next to each other.

Thanks for warning! I never want to stay there! Well, now I have my own House(the best choice I done in my life!!), but thanks for warning my friends. :Amen:

• 4 weeks later...

very good post i think you picked a good hotel sabai inn i think that is one of the best hotels for the money there and very friendly

Quality review and picks mate. Thanks for taking the time!

Talking of separate beds on rollers...hehehehe..I had my first experience in an OK middle class hotel in Amsterdam. In the middle of everything I fell in between the beds. heheheee.

Anyway..great picks and an informative review.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the pics. I walked by it several times and always wondered. For those prices, I would rather stay at the Marriot in Bangkok. Thanks for the pics.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

I guess you will be safe if a tsunami hits Pattaya. Look s decent ...... good review I like to stay close to WS in fact Diamond Beach hotel is for me cant get much closer than that.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

• 4 weeks later...
post-2200-1174594186_thumbjpg

Just got back from 2 weeks in pattaya, was the best time I have ever had in my life. Did many things i've never done and experienced things i've only dreamed of.

My friend Rob and I arrived on the 8th at noon In bangkok and hopped in a limo to head for pattaya. Arrived at the A-One around 1330 and were immediately greeted by the smiling bellboys that snatched our luggage and ushered us through the front door.

post-2200-1174593555_thumbjpg

The reception staff was very friendly, and were ready with my room keys and other information. They weren't very good at english, but could get the message across efficiently enough. I had reserved 2 deluxe rooms, and we were shown to them where our luggage was waiting. The rooms were well stocked and had very good air conditioning. Bathrooms were clean and had complete showers and bathtubs.

The rooms were a bit much with the "going overboard" on the cruise ship theme, but had comfortable beds and very good on-call service.post-2200-1174593977_thumbjpg

post-2200-1174594400_thumbjpg

post-2200-1174594665_thumbjpg

post-2200-1174594946_thumbjpg

post-2200-1174595925_thumbjpg

Broadband internet was available in-room free of charge, however the television only had 8 channels to choose from (not like I spent much time watching TV)

2 Pools to choose from, but good luck finding a lounge chair after 9 AM. Also the pools closed at 6 to prepare for the EXPENSIVE barbecue.

post-2200-1174595245_thumbjpg

3 Restaurants were on location, all open until midnight, but all still VERY expensive when compared to the local hot spot restaurants around pattaya. Average price for a dish was 250B, drinks ranged from 80B for a soda to 190B for a bottled beer.

post-2200-1174595610_thumbjpg

post-2200-1174599900_thumbjpg

NOW ON TO THE IMPORTANT STUFF!!!

The Hotel is VERY "Guest Friendly".....as long as you have only 1 girl at a time with her ID checked in. More than 1 girl at any time per room will incur a 1000B charge for every extra girl. The front desk and security treats the girls with the utmost respect, and although at time they may seem like they smile through gritted teeth, are still very friendly with you. Security will follow you to your room to ensure there are no problems, and do it with a smile every night.

PRICES

Only the rooms in the New Wing are usually available, the old wing is usually reserved for the tour groups and conventions. I took a look at the old wing rooms, don't even bother if they offer them to you.

Deluxe room New Wing is 2400B a night

Superior Room New Wing is 2600B a night (Only rooms next to suites that have sea views, all others have side views of the other hotels in the area)

Even being the start of the low season, many of the rooms were booked, so there weren't many choices.

NOW HERE IS A LITTLE GIFT I RECEIVED FROM A RECEPTIONIST FOR CERTAIN ACTIVITIES PERFORMED

We were upgraded for our last 4 days of our stay at the hotel to the Royal Suite 2 Bedroom, the BIGGEST room they had in the hotel

Included a deluxe room on one side, followed by the living room with HUGE LCD tv and bar, Outside seaview balcony with sun chairs, and the royal bedroom with BIG bed and jacuzzi bathtub.

post-2200-1174596381_thumbjpg

post-2200-1174597466_thumbjpg

post-2200-1174597689_thumbjpg

post-2200-1174598431_thumbjpg

A very nice room, but all it was was a room, nothing more. Good for some fun times and sleep, but that was it.

NOW here's the KILLER!!

This room, with NO benefits for getting it, cost 18000B a night!!!!!

Luckily I wasn't paying so it didn't cause me to skip a breath.

NOW ON TO THE CONS OF THE HOTEL!!

THE TOURISTS!!!!

Way too many Russians, Koreans, and other whatnots littering the hotel. I had rented a CBR1000RR for tooling around pattaya, and every time I started it up in the parking lot the koreans would swarm over to it and ask if they could have their pictures taken sitting on it. The Russians would just crowd the entire downstairts lobby and restaurants, and try to pick up your girl from you as you walked through. A drunken lot of them were always in the hallways, and you had to keep a fist tightened just in case one of them wanted to get smart.

THE MONEY!!!!

EVERYTHING you would have to pay for. The security guards would almost ask for a tip when you took your girl past them up the elevator, and room service was also very demanding, saying they would rather you paid your bill in cash on the spot, rather than charge it to the room. Bigger tip for them I guess they thought.

Average price for 2 people to eat at one of the restaurants?

1600B!!! I could pay for 5 people to eat more food at the Fra Pattaya restaurant off of walking street with that money!

Don't EVEN think about touching the minibar!! I paid 15,300B for drinks my girl and I drank from the fridge, and believe me it was not a nice conversation with the hotel staff about the bill.

VERY GENERIC SERVICE!!!!

Sure it's a Very nice hotel, but for the price you would expect better service for the money you pay. The house cleaning was quick and efficient, but were extremely stingy on extra items such as pillows, towels, and toilet paper. Overall the service level was subpar, and I chock it up to the large amount of tourists that flock through and overwhelm the staff.

MY OVERALL OPINION??

A good hotel to stay at if you're a generic deep-pocketed tourist. IF your a sexpat or simple person, do what I did and move down the street to the Sabai Inn! The A-One is a nice place, but your money is better spent on other activities. It was a nice stay, but I cannot endorse the hotel nor can I recommend it to anyone on this forum.

Happy stays in Pattaya my Friends, just stay away from this hotel if you're looking to save some Baht!

Cheers!

post-2200-1174600149_thumbjpg

hi there

i'm thinking of booking to stay here next month...

couple of questions for you if you don't mind....

1. it's appears to be guest friendly, which is good news.......did you book a room for single occupancy or did you have to book double accupancy for them to be guest friendly without charging a joining fee?

2. ....what did you have to do to get the receptionist to upgrade you to the suite?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, but DON"T go to the A-one

you can book for single occupancy, and they do allow one guest per night for no additional charge. It's 1000 Baht if you're getting frisky with a couple girls.

Swoon the receptionist, take her to dinner at vittorio's pizzeria on beach street, then take her to the penthouse hotel and screw her brains out....

• 6 months later...

Just a bump to keep this topic active for those interested in the hotel!

• 3 months later...

good reviw man, myself stayed there in aug 2007 for 3 nights. very clean and comfortable hotel.

But its a tourist trap....not value for money and i was asked for 900b joiner fee with the the first girl.

Fantastic review.

Great photos.

I always like BM's to post on up about hotels and apartments as it helps a lot of us with new plans and ideas for future trips.

Great report so a big thank you.

The hotel looks dam nice and I have been past it but never inside it, I did see the profile of the people staying there.

More than I pay for the norm in Pattaya but great rooms and the pool and location sure is cool.

Cheers

Thai Tony.

• 1 month later...

Stayed at the A-One in June and I would say it is NOT "Girl Friendly"

Was charged 1000bht for taking 1 girl back to hotel, and this was not an isolated case as I asked several other people in the hotel and they were also charged the same for 1 girl.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the review.

now I know I wont be staying there, even if I could afford it :-)

YNWASkål!

http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace-Countdown-Clocks&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/23.jpg&text=I%27m%20back%20in%20Pattaya%2C%0Dwhere%20you%20never%20walk%20alone%20%3A%2D%29&untilColor=16777215&textColor=16711731&datesColor=0&year=2016&month=0&day=9&hour=11&minute=00&second=33&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

MySpace-Countdown-Clocks