Just saw a brilliant program on Iplayer  - Storyville Rocking Cambodia: Rise of a Pop Diva, available for 28 days.

If you have any interest in Cambodia or SE Asia as it was, it's well worth watching, documentary about a Tasmanian(?) musician who meets a girl in a karaoke bar in Phnom Penh, forms a band with her as singer although neither can speak each other's language, marries her, they travel the world performing a bizarre but rocking update of the swinging sixties Cambodian scene.

It's filmed beautifully with classic village scenes and some poignant history as told by survivors of the Khmer Rouge and lots of film clips of the sixties film and music scene in Cambodia which the king imported from Europe

She becomes a diva, they're separated now but still working together, the band is great, called "Cambodian Space Project", lots of Flash Gordon type imagery mixed brilliantly with Khmer iconography, B52s meets Pen Ran meets Rockabilly

Funny as i just watched it yesterday on the beach in Sihanoukville ... absolutely worth watching . 

Sounds awesome...Thanks...I'll check it out. I already own some Camdodian Space Project albums and an EP. My fav western/Camdodian crossover band is Dengue Fever

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...