IGNORED

True Intersim expiry

Methos

I've used this sim for at least a couple of years. On previous trips when I'd add time it extended the expiry 1 year. This time it's only a few months. I'm coming back in June and would like to keep my number. Is there an easy way to do this? Is there a "True" store I can go to that can set this up.....or just a certain amount of credit I have to add to get it to 6 months or 1 year again?

Not sure about True as I use Dtac but if you can't top up online via the official True site this mob might be worth a look. I used to use them before Dtac allowed online top up.

If you have a friend living in or visiting Thailand ask them to do a top-up for you. Just ask him/her to go to a 7/11 with your number and 90 Baht.

I have done this before and I’m pretty sure that (in the past) top-ups / credits have been good for a year.

If you can't find another way and are really keen to keep the number then have a look on eBay.

There are a couple of sellers in the UK if I wanted to buy a Thai SIM or Top-Up voucher, there may be a couple in Canada?

Obviously, they make a profit so you will pay over the odds.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I found a true store on Pattaya Tai near Tukcom. It took the guy a few minutes but he extended my expiry to one year. If I understood correctly he did it one month at a time on my phone for about 3 baht/month (out of my credit).

I'm happy about it - get to keep my number and the credit I have on the phone.

The Thai carriers are under a lot of pressure from their regulator to expire unused SIM's.  In the past year, all three have been fined for not expiring numbers fast enough!  Whatever system you use to keep your number alive, bear in mind that it may not work for long.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

Hi...i got a  true intersim and i was had the same problem of Methos , so i'm been to the true office and explain the fact , they say to me that in july will change the rule of sim card, u must register it or u will not able to make a call  u can receive it that's it, so they change the sim with another 3G sim free of cost make registration and than u can pay for the extension of expire date 3 baht per month ,

• 2 months later...

I registered my True-H sim two months ago, but they said that it was impossible to extend the validity of the sim for one year.

Two days ago I went to Mbk and a very helpful girl from the True shop changed my plan and extended the validity up until April 2016.

The big problem is that almost every time you enter a mobile carrier shop you get different answers and no solutions...

Archived