IGNORED

Gillette Mach 3 Turbo Blades X 4

Daveo

To be fair, it's been pretty much established that the OP's original claim that the blades were genuine Gillette Mach 3 blades was also "based on pure speculation".  In reality, he's now saying he doesn't know if they are, but they give a couple of good shaves.  Fair enough, but that's no different from blades which cost half the price.

The op has already clarified that some items purchased in Thailand can be difficult to tell if they are genuine or not.  However, the packaging looks genuine and has tried the razors himself.

Now you are maliciously misquoting the op in saying ‘they give a couple of good shaves’. Where he actually stated  ‘I have been using them for well over a week and found them fine, have used the 1st one several times and still shaving very well’.

At the risk of repeating one self, why don’t you pop in and have a look yourself if you’re interested.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now you are maliciously misquoting the op in saying ‘they give a couple of good shaves’. Where he actually stated  ‘I have been using them for well over a week and found them fine, have used the 1st one several times and still shaving very well’.

He also stated that the blades were "genuine" ... so, apologies if I take the veracity of his claims with a pinch of salt, Rodders.

At the risk of repeating one self, why don’t you pop in and have a look yourself if you’re interested.

Why? I've already posted pics of the blades I use ... made in the usa (maybe/possibly/probably by Gillette) and cost less than 65% of what the OP is asking. You should be thanking me for saving you a few bob.

The op is selling blades that may or may not be genuine for 150 baht or so less than store prices. He does not claim they are genuine, but he claims they are good for at least a week or more. I believe says their blades last 5 weeks, so that is not good evidence. I have been using my current Bic 30-baht replacement cartridge for at least five weeks and it seems fine now.

Now, one question that comes to mind is, why is the op selling these things? It would seem it would be to make a profit. How much of a profit would seem a fair question in this particular circumstance. Is he making 50 baht a pack? Or is he making 150+ as one person seems to claim here?

Another interesting question is, if the blades are indeed genuine, then are they stolen? How can the op sell genuine cartridges at such a low price and still make  a profit?

Even if the blades are genuine and he has a magical legal method of getting them at a very low price, how about Gillette's claim that their blades are so much better than those of everyone else? Is it even slightly possible they have used a bit of hyperbole in marketing their wares? That maybe the 30 baht cartridge I'm using now is worth more than 30% of the hundred baht they charge retail for their product? Hm.

All power to the op in his marketing effort. A lot of money is made by good marketing, and people are rarely vilified for it.

He does not claim they are genuine

Brand new genuine Gillette Mach 3 Turbo blades

oh yes he does.

oh yes he does.

I tell u what, I will buy a pack of blades for you from Daveo and you can use them and report back!  Simple!  And that goes for anyone else, cause my hansum face is baby smooth!

oh yes he does.

Perhaps he did originally, but I've been reading this thread and he certainly doesn't seem to assert firmly any more that they are genuine. Perhaps he believed it originally and changed his mind.

I never would have thought that so many have failed at selling razor blades and their next option is to bag the OP!

I never would have thought that so many have failed at selling razor blades and their next option is to bag the OP!

yeh my life is full of regrets but that failed razor blade venture runs deep  :WinkGrin1:

I agree, that they are probably ok to use, but so are the watsons ones posted earlier for 90 baht! (or whatever it was)

It started off civil and polite and I was talking about traditional shaving razors etc, then OP got on high-horse and a few people challenged back.

Bought in quantity, these packs can be had for about 50 baht I believe. Potentially, someone is marking them up by x5 AND selling as genuine ....there lies the issue, albeit a rather amusing one now.   

yeh my life is full of regrets but that failed razor blade venture runs deep  :WinkGrin1:

I agree, that they are probably ok to use, but so are the watsons ones posted earlier for 90 baht! (or whatever it was)

Bought in quantity, these packs can be had for about 50 baht I believe. Potentially, someone is marking them up by x5 AND selling as genuine ....there lies the issue, albeit a rather amusing one now.   

NO!  The issue lies in "I believe" So by your own admission you believe what other people have posted but have no first hand proof and continue to be a puppet in someone else s game!

Just checking in to see what I am being accused of today.

I think I mentioned earlier that who knows what is a copy or real in Thailand, I was offered them as real, still awaiting forensic results but hey who cares as long as they do what they are supposed to, so offered them on as real, the packaging does not look fake and are identical to those in Foodland.

I tried them out first for over a week, a few others as Sexy Man have and found them to be spot on as some of my regulars have, not a single complaint after selling about 20+ packs.

A few however who have not tried them, judged them to be crap/fake and call me dishonest, typical keyboard warriors , why dont you try them first before calling judgement ?

I will continue to sell them while available as I know them to be a good quality real or fake, the price is right and you can continue your bombardment of flack, been in business over 10 years here so am used to it.  :Think1:

BLAAAAAAA

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

NO!  The issue lies in "I believe" So by your own admission you believe what other people have posted but have no first hand proof and continue to be a puppet in someone else s game!

jeez, I know how to use the internet! Not that tricky. I'm not familiar with buying from alibaba but a quick search gives a pack at 0.45 of a US dollar! no doubt that is for thousands, so paying approx 1.5 usd (about 50 baht) could bag you a few hundred packs.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Gilette-Mach-3-Shaving-Razor-Blades_1242611967.html

BLAAAAAAA

...which translates to 'gonna keep selling my overpriced fakes to the unsuspecting fools' 

Dave I cannot believe that this thread has gone on for four pages! You are long standing BM who has high integrity and your integrity is being called into question which I find is utterly absurd.

I can well understand why many BM's don't bother posting on PA anymore with posts like these.

I tell u what, I will buy a pack of blades for you from Daveo and you can use them and report back!  Simple!  And that goes for anyone else, cause my hansum face is baby smooth!

+1

I dont believe this has gone on for so long Guys if you don't wish to buy then don't.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

The op has already clarified that some items purchased in Thailand can be difficult to tell if they are genuine or not.  However, the packaging looks genuine and has tried the razors himself.

In addition, he has positive feedback from other customers who have purchased these items

From your comments you must be interested in these razors. If you’re in Pattaya why not pop in and ask to look for yourself, instead of making snide remarks here based on pure speculation.

I used to sell genuine Gillette blades on Amazon/Ebay for several years

The price the Op paid for the blades it is impossible for the blades to be genuine

I will stick with my genuine Gillete blades far better value than buying blades that only last a few shaves at most before being unusable

I used to sell genuine Gillette blades on Amazon/Ebay for several years

The price the Op paid for the blades it is impossible for the blades to be genuine

I will stick with my genuine Gillete blades far better value than buying blades that only last a few shaves at most before being unusable

Was the blades you was selling stolen ???? i am not saying these are however I was offered a box of red wine that was sold sold in the chain shops for under one third the shop price and it was 100% genuine stated by the guy I know of about 300 guys who had some of them I wish after tasting my box I had purchased many more however when I realised it was the genuine thing all had been sold. It is my understanding that it was a delivery that had gone astray on the way to !!!!!!!!!!!.

Not saying this is the case here however you pay your money you take your risk + 1 - 1 up to you. 

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

oh yes he does.

It started off civil and polite and I was talking about traditional shaving razors etc, then OP got on high-horse and a few people challenged back.

jeez, I know how to use the internet! Not that tricky. I'm not familiar with buying from alibaba but a quick search gives a pack at 0.45 of a US dollar! no doubt that is for thousands, so paying approx 1.5 usd (about 50 baht) could bag you a few hundred packs.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Gilette-Mach-3-Shaving-Razor-Blades_1242611967.html

...which translates to 'gonna keep selling my overpriced fakes to the unsuspecting fools' 

Have a look at taylor1975 editing his post!  I am as sharp as a Daveo razor!

post-82617-0-95879200-1420817039_thumb.png

post-82617-0-50630400-1420817087_thumb.png

Sneaky move there taylor1975!  All your PA cred is gone!

Books for sale, go lovely while eating a breakfast after a good nights sleep in room 4A, ooops sorry full up but available next week, free razor with every room.

Used to use these all the time but i'm a Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 guy now......fucking amazing razors. :)

Have a look at taylor1975 editing his post!  I am as sharp as a Daveo razor!

attachicon.gift75.PNG

attachicon.gift76.PNG

Sneaky move there taylor1975!  All your PA cred is gone!

lol why is that sneaky? its called the edit button for a reason.

I added in an extra paragraph to give that post some context as to how this thread developed from normal to absurd 555

I thought it would demonstrate some balance, as opposed to anyone thinking it was a witch-hunt.

explain the sneaky bit?

explain this PA cred I once had?  :WinkGrin1:  

(I just clicked the edit button again to add this sentence cus it annoys you 555)

Hey is it extreme low season in pats???? A thread about Gillette gone to 4 pages .... Things must be real slow in Pats ...

Was the blades you was selling stolen ???? i am not saying these are however I was offered a box of red wine that was sold sold in the chain shops for under one third the shop price and it was 100% genuine stated by the guy I know of about 300 guys who had some of them I wish after tasting my box I had purchased many more however when I realised it was the genuine thing all had been sold. It is my understanding that it was a delivery that had gone astray on the way to Big C.

Not saying this is the case here however you pay your money you take your risk + 1 - 1 up to you. 

JDM

Nope

Purchased from an authorised Gillette blades wholesaler

Very difficult to steal genuine Gillete blades in Thailand

Gillette blades are one of the most copied products on the market

When the OP has the blades back in stock I will make a purchase of the genuine Gillette blades he has for sale

And post my review on this thread

Very easy to tell the snides from genuine blades

The Chinese always cut corners on copy products to keep costs down

Used to use these all the time but i'm a Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 guy now......fucking amazing razors. :)

In asia theyre known as schick hydro5....the cartridges on that are pure extortion....amost 600 baht for 4.

Gave em up...now pay less than 10 cents a blade.

Price discussions are killing my mood and my illusions.

Had a guy in today bought the last 12 packs, said he has 200 sheep to sheer.

After.jpg

Had a guy in today bought the last 12 packs, said he has 200 sheep to sheer.

attachicon.gifAfter.jpg

Are you sure he's not a Kiwi and meant he had two hundred sheep to share.  :Fuck_Sheep:

Archived