IGNORED

JW Marriot vs Hotel Nana!

joel1699

A ridiculous question one might ask!

I'm trying to make a comparison with experience vs experience.

When I go to Thailand, my wants and needs are very average, with the occasional splurge on accomodation if I deem it nessecary and within budget.  I do like good service and the fine things in life, but I am not snobbish.

So I will be in Bangkok this summer for 5 nights and, having done so a couple of times before, I very much enjoy staying at the Chatrium when I'm there, some nice refined and soothing surroundings for me to begin my journey through the LOS.

Only this time I'm bringing a friend, who hasn't been.  We're both looking forward to it and I can see it being a good laugh.  

We're going to stay at the Chatrium for 3 nights, then move into the heart of it for two nights before moving on, keeping things lively.  

Though about spending a couple of nights at the JW Marriot, as when I'm in Nana I always look over at the JW Marriot sign and have a small ambition to be there, even if for a couple of nights.  The attraction of nice surroundings and respectful service is appealing to me, a nice comfy bed too.

However, the darker side of my character has a secret Desire to spend a couple of nights at hotel Nana, as I've heard lots about it.  My mate is a real seedy bastard too and if all the stories of rampant prostitution are anything to go by then I think it would also be up our street.  It's just really a case of how much utility I can derive from either.  I probably won't eat too much at the Marriot; not a cheapskate by any means but I imagine the prices are out of control - as an economist by nature I baulk at having the arse ripped out of me really.  But then again, I wouldn't rule out a one-off steak dinner - that kind of thing.  I feel sometimes where quality is deserved then it's worth paying for.

Again, the ultra-seedy reputation of the hotel Nana does attract me, and I will be sleeping of lots of women from Nana.

I would like to hear the angle of some of you experienced mongers.  I may be over thinking things for two days, but I'm a review freak and I also want my mate to really enjoy himself.  Is the Marriot too stuffy and pretentious?  I don't care about the walk of shame btw.

Joel

.. don't be an armchir whorist .. I recommend that you seriously consider going full-strength, industrial-grade sleaze!

.. before moving here, I stayed at both properties multiple times (15 years ago), but have friends who stay at both since then.

.. Nana hotel is quentissential sleeze .. the stuff of pulp fiction .. tattered, torn, cheap, stanky, but it does have its charm .. anyone within a 100-metre radius of the place and inside its confines (other than staff) can be assumed to be there but for one purpose, and it is not temple-hopping.

.. JW Marriott is a full 5-star business hotel that is largely occupied by many Arab families, here visiting nearby Bumrungrad Hospital .. facilities and services are all quite good .. the New York Steakhouse located there sets the gold standard for steaks in Thailand.

.. you might check with the JW Marriott about multiple guests, which might incur added costs to discourage the behavior .. alternatively, Nana hotel is a non-stop ant trail of rotating adult pleasure consultants.

.. if you and your buddy are recapturing youth and want to go sleaze, then GO SLEAZE man! .. Nana hotel all the way! .. you can stay at JW Marriotts anywhere, but after slumming at the Nana hotel, you will both have stories to tell.

.. if you do this right, it will be a notable chapter in your book of life .. your buddies (especially the married ones) back home will raise you to demi-god status.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

JW Marriott is very nice. Stayed there a few years back after finding a sweet deal on Priceline's Hong Kong mirror site. I've also stayed at Nana many times over the years, shit going back 15 or more years.

JW is the cheese, and Nana is the sleaze. Why not do both?

BHP

I have not stayed in Nana hotel before. So, I have no input on that.

There is no walk of shame in JW Marriott. The hotel won't collect the girl's ID. If you book 2 persons. You could bring in 2 or more girls in. You bring one girl with you and give the other girl/girls the other keycard. You could have a orgy in your room. As long as the girls have the keycard to go up to the room by the elevator, no one will ask.

If you book a room in the club floor, I don't think you need to eat anything outside. They have free breakfast, free afternoon tea, free evening cocktail with snacks. I remember a couple years back. They have free BBQ on Wednesday (I haven't stayed there for a long time, I stayed in Sofitel Sukhumvit in the last couple years. No sure they still have it anymore). So, I don't think you have room to have a steak in New York steak house.

Easy choice ... the lobby bar at the JWM, sells Warsteiner ... Nana doesn't.  If the prices at the New York Steak House frighten you off, there's always Burger King across the road, or McD's in  the Ploenchit centre next door.  Never had a problem with two girls ... and the JWM's Bangkok Baking Company is still my favourite spot in Bangkok for breakfast.

Yeah!

Thanks for the input guys, always appreciated.  I think, it's a good point that one can stay at JW Marriot anywhere, but from what I understand, there is really only one hotel nana! 

That's a couple of nights booked, May 27th for the central sleazery.  only standard rooms left, but who cares

The breakfast room is always a sight and the runny eggs are legendary

Retired

Sleaze is to the Nana hotel what white is to rice. But when the room becomes too filthy, with cum and bloodstains everywhere and the beds crawling with vermin, then it's no fun. After 40 years of operation without any maintenance, the Nana had become so run-down in 2005 that was almost uninhabitable. However, it has undergone a renovation since then. It's been a few years since I stayed at the Nana, but I got one of the renovated rooms and was pleasantly surprised. Basic but clean, although not exactly spotless. The front desk staff were as grouchy as ever, but I imagine dealing with a never-ending stream of citizens of White Trashistan would leave anyone jaded.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Oh shit, that's one thing I never considered

Blood and cumstains and seediness I can deal with, however bedbugs...I can't do bedbugs! What's the likelihood?

Encountered them in Laos 4 years ago in a real shithole backpacker place not dis-similar to that place where Leo meets daffy in the beach.  Worst night of my life!  En ended up doing a moonlight flit to a place which was $20 per night and a whole lot better

I have free cancellation, just in case

It's like trying to decide between a Merc and a bloody tuk tuk isn't it? Personally neither of those simply because the Nana is a shithole and JWM is too expensive for what it is

Will settle for Majestic Grande in that immediate area and make my own sleaze

Split the center 555 and go with the Majestic Grande property, walk out the front door, cross the street and your at annie's massage.

Split the center 555 and go with the Majestic Grande property, walk out the front door, cross the street and your at annie's massage.

A good point this, maybe a healthy dose of synchronicity or perhaps I have been researching the Nana district quite heavily recently; Annie's seems to be popping up quite a lot.  I have seldom heard of unsatisfied customers and I have generally heard positive things.  I've never had a soapy, but I intend to do so on this occasion just to check it out.   

For me it's a kind of 'all or nothing' deal.  I was thinking initially about Fraser suites - as I was thinking it would be nice to chill in a rooftop pool for a couple of days, but how much pool time do you really need or want in BKK?  My rational for Fraser suites is that above eleven is just above and I am definitely going to check it out.  That would have been handy.  Although, it's probably farther from the belly of the beast than it needs to be.  

So JW Marriot was the contender due to its luxury reputation.  I suppose an interesting question for me is 'is the service and class at the Marriot worth paying for anyway?

Although my reasons for entertaining Nana hotel is that, in line with going to the bottom end of the spectrum, I'm going as sleazy as possible.  I'm 30 (not that it really means anything) but I get a kick out of sitting for breakfast in view of men much older than me who are sitting with their LT's who are younger than me.  I enjoy this kind of atmosphere!

Since it will be your friends first time I would say Nana hotel.

While relaxing in the lobby he can check out the foot traffic that goes in and out of the hotel.
Upon exiting the hotel NEP will be right in front of you.  Also beer bars and many many other things that Soi 4 and the surrounding area has to offer. Enjoy!!

Yeah!

Thanks for the input guys, always appreciated.  I think, it's a good point that one can stay at JW Marriot anywhere, but from what I understand, there is really only one hotel nana! 

Sleazy is a bit of a misnomer.  It's a shithole.

Although my reasons for entertaining Nana Hotel is that, in line with going to the bottom end of the spectrum, I'm going as sleazy as possible.  I'm 30 (not that it really means anything) but I get a kick out of sitting for breakfast in view of men much older than me who are sitting with their LT's who are younger than me.  I enjoy this kind of atmosphere!

You can stay at the JWM and just amble round to the Nana for breakfast if that's your thing.

I'm staying at the Nana hotel for the first time as I have always avoided it but I want to be up to my neck in sleave.

They have new flat screen tvs and an army of cleaners,

cums stains..please. It gives it ambience.

.. you described that this was about creating an 'experience', not finding a hotel.

.. you are staying at the Chatrium for 3 days, so you men will get your dose of civility there.

.. you are only 30 .. make some memories! .. do the Nana hotel.

• 5 months later...

Where would you rather be lazing the next morning, hungover, on a comfy bed with cool air con with fresh omelettes, crispy toast and strong coffee delivered to you, getting you ready for another day of debauchery. Or a bed that kept you up all night, dull, smelly surroundings, sweating like a pig with a cockroach for company. 

I only end up at the hotel to sleep and fuck but that's still spending 8-10 hours in the room. I don't book JW, too rich but a good Thai 4* is nearly the same. 

Well you are at ground zero at the Nana.  I haven't stayed there in 8 years as it was going downhill fast but as Penevil said pay extra and get a refurbished room with the king bed.  They throw in a breakfast buffet and it used to be pretty good as you could have piles of real bacon lol.  My first experience arriving in Bangkok was at the Nana hotel. I had just checked in and 20 minutes later I was necking with a hot gal from Laos. So I guess you could say I have fondle memories of the place. 

.. so, Joel (OP) .. have you and your buddy arrived? .. on what did you decide?

.. and .. report on the old grand dame of Nana.

• 5 months later...

I have been to The Nana hotel many times.I have been satisfied with the hotel overall.

One time the Internet wifi wasn't working properly, but that is the only time it hasn't worked for me.

The rooms are large and very clean imho. The king-sized beds are large, clean, and comfortable.

The pool and sauna on the 3rd floor are very nice amenities to have on a sunny day.

I like the breakfast buffet, even though I admit they lowered their standards for a short time a couple of years ago.

The JW Marriot is a 5 star hotel while the Nana is a 3 star hotel. I don't think it's fair to compare the two as it's not

a fair comparison. The Marriot is over $150 a night, while the Nana is barely a quarter of that at $40 a night for its cheapest rooms.

Don't get me wrong - The Marriot is definitely a better hotel, but it should be for what it charges.

The Nana hotel is a much better value and gives you much better Bang(kok) for the buck (pun intended).

If you are a monger, there is a good reason The Nana is known as "The Mothership".

The Nana has been around for over 50 years and attracts mongers to its rooms like

Mecca attracts devout Muslims. Almost anything goes at The Nana (lady must be at least 20 years old;)

Happy mongering to all and to all a great year! :GoldenSmile1:

• 4 months later...

I'd shop around ....a lot of nearby middle ground...save yourself some bucks & avoid the bug bites

No problem with multiple guests at JW Marriott.

For a Marriott property though, I prefer the Renaissance at Chit Loem, though JW does have the advantage of being across the street. Presidential Suite at Renaissance is nice; haven't seen the top digs at JW; I prefer a hotel with less Arabs about, especially if I'm using the lounge, pool and fitness facilities.

From some of these posts, I think I'll book a night at Nana just for the experience - will need a real slutty, raucous tramp to complete the experience. Should be fun though.

I've had some of the best sex of my life in Nana over the years. And although I've moved onto more luxury hotels the older I've got, it will always hold many special memories for me. Who can forget those massive room keys they gave you. Nana Disco for a quick 'take out'. And that breakfast bacon. .....yum!

• 2 months later...

I've spent so many nights in the Nana, even when I lived in BKK just up Sukhumvit (I didnt' take bar girls back to my home) I've often thought they should name a room after me.  Alas, I'm sure many more have spent much more time there LOL

But on my next trip to LOS I'm seeing really good rates at the JWM and they have never given me trouble bringing a bar girl into my room, so JWM it is for me.

Fucking Thai pussy since 1984

Archived