IGNORED

Any Israeli restaurant in Pattaya?

gopherbroke

I'm thinking of something like Shoshana, near Khao San Road in Bangkok. I suppose there must be some Middle Eastern restaurants, but I just wondered about one specifically aimed at Israeli dishes.

The Place on Soi Buaukow is the place. Full menu. 

https://foursquare.com/v/the-place--israeli-restaurant/4ef33be09a52fadb3461eb25

On the east side of the street not too far north of Pattaya Tai (but still a bit of a walk).

Across the street from the place down a soi is a basic stand for Israeli style falafel in pita. 80 baht and well worth it. 

Shoshana? Isn't that a girl's name? Do you mean Shakshuka, the poached egg in spicy tomato sauce dish served with crusty bread? Yes they have. 

I'm thinking of something like Shoshana, near Khao San Road in Bangkok. I suppose there must be some Middle Eastern restaurants, but I just wondered about one specifically aimed at Israeli dishes.

Yes there are many Middle Eastern restaurants and most excellent they are too... Problem with that ???

Israeli food has developed a unique style. Of course much if it is very similar to other Middle Eastern countries as well.

The Place on Soi Buaukow is the place. Full menu. 

https://foursquare.com/v/the-place--israeli-restaurant/4ef33be09a52fadb3461eb25

On the east side of the street not too far north of Pattaya Tai (but still a bit of a walk).

Across the street from the place down a soi is a basic stand for Israeli style falafel in pita. 80 baht and well worth it. 

Tried it today... with a plain hummus...

Very tasty...

• 2 months later...

Last israeli restaurant i was in they were all wearing Totenham kits !!!

Apparently they like it in the Gazza strip !!!!

• 3 years later...

i decided to bump this thread instead of making a new one. 

i am looking for falafel places in pattaya. 

the one i know: http://pattayahummus.com/ on soi buakhaow and the falafel there is excellent. anyone knows of other places? i assume the one place linked above 3 years ago is now called jasmine restaurant: https://www.facebook.com/JasmineRestaurantPattaya/ (but i've never been). 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

back in march 2018 The Place had a major makeover

5b7b40079e503_mar22003(Custom).JPG.79ab42885310ccea56f67a85feced915.JPG

above march 22 nd work in progress

below april 6th job done

5b7b404daa9c6_april6018(Custom).JPG.66bc5a2937decad1cf4b15fa4a7ee605.JPG

On 21/08/2018 at 08:27, striderman said:

back in march 2018 The Place had a major makeover

can't quite place the location, soi 15-Buakhow?

................................................................................................................

5 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

can't quite place the location, Soi 15-Buakhow?

coming south from soi diana along buakaow after soi 15  you pass the tesco express on the right and The Place comes up on the left hand side just before Dania hotel.

Try Simon’s Hummus Laboratory, on soi bukhao in the area where Tony’s Gym is bordering the tented stalls. Simon’s is on the other side of the stalls, second floor above Siam bank. I think it’s excellent.

10 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

can't quite place the location, Soi 15-Buakhow?

bigger view

the place, links hotel, and dania with the white n red sign

5b7bd6ffe0d0e_21august002(Custom).JPG.bddd9ac98476867587dabfc24ed2bb58.JPG

and if you had been in action st...............

5b7bd72a47afa_21august001(Custom).JPG.42633e250442de4e8c5fc8fd3791ebeb.JPG

On 21/08/2018 at 19:11, striderman said:

bigger view

thanks, got it.

................................................................................................................

On 21.8.2018 at 08:08, tps said:

Try Simon’s Hummus Laboratory, on soi bukhao in the area where Tony’s Gym is bordering the tented stalls. Simon’s is on the other side of the stalls, second floor above Siam bank. I think it’s excellent.

thanks, but that's the place i already linked to. but i agree, it's excellent. 

thanks @striderman for the explanation!

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 04:39, petehoax said:

i decided to bump this thread instead of making a new one. 

i am looking for falafel places in pattaya. 

the one i know: http://pattayahummus.com/ on soi buakhaow and the falafel there is excellent. anyone knows of other places? i assume the one place linked above 3 years ago is now called jasmine restaurant: https://www.facebook.com/JasmineRestaurantPattaya/ (but i've never been). 

this unit above the new amazon coffee place overlooking the night market buakaow ?. i had never noticed it till yesterday

5b9b2e4815980_14sept005(Custom).JPG.a2858b9acc5808e92f0f0c8875388f5d.JPG

5b9b2e619e913_14sept006(Custom).JPG.f203d908338d5d5eef8f975fcfab9560.JPG

4 hours ago, striderman said:

this unit above the new amazon coffee place overlooking the night market buakaow ?. i had never noticed it till yesterday

Yes, exactly. I really love their food. Falafel is amazing, hummus as well and I had shakshuka for afternoon breakfast a few times as well and loved it. It's open until 1am most nights. (they also offer non vegetarian food but I never tried it) 

it is open til 1am, though in my experience the food quality is a bit inconsistent late at night. When i have gone earlier in the evening, its always been excellent.

On 2018-08-21 at 13:08, tps said:

Went back again this afternoon, had a kebab sandwich, watermelon shake and a dessert called malabi which is heaven if you haven’t tried it. Their food has been so so good every time but I really want to eat more Thai food before I go home.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 13:08, tps said:

Yes, it's very good.

I was there last night for hummus w/ falafel appetizer and then beef kebabs where I was able to substitute couscous for the French fries (can also get the not-instant mashed potatoes). The beef kebabs look like mini hamburgers which doesn't sound very exciting but they actually taste great with the added Middle Eastern seasoning. My dining companion had the spaghetti with chicken tomato sauce which looked good and was a huge portion but not sure why anyone would order pasta at an Israeli restaurant.  I asked Simon about the Friday night Moroccan fish special and he told me he's decided to simplify the menu to make things more efficient in the kitchen so they're no longer doing that. 

You can get a similar tomato sauce with the shakshuka poached eggs dish. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 06:56, petehoax said:

you mean the food cart here: https://bit.ly/2NgzILp ? last time i asked them, they did only sell kebab. did this change? 

Sorry, I’m not circumcised.

Kosher is not for me.

11 hours ago, b0b said:

Sorry, I’m not circumcised.

Kosher is not for me.

No worries. None of the local Israeli restaurants are Kosher except for the one in the synagogue. 

Archived