IGNORED

Significance of day of birth

In many temples in Thailand you will notice a row of 8 Buddha images in a row. These signify each day of the week and more specifically to when someone is born. There are 8 as Wednesday is divided into day and night with a Buddha image for each. Apparently it is very unlucky to be born on Wednesday night.

Also the Thais believe that your day of birth dictates your character and what days and colours are luck and unlucky. People born on a particular day are more suited to some profession thatnothers.

Anyway I went for a walk up Pattaya Hill and to the small temple near the radio station. I took photos of each of the images and did a little research and here are the results. The colour listed is that day's particular colour.

Sunday

Colour: Red

Character: respectable, carefree, wise, and beloved by both friends and relatives

Profession: manager, official, doctor, trader, craftsman

Very lucky day: Wednesday

Very lucky colour: green

Lucky day: Tuesday

Lucky colour: pink

Unlucky day: Friday

Unlucky colour: blue

Buddha image: restraint

IMGP0620_800.jpg

Monday

Colour: Yellow

Character: good memory, serious, love to travel

Profession: trader, doctor, nurse, fisherman

Very lucky day: Saturday

Very lucky colour: black

Lucky day: Wednesday (day)

Lucky colour: green

Unlucky day: Sunday

Unlucky colour: orange

Buddha image: making peace

IMGP0621_800.jpg

Tuesday

Colour: Pink

Character: brave, active, broad and serious mind

Profession: policeman, soldier, chemist,

Very lucky day: Thursday

Very lucky colour: yellow

Lucky day: Saturday

Lucky colour: black

Unlucky day: Monday

Unlucky colour: white

Buddha image: reclining

IMGP0622_800.jpg

Wednesday day

Colour: Green

Character: ambitious, gregarious, fun loving

Profession: banker, singer, musician, artist, designer

Very lucky day: Wednesday (night)

Very lucky colour: light green

Lucky day: Thursday

Lucky colour: yellow

Unlucky day: Tuesday

Unlucky colour: pink

Buddha image: holding the alms-bowl

IMGP0623_800.jpg

Wednesday night

Colour: Light Green

Character: hard working, diligent, honest

Profession: writer, poet, doctor, scientist, actor, archaeologist

Very lucky day: Monday

Very lucky colour: white

Lucky day: Sunday

Lucky colour: orange

Unlucky day: Thursday

Unlucky colour: yellow

Buddha image: the blessed one

IMGP0627_800.jpg

Thursday

Colour: Orange

Character: good heart, graceful, tranquil, honest

Profession: judge, lawyer, teacher, clergyman

Very lucky day: Sunday

Very lucky colour: orange

Lucky day: Friday

Lucky colour: blue

Unlucky day: Saturday

Unlucky colour: black

Buddha image: meditation

IMGP0624_800.jpg

Friday

Colour: Blue

Character: ambitious, gregarious, fun loving

Profession: banker, singer, musician, artist, designer

Very lucky day: Tuesday

Very lucky colour: pink

Lucky day: Monday

Lucky colour: white

Unlucky day: Wednesday (night)

Unlucky colour: light green

Buddha image: contemplation

IMGP0625_800.jpg

Saturday

Colour: Purple

Character: logical, tranquil, reclusive

Profession: agriculturist, constructor, miner, bailiff

Very lucky day: Friday

Very lucky colour: blue

Lucky day: Wednesday (night)

Lucky colour: light green

Unlucky day: Wednesday (day

Unlucky colour: green

Buddha image: protection

IMGP0626_800.jpg

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Scumbag, you've excelled yourself this time. I didn't know most of this before. Thanks. :P

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Thanks for that insight into the significance of the images and their corrolation to the days. Always good to know stuff like this, especially when accompanying the girls to the temple.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

This is the best post Ive ever read on PA.

Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P:D :D :Bravo1: :Bravo1: :Bravo1: :Bravo1: :Bravo1: :Bravo1: :Bravo1: :Bravo1: :Bravo1: :Bravo1: :Bravo1:

Man scumbag you have been too long in patts if you are doing posts like this............i mean it's informative but ?? you must be bored.....lol.

Man scumbag you have been too long in patts if you are doing posts like this............i mean it's informative but ?? you must be bored.....lol.

A great post i think, it taught me something unlike so many others.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Yes, I ws a bit bored that day and just had to get out and do something. It was sunny and I wanted to get some photos while the sun was out. It was very hot that day and I sweated like a fat chick.

Just as a side note you will notice that Monday's colour is yellow. No prizes for guessing why the Thais wear yellow on Mondays to show respect for the king. Same goes for Blue on Fridays for the Queen.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Thanks scummypants, the girls always ask us what day we were born when we're near these statues and when i say i dont know, they are amazed!

Yes, I ws a bit bored that day and just had to get out and do something. It was sunny and I wanted to get some photos while the sun was out. It was very hot that day and I sweated like a fat chick.

Just as a side note you will notice that Monday's colour is yellow. No prizes for guessing why the Thais wear yellow on Mondays to show respect for the king. Same goes for Blue on Fridays for the queen.

a girl i was with took me to that temple. we gave some baht, did the monk blessing thing, he splashed cold water on me, gave the donation to the orphans, etc.

im still wearing the yellow band he put on me. & that was august 07. had no idea the significance of it at all, so i just looked up my b-day. monday! score! :P

Edited by 17hrs2freedom

I've made the same guided tour to Wat Prathamnak with my TG and she explained to me the relevance to be born on a

specific day. That was kind of a eye opener to me because many girls had asked me before on which day I was born

and I never new why that was important for them. Thai culture is in many ways so different than the western world.

Thanks for an interesting thread.

Pattaya: You can checkout any time you like - but you can never leave - Eagles

good stuff. one of the girls took me to see big buddha, and I did not know my day of birth. Now it is interesting...

Great stuff--thanks a lot. Very interesting.

bolly

Edited by bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Great post, I've been asked this before but misunterstood the question, now I know it's Thursday.

PS you can look up the day here

Good work poof. I knew about the days being symbolised with the different Buddah's, but wow.....Im gonna go and become a fisherman.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

• 3 weeks later...

It strikes me that Wednesday and Friday have the same characteristics here.

sinclair1969: a fuckin' degenerate gambler.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

I was just up there a few weeks ago and was wondering what those were all about.

Thanks for the info!

Also, I was luckily born on a Monday :P

Edited by Femme Fatale

When is it my turn in the barrel?

Ok, so I was born on a Monday, is any day considered to be better or more desired than the others? Is Monday only considered lucky because the King was also born on a Monday?

As it happens I’m also a Virgo, which has to be the worst star sign. Really, a perfectionist neat freak, anal tendencies, and apparently conservative. Tremendous.

So I’m nailing it in Thailand and crap elsewhere.

Onto the plane….

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

Ok, so I was born on a Monday, is any day considered to be better or more desired than the others? Is Monday only considered lucky because the King was also born on a Monday?

As it happens I’m also a Virgo, which has to be the worst star sign. Really, a perfectionist neat freak, anal tendencies, and apparently conservative. Tremendous.

So I’m nailing it in Thailand and crap elsewhere.

Onto the plane….

Plenty of BM's around here to help you on your quest...........................where's my damn whistling smiley?

When is it my turn in the barrel?

thanks scumbag for the info. iknew about the kings/monday/yellow connection but nothing else.being an amateur vedic astrologer myself,ifound the info very interesting & surprisingly all things mentioned match closely.anyway thanks again.

i love pattaya

If you want to see the figures you don't have to go up the hill, although it is worth it for the view. There is another set of them in the wat on South Pattaya Road. They are next to the wall that runs along-side South Pattaya Road and very easy to find. See the photo for the location.

wat.jpg

:rolleyes:

I was born on a Tuesday. Another thing that I found out a while ago was that I was that I was born in the Chinese year of the horse and my wife was born in the year of the tiger which apparently is good because we go together really well.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005