IGNORED

Business Class Fares & Offers

davidge

On 22/09/2022 at 15:53, HimBadMan said:

flew them again, two weeks ago.  They are highly reliable.   Plus with Japan opening to tourist on Oct 11th, there should be more flights in and out.

I wonder why they cancelled my flight with that October 11th date in mind? Odd. 

On 22/09/2022 at 15:32, JA01_ said:

Has anyone gone through JAL lately? Trying to get an idea of overall how reliable they are in keeping flights active?  Preparing to have to go another route if they cancel my new flight as well. 

Very reliable and I love to fly on them...however you should be careful when booking...lately I have noticed some good fares, but some crazy layover times, and routings.

9 minutes ago, Roadglide said:

Very reliable and I love to fly on them...however you should be careful when booking...lately I have noticed some good fares, but some crazy layover times, and routings.

Yes, that is why I rebooked both flights into BKK, because the layover changed to 16 hours! I found a new one with only a 90 minute layover.  I hope it sticks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JA01_ said:

Yes, that is why I rebooked both flights into BKK, because the layover changed to 16 hours! I found a new one with only a 90 minute layover.  I hope it sticks. 

Prior to Oct Japan would not allow layovers that included overnight, so they would end up canceling your flight if the layover included "overnight".   more of an FYI

• Like 2

Just checking out Finnair BC flights.

Looks like they have a watered down BC fare available. No lounge access, has anyone got any recent feedback?

Also noted that the onward connections have totally whackey connections, over 10 hrs both legs.

15 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Looks like they have a watered down BC fare available. No lounge access, has anyone got any recent feedback?

Also noted that the onward connections have totally whackey connections, over 10 hrs both legs.

Where is that from, please?

I do not completely understand 'onward connections have totally whacky connections'. I assume the flight goes straight from Helsinki to Bangkok. So, where would these whacky connections be ?

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Not just "No Lounge Access" but also No Priority (Check-in or Security) & No Checked-in Luggage, essentially it's just the flight that's Business Class the rest of the experience is economy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Halfaboy said:

I do not completely understand 'onward connections have totally whacky connections'. I assume the flight goes straight from Helsinki to Bangkok. So, where would these whacky connections be ?

I think he's referring to the > 10 hour transit times in Helsinki, the lounge is quite nice there (assuming you can get in & you aren't on the base Business Class product) but I wouldn't want to be stuck there for any longer than a couple of hours). 

NB I like Finnair & have recommended them / am planning on flying them on my next trip to the UK (mainly using Miles) but at the moment I'm struggling to find a competitive flight with them that doesn't have long transit times.  

11 hours ago, Just Browsing said:

I think he's referring to the > 10 hour transit times in Helsinki, the lounge is quite nice there (assuming you can get in & you aren't on the base Business Class product) but I wouldn't want to be stuck there for any longer than a couple of hours). 

NB I like Finnair & have recommended them / am planning on flying them on my next trip to the UK (mainly using Miles) but at the moment I'm struggling to find a competitive flight with them that doesn't have long transit times.  

You could do redeem BKK-SIN-LHR for 103,500 miles on Singapore Airlines.

I'm doing the reverse LHR-SIN-BKK with a 2 hour transit for my trip next year.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Just Browsing said:

mainly using Miles)

Also, I have tried to book flights with Finnair using airmiles-I have over 200,000-and when I enter dates for "award flights" keeps coming up not available, despite entering many different dates.

I would bite the bullet on the base BC fare, its just those long connection times in Helsinki.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone flown Thai Airways Operated by EVA?  Is it the same exact experience as going directly through EVA? The pricing is much better doing it through Thai Airways…

42 minutes ago, JA01_ said:

Has anyone flown Thai Airways Operated by EVA?  Is it the same exact experience as going directly through EVA? The pricing is much better doing it through Thai Airways…

That should just be an EVA flight booked using a codeshare with Thai.

Check the itinerary - it may be Thai into TPE, then EVA onto the next destination.

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

That should just be an EVA flight booked using a codeshare with Thai.

Check the itinerary - it may be Thai into TPE, then EVA onto the next destination.

It’s EVA into TPE, then Thai Into BKK, then +$2-400+ for other airlines back haha.  Not as great as it seemed in the initial listed description and price. 

14 hours ago, JA01_ said:

It’s EVA into TPE, then Thai Into BKK, then +$2-400+ for other airlines back haha.  Not as great as it seemed in the initial listed description and price. 

HATE when consolidators hit you with a bait and switch.

Kayak pulled up a fare that was $200 below the next lowest. When I clicked on it, the link took me to Expedia, which said something like "the fare has increased from $1000 to $1700 - fares change quickly, so we suggest you book now."

COMPLETE HORSESHIT! I went back into Kayak a little later, and they were still advertising the non-existent $1000 fare to get people to panic and buy the overpriced $1700 one (same flights were selling for $1200+ at JAL and AA).

• 2 weeks later...

From the JAL website. From what I've read, all Asian and Mid-East airlines still require masks during the flight.

Passengers are required to wear a face mask.*

*Exceptions may be made for infants under 2 years of age and passengers who have medical conditions that would be complicated by wearing a mask.

3 hours ago, JA01_ said:

Is JAL still requiring face masks DURING the flight? 

I hated this.  Last March I was flying home on JAL in their BIZ class pod.  No one was in the pod next to me and they have dividers closing you off.  I was sleeping and there was a bit of a musty waft from the blanket and I coughed a few times,  Someone must have ALERTED the flight attendant I wasn't wearing a mask and she came and asked me to wear one. 

As if a mask makes us any safer.  Sure if you are sneezing and coughing sitting next to someone but a few little coughs when separated by dividers etc a mask is doing nothing except making it harder to sleep. 

I hope this mandate if over in January when I fly.  I am on Air Canada so maybe they aren't enforcers of this mandate.

Just had a look at my flight with Eva in 3 weeks to see my meal choice and only 2 empty seats in Biz. Can’t see them dropping fares if they’re filling their flights.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just a random update.  As I mentioned I purchased a RT BIZ on Air Canada from PHX-BKK with a nonstop between YVR and BKK for $5600.  I was feeling stressed that I overpaid for this ticket so I tried finding something enough cheaper to forgo the non-stop aspect of the flight.

Only tickets I can find using Kayak or direct with the airlines have like 11 hour layovers or 3 connections.  Anything CLOSE to as convenient is over $6K. 

Now I'm worried they will cancel the flight or screw me out of my ticket some how before January.  I hate airlines. 

On 25/10/2022 at 22:52, davidge said:

Just had a look at my flight with Eva in 3 weeks to see my meal choice and only 2 empty seats in Biz. Can’t see them dropping fares if they’re filling their flights.

I can only comment on my flights from Syd - KL - BKK but on the four flights I have taken since July, all seats in B/C have been full. I’m not expecting any change for Dec / Jan.  There’s certainly still a lot of demand. 

• 2 weeks later...

Received an email from JAL regarding entry into Japan requirements.  For those who have gone with JAL recently, can you confirm that does not apply to simply passing through there for the connecting flight into Thailand? The email seems to state so but want to confirm 100%.  

Edited by JA01_

• 3 months later...

Saudi Airlines have reasonable prices and flight times out of Manchester. Never had them pop up on a search before. I'll keep an eye on prices for when I can book.

Anyone have experience with them?

6 hours ago, penboy said:

Saudi Airlines have reasonable prices and flight times out of Manchester. Never had them pop up on a search before. I'll keep an eye on prices for when I can book.

Anyone have experience with them?

After working in Saudi for several years I wouldn’t use them if they were free.

Airports a disaster zone. Badly organised with lazy staff and barely usable toilets. Airline has a tendency to change or cancel flights or reroute with no consideration for passengers. If going via Jeddah there’s a good chance the bathrooms onboard will be completely awash by the time you arrive as people on the way to Mecca wash themselves and change into towels before landing.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”