IGNORED

Jeffer Steak

After just eating Thai grub for almost 2 months I thought it was time to try something more western, like a steak or two!

I always wanted to test the new "Jeffer Steak" in Royal Garden Plaza at their Second Rd entrance.

What I understand it's a Thai-owned fastfood joint, but with western dishes at Thai prices.

http://jeffersteak.com/index.html

They have a very extensive menu, with lots of different steaks, and you can "build" your own meal after your wishes!

Like a Thai version of "Sizzler", but cheaper.

I had a combo with Beef Steak & Signature Pepper Pork for 184 baht, and added a small green salad for 15 baht and a big Lemon Shake for 39 baht.

I later saw that I actually could have had a free choice of either French Fries, Onion Rings or Fried Rice, so will remember that til next time!

They cook the steak after your whishes.

I'm no expert, but the steaks tasted excellent to me, especially the Pepper Pork that was thick, soft and juicy and almost melted in my mouth!

Very few people have discovered this place yet, so very quiet and relaxing!

They have seats on two floors, upper floor is all along the windows that faces Second Rd.

Although it's been open for a while, they still haven't finished the new signs outside, so it's very easy to miss it!

The old signs says "Wine Village", and they do have wines to order on the menu as well!

Worth checking out!

Plahgat

Jeffer Steak 1.jpg

Jeffer Steak 2.jpg

Jeffer Steak 3.jpg

Jeffer Steak 4.jpg

When no money... she no give honey! 

looks decent may give it a try... do they have valet motorcycle parking? :GoldenSmile1:

I have never tried any other steak place in Pattaya except the Beefeater, so I don't have much to compare to!

I like a big salad and have looked in Sizzlers menu, but seemed a bit expensive at 189 baht and most steaks are double or more in price compared to Jeffy Steak!

A big mix green salad in Jeffy Steak is only 79 baht!

The 15 baht salad I added to my steaks was only a small side dish though!

Plahgat

looks decent may give it a try... do they have valet motorcycle parking? :GoldenSmile1:

I think there is a parking lot under the RGP, so shouldn't be a problem, if Second Rd is full! :hello09:

Plahgat

I have never tried any other steak place in Pattaya except the Beefeater, so I don't have much to compare to!

I like a big salad and have looked in Sizzlers menu, but seemed a bit expensive at 189 baht and most steaks are double or more in price compared to Jeffy Steak!

A big mix green salad in Jeffy Steak is only 79 baht!

The 15 baht salad I added to my steaks was only a small side dish though!

It's because the scoff that Jeffer's sells is, to be polite, crap.  That's why the place is empty ... if it was half-decent, it would be full of Thais - but it's not.  They're all in Sizzler.

Looks like a similar set up to Santa Fe,hopefully it is better!

As a chain, it's just as bad, if not worse.  

It's because the scoff that Jeffer's sells is, to be polite, crap.  That's why the place is empty ... if it was half-decent, it would be full of Thais - but it's not.  They're all in Sizzler.

As a chain, it's just as bad, if not worse.  

Looking at their website they have 79 restaurants around Thailand, so they can't be doing that bad!?

I've always been a loner so the less people the better for me, and I'm not that fussy about food anyway! :wink:

Plahgat

179 baht for Beefsteak??? I will definetely try this place next time.

how bad can it be we will see

I used to eat often at the branch in Patong Phuket, used to have a salad bar to use if you ordered a main dish, but they stopped the salad bar, but the steak they do are not too bad

Tried it up in Nakhon Sawan back in January, and found it quite alright, like you said a cheaper version of Sizzler, but of course without the excellent salat bar, and the steaks are nowhere near the steakhouses around here (Beefeater ect.). I remember back in 2008 in Avenue they had a similar place like Jeffers, my wife and I loved called BKK Grill or something like that, but it didn't last for long.

179 baht for Beefsteak??? I will definetely try this place next time.

how bad can it be we will see

I think it's 109 baht for a beef steak alone!

Plahgat

I think it's 109 baht for a beef steak alone!

Plahgat

oh yes Beefsteak alone is 109...I think it is close to uncooked market price :)

I was in there last month-very busy for a tuesday evening mainly with BKK thai,s (according to my TGF) we both enjoyed the meal without it busting my pocket :GoldenSmile1:

Hi!

Couldn't resist any longer so had to give "Jeffer Steak"  another go for a light lunch today!

Ordered another combo this time with "Jeffrey's Spicy Chicken" (75 baht) & "Honey Mustard Pork" (75 baht) with Butter Rice(free) and

a Green Mixed Salad(79 baht) and my usual Lemon Shake(39 baht) for drink.

I was quite chocked when I saw the size of the plates when they brought in the food on my table,

but I still managed to eat everything til the last crumb!

It came down to a total of 286 baht including VAT, that is not bad!

Once again had a great meal, only thing I would have liked is maybe that they had some more condiments and spices on the table to choose from, like Olive oil and Vinager, maybe they will get some for you if you ask, I didn't so not sure.

Plahgat

Jeffer Steak 5.jpg

Jeffer Steak 6.jpg

Jeffer Steak 7.jpg

Gave this place a try yesterday , had the same main as the op onion rings

were free option , coke was 29 baht altogether 227 baht , obviously not up

to Beefeater standards but not bad for the price .

20150313_170629.jpg

Oh Man! this place seems very nice...green salad looks very fresh and portions are huge for the price

Only 1 thing I hate is this coleslaw type of salad given with steak...49baht ribs place gives it too...I hate it....Is there any option to change it with fries or something else???

Oh Man! this place seems very nice...green salad looks very fresh and portions are huge for the price

Only 1 thing I hate is this coleslaw type of salad given with steak...49baht ribs place gives it too...I hate it....Is there any option to change it with fries or something else???

This salad comes free with all the steak dishes I believe, you can only add another free side dish like onion rings or french fries or butter fried rice!

Personally I like cabbage in my salad and I think the dressing on top is the same you'll get with your green salad.

You can pay 15 baht extra and have it exchanged for a small green salad as I did on my first visit, then it comes without the cabbage, or simply don't eat the cabbage.

Plahgat

Pictures look great and a decent sized portion ,might be a daft question but is there a thai menu for a guest  or two?

Pictures look great and a decent sized portion ,might be a daft question but is there a thai menu for a guest  or two?

No, I think this restaurantchain is mainly for Thai people who wants to taste western food, or for westerners living in Thailand,

so except for Thai Salad/Som Tum, there are no special Thai dishes although they have a few mixed cuisine dishes on the otherwise extensive menu!

Here's another link to their menu:

http://jeffersteak.com/menu/index.php

Plahgat

Ok thanks .not to worry most thai girls/women  i know will happily tuck into a steak or two!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the review Plaghat, always enjoy your content! 

Many thanks for your report , I will defo give it a try on my next visit in a few weeks

I have been to all the main steak restaurants and had great meals but at a price , this looks a great cheaper option

• 1 month later...

I went today. About 150 baht for the meal and 39 baht for the kiwi shake. I liked it......

image.jpg

Archived