Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Lottery, a Winner

Daveo

Just picked up a copy of Thai Lottery and Thai Kiss about an hour ago from Canterbury for 640 baht together, great deal. I will report back once I've read them, might be a couple weeks from now though as don't know if I'll get a chance while I'm here in Thailand :)

Just finished Thai Lottery. 

Well I finished it a couple of days ago really.

I like to read before bedtime (in bed) which usually sends me to sleep.

TL kept me awake well after midnight on  a few occasions.

Great read. Page turner

Without giving anything away, Sarai gets around a bit!

Muldoon past-midnight rating ...up to 3.30 am   :Dream1:

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

Just picked up a copy of Thai Lottery and Thai Kiss about an hour ago from Canterbury for 640 baht together, great deal. I will report back once I've read them, might be a couple weeks from now though as don't know if I'll get a chance while I'm here in Thailand :)

Just finished Thai Lottery.

Great read. Page turner

Without giving anything away, Sarai gets around a bit!

Muldoon past-midnight rating ...up to 3.30 am   :Dream1:

Gents,

Thanks for both these posts. Brett - I hope you enjoy them.

Muldoon - glad you enjoyed it - and hope you will check out Thai Kiss and the other books.

Some of the characters in Thai Lottery appear in later books. Sonthi is a major character in Thai Kiss and both Prem Boonamee and the delectable Sarai  - feature in Vortex and Vortex... the Endgame.

Small plea to anyone who has read the books and enjoyed them - if you'd consider putting a review on Amazon and telling your mates that would be much appreciated. If by chance you weren't that keen feel free to ignore the request for a review and just accept my humble apologies.

Author of several highly acclaimed Thai based novels including Vortex, Blood Brothers... Thai Style, Thai Kiss and Thai Lottery.

Check them out on Amazon - just click the link below

Matt Carrell on Amazon

Good to see the books getting the recognition they deserve, well done Matt, whats in store for future readers. ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Good to see the books getting the recognition they deserve, well done Matt, whats in store for future readers. ?

Dave

I was going to do a story about a top MI6 spy who was thrown out of the service after a string of love affairs with Hollywood actresses - then won the lottery and emigrated to Pattaya where he runs a book shop and pretends to be a West Ham fan - but your lawyers took out an injunction. Too close to the truth apparently. So back to the drawing board.

I had a book on the go late last year - basic plot was around a tourist being murdered on a Thai island and an intricate web of cover ups by the locals - but I reckon given what happened on Ko Tao - better to shelve that one too for a while at least. I'm out of luck on the "too close to home" front.

So - right now there are two books in the Vortex series - (both set in Thailand). Plan is to do a third one - Lots of people like the Pom character from Thai Lottery (as in lots of people would like a couple of hours alone with her and a bottle of baby lotion!)  so I brought her back in the Vortex series. Have to decide whether I give her a happy ending in the final instalment!

Thanks again to everyone on PA for the most incredibel support since I started doing this - and if any of you fancy giving it a go yourselves - go for it. Best fun I've had since I met a girl called Pom.....

Author of several highly acclaimed Thai based novels including Vortex, Blood Brothers... Thai Style, Thai Kiss and Thai Lottery.

Matt Carrell on Amazon

read them all, love them, will go do some reviews on amazon!

You're a gent. Look forward to reading your reviews

Matt Carrell on Amazon

aha, already reviewed Vortex, forgot!

didn't know there was a sequel, just buying that now!

aha, already reviewed Vortex, forgot!

didn't know there was a sequel, just buying that now!

Thanks - let me know what you think

Matt Carrell on Amazon

• 2 weeks later...

Update- just finished reading Thai Lottery yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I really like your style of writing Matt, it was hard to put the book down. Looking forward to reading Thai Kiss now which I will start this week.

Update- just finished reading Thai Lottery yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it, I really like your style of writing Matt, it was hard to put the book down. Looking forward to reading Thai Kiss now which I will start this week.

Many thanks Brett - glad you enjoyed Thai Lottery - I reckon Thai Kiss is the better book to be honest.

Hope you agree.

Matt

Matt Carrell on Amazon

Added my reviews for TL and V.

I'll save TK for my tavel reading in April.

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

Added my reviews for TL and V.

I'll save TK for my tavel reading in April.

Seen the reviews - many thanks. It seems the more reviews that are posted - the more likely Amazon is to promote the book - so I really appreciate it.

Matt

PS - The sequel to Vortex came out end of last year

Matt Carrell on Amazon

Still have a few copies of Matt's books in the bookshop.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Just finished Thai Kiss...wow what a roller coaster ride...had me gripped even more so than Thai Lottery. Once again I really enjoyed Matt's style of writing, couldn't wait to get back to it every time I had to put it down for a day or so but still got through it in about 5 days when I wasn't working or out and about. Found myself feeling empathy for some of the characters and then at times not so much, I like how so much complexity is given to the way the characters think and feel along the way so the reader has as much insight as possible. I thoroughly recommend this book.

Just finished Thai Kiss...wow what a roller coaster ride...had me gripped even more so than Thai Lottery. Once again I really enjoyed Matt's style of writing, couldn't wait to get back to it every time I had to put it down for a day or so but still got through it in about 5 days when I wasn't working or out and about. Found myself feeling empathy for some of the characters and then at times not so much, I like how so much complexity is given to the way the characters think and feel along the way so the reader has as much insight as possible. I thoroughly recommend this book.

Brett

Thanks for this - I'm really pleased you liked the book.

Matt

Matt Carrell on Amazon

Brett

Thanks for this - I'm really pleased you liked the book.

Matt

I'll be back in Patts in July, looking forward to picking up some more of your books mate from Canterbury Tales. To everyone else do yourself a favour and check out Thai Kiss and Thai Lottery, both great reads.

I'll be back in Patts in July, looking forward to picking up some more of your books mate from Canterbury Tales. To everyone else do yourself a favour and check out Thai Kiss and Thai Lottery, both great reads.

Thanks Brett - I think Dave still has a  few copies of Vortex - it's not about the bar scene but it's still set mainly in Thailand.

Matt Carrell on Amazon

Have read Vortex Thai Lottery and Thai Kiss all gotten from Amazon.enjoyed them all Matt Thanks !

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Just a question. Have a kindle. Love it but hope you and all the authors get a decent residual on your work. How does it compare to physical book sales as far as the author is concerned.

Just a question. Have a kindle. Love it but hope you and all the authors get a decent residual on your work. How does it compare to physical book sales as far as the author is concerned.

To be honest I try not to think about it too hard - but the numbers are roughly as follows.

Most of my books are about £3.60 on Kindle in the UK. Believe it or not - the taxman takes 60p. The rest is split roughly a third each between Amazon, the publisher and the author. So I get about one pound for every Kindle download, which I then have to put on my tax return so the taxman gets another chunk of it. Another way of looking at is - for every five books I sell I make enough to buy one bottle of Singha in a Walking Street gogo.

Paperbacks are slightly worse but it depends on which Amazon store you get them from - the US store pays a bit more - but I get somewhere between 50p and £1 for each book (before the taxman takes a bite).

One of the nicest things about writing books is that I've met a number of the other guys who write Thai based books and they all say the same - don't do it for the cash!

Matt

Matt Carrell on Amazon

Archived