IGNORED

Thep Apartment

badboyandy

Was looking to see if this has a new website or a new contact email as the old one seems to have stopped working

and was hoping to book in the newxt few days thanks

good luck...a while ago my mate tried to book there ...he told them the time he was arriving they said "up to you" and put the phone down

• 4 years later...

Looking at this place for my short mid summer trip next year....only 600 baht a night.

Anyone stayed here recently and cares to provide a review / comment?

Normally stay in the nearby D group accommodation but prices for those getting quite high and this place looks to be pretty much the same design wise etc, no pool I suppose but a jacuzzi on the roof to relax in

12 minutes ago, PR1977 said:

Looking at this place for my short mid summer trip next year....only 600 baht a night.

Where are you getting 600 quoted? I can only find it for 735 on Agoda.

Looks ok from the pics, decent reviews too. I was planning on booking a few nights at my usual place, up near 3rd road, then walk down and have them show me a room at Thep before deciding whether to switch.

5 minutes ago, spacemonkey said:

Where are you getting 600 quoted? I can only find it for 735 on Agoda.

I found it on Agoda last month on a pay later deal..looking at the booking it is actually 8 nights for 5218 which is really 650 per night, apologies.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PR1977 said:

I found it on Agoda last month on a pay later deal..looking at the booking it is actually 8 nights for 5218 which is really 650 per night, apologies.

No worries, still a great price if it lives up to the ratings.

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up staying here for 12 nights, thought I'd do a quick update for @PR1977

Room was spacious and clean, large king bed, fridge all fine, but the furnishings (table/chairs; cabinets; wardrobe) are definitely a tad dated/worn. Could use a bit of refurb but no big deal, for me, really given the price. Cleaning every day, if required, staff always did a good job and were very pleasant whenever we met - seemed very happy with 40 baht/day tip. Bottled water provided every day. Also tea and coffee facilities in the room, but I never used them.

Bathroom pretty average really, no thrills but nothing bad. Typical, basic, Thai wet room. Was a tad dark in there, however, even with 2 bulbs, so I took a brighter bulb from the bedroom and switched it for one above the mirror.

TV had around 70-odd channels, Thai and farang. Signal wasn't great but still watchable, usual stuff for a Pattaya hotel, in my experience.

Large, electronic, safe sitting inside the wardrobe, easy enough to fit my 15" laptop, and a ton of other stuff on top.

I had a room at the back of the hotel. Smaller balconies than the deluxe front rooms, but nice and quiet aside from a rooster at around 6am, although I always slept through his alarm call. It was only when I was still up anyway that I think I heard him, don't think I was ever actually awoken by him.

Didn't really use the WiFi much, no speed testing or anything. Seemed adequate for simple browsing on one's phone. Hardly bothered taking the laptop out of the safe this trip so can't really comment other than that.

Reception staff and the guy who does nights sitting outside after it closes (security I guess, but no uniform) were always friendly, no trouble with anyone at all. Always made to feel welcome during my stay. The security fella actually helped me out with a bit of an awkward situation I'd gotten myself into, regarding a couple of girls (long story), really nice guy.

Free coffee and use of microwave, 24 hours, on the ground floor. They were also happy to let visiting girls park their car there for an hour or so ST, provided I'd let reception know first.

Walk-in, nightly fee is 700 baht. I didn't ask about monthly. There's also a 300-baht joiner fee if you want to bring back 2 girls.

Literally the only thing that bothered me, just slightly, was the dated furniture I mentioned earlier. To be honest, at 700 baht I can't see myself finding anything better in this central a location. I'll definitely be coming back.

Oh and I never bothered checking out the jacuzzi on the roof.

On 30/07/2019 at 18:13, spacemonkey said:

Cleaning every day, if required, staff always did a good job and were very pleasant whenever we met - seemed very happy with 40 baht/day tip.

Thanks Spacemonkey. I was looking at this place for my upcoming trip in late August.

What time do they clean the rooms because I don't like leaving my room till about 3 afternoon after a heavy night out?

I previously stayed at Nature view hotel and from 1 p.m onwards the cleaners would constantly knock the door or ring the telephone to get you up and out so they could finish their jobs and go home early. This really bugged me so much that after a week I just checked out and booked somewhere else.

6 hours ago, thetrader said:

Thanks Spacemonkey. I was looking at this place for my upcoming trip in late August.

What time do they clean the rooms because I don't like leaving my room till about 3 afternoon after a heavy night out?

I previously stayed at Nature view hotel and from 1 p.m onwards the cleaners would constantly knock the door or ring the telephone to get you up and out so they could finish their jobs and go home early. This really bugged me so much that after a week I just checked out and booked somewhere else.

I'm usually up and out for breakfast before midday, coming back after 3pm the room was always cleaned by then. At a guess, going by a few times I slept in or had to run back to the room to fetch something, I'd say 1pm to 2.30pm was the usual time the cleaners would be in.

However, on a handful of days, after a late nights at discos, I'd still be in bed until 2pm or a tad later, with the red 'do not disturb' hanger on the door. Even that late, I would still flip the hanger to the green side and come back after 5pm to find my room clean. There was one time, where I forgot the 'do not disturb' hanger and received a phone call at exactly 1pm regarding cleaning; I told them not to worry about it, yet after surfacing past 3pm the room was still cleaned after I put the door hanger out (on the green side).

They were also happy to hold off until 2.30, when asked, one time I had a freelancer coming over for 1pm.

Can't say for certain, but I reckon there's a fair chance they'd be happy to clean at 3pm for you, if you asked them nicely and tipped them a few baht.

Edit: Maybe try what I did, just book 2 or 3 nights first and play it by ear. No way they'll be fully booked at that time of year. I had no trouble booking in 3 day stints for my entire stay.

Edited by spacemonkey

• 7 months later...
On 30/07/2019 at 11:13, spacemonkey said:

Ended up staying here for 12 nights, thought I'd do a quick update for @PR1977

Room was spacious and clean, large king bed, fridge all fine, but the furnishings (table/chairs; cabinets; wardrobe) are definitely a tad dated/worn. Could use a bit of refurb but no big deal, for me, really given the price. Cleaning every day, if required, staff always did a good job and were very pleasant whenever we met - seemed very happy with 40 baht/day tip. Bottled water provided every day. Also tea and coffee facilities in the room, but I never used them.

Bathroom pretty average really, no thrills but nothing bad. Typical, basic, Thai wet room. Was a tad dark in there, however, even with 2 bulbs, so I took a brighter bulb from the bedroom and switched it for one above the mirror.

TV had around 70-odd channels, Thai and farang. Signal wasn't great but still watchable, usual stuff for a Pattaya hotel, in my experience.

Large, electronic, safe sitting inside the wardrobe, easy enough to fit my 15" laptop, and a ton of other stuff on top.

I had a room at the back of the hotel. Smaller balconies than the deluxe front rooms, but nice and quiet aside from a rooster at around 6am, although I always slept through his alarm call. It was only when I was still up anyway that I think I heard him, don't think I was ever actually awoken by him.

Didn't really use the WiFi much, no speed testing or anything. Seemed adequate for simple browsing on one's phone. Hardly bothered taking the laptop out of the safe this trip so can't really comment other than that.

Reception staff and the guy who does nights sitting outside after it closes (security I guess, but no uniform) were always friendly, no trouble with anyone at all. Always made to feel welcome during my stay. The security fella actually helped me out with a bit of an awkward situation I'd gotten myself into, regarding a couple of girls (long story), really nice guy.

Free coffee and use of microwave, 24 hours, on the ground floor. They were also happy to let visiting girls park their car there for an hour or so ST, provided I'd let reception know first.

Walk-in, nightly fee is 700 baht. I didn't ask about monthly. There's also a 300-baht joiner fee if you want to bring back 2 girls.

Literally the only thing that bothered me, just slightly, was the dated furniture I mentioned earlier. To be honest, at 700 baht I can't see myself finding anything better in this central a location. I'll definitely be coming back.

Oh and I never bothered checking out the jacuzzi on the roof.

This was my go 2 hotel for the past 4 years, but NOOOOO more, I had put up with the surly disconnected 2 Chinese sisters who run the place, and their old man who would rather do his yoga stretches then have to deal with a guest of his hotel. The deal breaker 4 me is the new night guy, he is one hot headed cowboy i seen him get into some real heated arguments with guests, and his obese Cambodian sister who thinks she runs the housekeeping staff is a first class bitch.

All the house keeping staff / night security are Cambodian, ( strange) maybe they cannot retain thai staff die to the way the owners treat people.

And they hold a 1000 THB deposit upon checking in, and getting that back from the night guy if u r checking out early can be a real problem.

Edited by stan jonathen