IGNORED

Budget Affordable Hotel / Guesthouse Options LK Metro Area

up2u2

Great source of information here, very well written and documented reviews, 5 stars voted and pinned the thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really great info- thanks

Guesthouses really are trial and error. Was impressed you found Happy Inn- it's my Bangkok diamond in the rough

Work hard, play hard

I've always found Up2u2's accommodation reviews excellent, & appreciate the time he takes to produce them.   I just wish he would post many more, there are so many accommodation choices throughout Pattaya & Jontiem

Thanks for taking the time to write these great reports. Lots of useful information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some really useful information here just what I was looking for.

Thank you

The night is a very dark time for me

I would like to throw our place in this list, Is this OK ?

Nice place good to see the monthly rates. How much is an average Electric bill for 1 month please.

The night is a very dark time for me

Just around the corner from LK Metro in soi Chaiyapoon

• Like 2

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Nice place good to see the monthly rates. How much is an average Electric bill for 1 month please.

Hi Wayfarer

As you can appreciate electric bills are mainly based on AC usage and that is based on how much you use it but roughly about 1,500bht

• 1 month later...

Some advice Wayfarer, if you want to rent a room by the month, make sure they have government charges for the electric bill, if not avoid them as you will be getting done, most places charge about 7 Bt per unit, government charges are app half that.

Hi Wayfarer

As you can appreciate electric bills are mainly based on AC usage and that is based on how much you use it but roughly about 1,500bht

As I stated the variation and usage is up to you our rate is one of the lowest rates and that is why it is clearly stated on our website as alot of guesthouse may charge very high rates as they try to cover there common area electric costs, The average bill can be as low as 700bht and as high as 4,000bht as I said it is totally up to you but we can show you the meter reading both on arrival and departure.

• 2 weeks later...

As I stated the variation and usage is up to you our rate is one of the lowest rates and that is why it is clearly stated on our website as alot of guesthouse may charge very high rates as they try to cover there common area electric costs, The average bill can be as low as 700bht and as high as 4,000bht as I said it is totally up to you but we can show you the meter reading both on arrival and depart

As I stated the variation and usage is up to you our rate is one of the lowest rates and that is why it is clearly stated on our website as alot of guesthouse may charge very high rates as they try to cover there common area electric costs, The average bill can be as low as 700bht and as high as 4,000bht as I said it is totally up to you but we can show you the meter reading both on arrival and departure.

So you won't be charging more than the government rate for electric which is no more than 4bt per unit, if that is the case then good on you, yes, you get guesthouses charging as much as 7bt per unit, with lower monthly rental charges, so the customer thinks he/she is getting a good rental price, then gets a shock when he/she sees the electric bill.

• 4 weeks later...

As I stated the variation and usage is up to you our rate is one of the lowest rates and that is why it is clearly stated on our website as alot of guesthouse may charge very high rates as they try to cover there common area electric costs, The average bill can be as low as 700bht and as high as 4,000bht as I said it is totally up to you but we can show you the meter reading both on arrival and depart

So you won't be charging more than the government rate for electric which is no more than 4bt per unit, if that is the case then good on you, yes, you get guesthouses charging as much as 7bt per unit, with lower monthly rental charges, so the customer thinks he/she is getting a good rental price, then gets a shock when he/she sees the electric bill.

HI noshow

I suggest you check the rate you are quoting as the Gov rate IS NOT 4bht. I am happy to show you our electric bill

HI noshow

I suggest you check the rate you are quoting as the Gov rate IS NOT 4bht. I am happy to show you our electric bill

So you are saying the government rate is more than 4 Bt per unit? not where I stay.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes our Government rate is more than 4bht per unit

I guess it is not a commercial premises as I am happy to show you my rate are you happy to how me your bill from the government ? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Any word on Destiny Hotel? Thinking about staying for a week in Sept.

I have stayed at Destiny hotel although not under the current management - very nice rooms for thje low price

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 1 month later...

Pinning onto this thread, can anyone recommend a Guesthouse with 100% blockout curtains as Im very sensitive to light and was awoken to the sun at 7.30am last stay at Soi Honey. This spoils the vaykay when you dont get to sleep most nights till 2-4am. Budget around 700 in LK area.

• 6 months later...